What's new

Can we really compare Tejas and JF 17 ??? By Indian Aerospace/Defense News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well,lets wait and see.

Exactly, at least since he posts something with confirmation from an official of the program.

I'm talking about comparing when the planes would be ready, not their capabilities.

And again, they don't have any relation so it's pointless to compare when the one or the other will be available. You can compare LCA MK2 and Gripen E, just as Pak Fa and F35, but in an appropriate thread.

This issue is already discussed several time here in mile long thread ....and by the way your very first line 'Now among these two aircrafts it is very difficult to comment which one is better, as these aircrafts don’t belong to the same category'....Yes LCA belongs to the category of F-35 while JF-17 may belong to the category of a Jet Trainer ...come up with an impartial analysis if you can someday ...!
With category I do not mean the specifications

If Russians have provided the engines, then there could be other data collected from Russians on JF17. As Russians are leaking info on demand most probably after Brahmos scenarios. Counter intelligence them.

@IADnews I think you are one of the blog writers, so I have some feedback on the IAF PAF PLAAF post. You made a good summary but lack of navy, UAV, radar data was a bit of letdown. I think you should have made the post into a series of posts allowing better details and comparison. Also consider geographical and other factors such as incompatibility of f16 with il78 refueller etc.
For example helicopters could have been a single post or even better attack helicopters etc can be a single post. Make a series and then summarize in a final post, it would be both informative and interesting. That post was just middling. But I can see that you have good information and good analysis power, just change the way to present.
Check out planeman's bluffer's guide to Indian missile systems etc to see how good detailed analysis makes so much sense.

@IADnews I think you are one of the blog writers, so I have some feedback on the IAF PAF PLAAF post. You made a good summary but lack of navy, UAV, radar data was a bit of letdown. I think you should have made the post into a series of posts allowing better details and comparison. Also consider geographical and other factors such as incompatibility of f16 with il78 refueller etc.
For example helicopters could have been a single post or even better attack helicopters etc can be a single post. Make a series and then summarize in a final post, it would be both informative and interesting. That post was just middling. But I can see that you have good information and good analysis power, just change the way to present.
Check out planeman's bluffer's guide to Indian missile systems etc to see how good detailed analysis makes so much sense.
Yes I am the writer and Admin, yes true but what our main concern was make it easy to understand and read and our next target is Navy which will be separate, also a newer version of comparison will be launched soon, Thank you for your remarks we will try to do our best and more better next time Keep Viewing :)

New to the forum but not defense as one of the biggest Defense pages in India and one of the most viewed blags IADnews

Welcome to the forum, but I really don't think you will get any appreciation for your efforts here. Although a defense forum, very few understand defense here.

Welcome to the forum, but I really don't think you will get any appreciation for your efforts here. Although a defense forum, very few understand defense here.
We arn't here for appreciation but to represent our country ;) on a good platform

Tejas is on paper and in theory better than JF-17. Tejas can be better but as of today it is #2 given JF-17 have SD-10 BVR missile and Tejas only has R-73E missile.

Also Tejas has a very weak radar compared to JF-17 radar.

DRDO MMR 50km range vs KJLv2 80-90km range

Tejas wins in targeting pod/FLIR as LITENING pod whacks WMD pod.

We arn't here for appreciation but to represent our country ;) on a good platform

What are we going to represent here or what is the need for that representation? Most come here for passing their time. Most of the articles that are discussed here hotly are non defense related.

Yes I am the writer and Admin, yes true but what our main concern was make it easy to understand and read and our next target is Navy which will be separate, also a newer version of comparison will be launched soon, Thank you for your remarks we will try to do our best and more better next time Keep Viewing :)
I understand that, but I think you can have two kinds of posts
1 detailed information
2 summary
Keep the summary simple and the background info detailed, that way you will be able to reel in simple people and defence enthusiasts. For eg keep one post each for destroyers, missile boats , submarines, frigates etc. That way you can compare better.
PS check this thread, really good analysis by plane man, shame that the pics are not visible.
Bluffer's Guide: Pakistani Nuclear Forces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom