What's new

Can we really compare Tejas and JF 17 ??? By Indian Aerospace/Defense News

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are we going to represent here or what is the need for that representation? Most come here for passing their time. Most of the articles that are discussed here hotly are non defense related.
Means if someone tries to spread something wrong someone is here to correct it

Members here will never admit they are wrong or at least I have none admitting. Anyway, enjoy your stay.

LCA can carry BVR missiles ..problem is the testing which won't happen unless we get delivery of quartz radomes.
Sorr just asking 23mm gun on one side or both sides plusare there any plans on making a two seater. ?

Saurav Jha's Blog : The Radiance of Tejas: A bright prospect for 'Make in India'

http://tejas.gov.in/IOC-Brochure.pdf

JUOcD.jpg

If you want to run a good successful and professional blog you would know better than to call Tejas 4.5gen.
You can get plenty of jingoistic people for more likes but then you won't be considered a reliable source.

Just my advice.

That Saurav Jha is a Bharat-Rakshak fanboy. Where is his reference that it has achieved 26 degrees? There is a lot of "uncle-aunty in ADA HAL IAF DRDO" sources in that forum which is taken as fact.

And the brochure, is typical bullshit. You can see clearly that's the target which they are going to achieve, not achieved. for example you can see the BVR missile loadout configuration but LCA has not yet carried or fired a single BVR missile to date.

Edit: Hmm.ok 24 degrees has been achieved from the IOC link. That's cool.
Can you give a link which shows jf-17 has test fired BVR and hit a target.

Welcome to the forum, but I really don't think you will get any appreciation for your efforts here. Although a defense forum, very few understand defense here.
Well said mate..............most of them come to troll, but sometime very sensible and knowledgeable post are also there on PDF. well they might be far in between but it makes up the lost time when it comes. Till then have patience and enjoy.:-):-):-):-)

In the LCA versus JF17 comparison as of now 3 advantage that LCA enjoys are
1 dedicated EW version which can act as a force multiplier.
2 use of common logistics such as common datalink and WVR/BVR missiles.
Data transfer between jf17 and f16 has to happen through gci only. Not so for LCA
Refueler for jf17 cannot be used by f16 and so on.
In 10 years time when jf17 and f16 will be the major platforms in the PAF this lack of cross connectivity will be a greater problem.
3 Two seater trainer version helps in the type training proficiency.
The two seater version for jf17 is yet to fly, though work on it has begun.

Last edited:
On the other hand, LCA has one huge drawback which is lack of in service experience. With ~50 jf 17 flying, the PAF knows in and out of the system. The PAF also has a very clear understanding of their needs and have managed them well.
While BVR and gun testing is still remaining for LCA. As is full envelope of flight opening. Lack of AShM etc are also a big drawback.

On the other hand, LCA has one huge drawback which is lack of in service experience. With ~50 jf 17 flying, the PAF knows in and out of the system. The PAF also has a very clear understanding of their needs and have managed them well.
While BVR and gun testing is still remaining for LCA. As is full envelope of flight opening. Lack of AShM etc are also a big drawback.

AShM cannot be used until radar is upgraded.

@IADnews Can you tell me what is IAD News...I had tried searching it on the web but i didn't found anything related to defence...So sir can you please tell me about this.......:-)

AShM cannot be used until radar is upgraded.
Why? Ship RCS is far greater and easily detected against sea background. The range of detection for ships is an order of magnitude higher.

@IADnews , Welcome to the forum!! I liked your Article. Though I know very much less about defence equipments, but I do read regarding those with an interest. Keep posting and do not get bullied by the trolls and do not care!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom