What's new

Can we really compare Tejas and JF 17 ??? By Indian Aerospace/Defense News

Status
Not open for further replies.
g rating is +8 now and AoA has reached 26 degrees.

No it hasn't achieved that, in fact that were things that should be achieved in FOC, which is delayed now. So far only 22 to 24° AoA and 6 to 7G were achieved in IOC2.

And the brochure, is typical bullshit. You can see clearly that's the target which they are going to achieve, not achieved. for example you can see the BVR missile loadout configuration but LCA has not yet carried or fired a single BVR missile to date.

ask @amardeep mishra for more info.

No it hasn't achieved that, in fact that were things that should be achieved in FOC, which is delayed now. So far only 22 to 24° AoA

original requirement,I believe.

Another brain fart from an Indian ...my time is wasted :mad:

original requirement,I believe.
No the target is 26°, officials stated that LCA was able to "touch" 24° so far, but the expansion of the flight profile and meeting the required specs were meant to be shown during FOC.

Another brain fart from an Indian ...my time is wasted :mad:

stop abusing the OP and point out mistakes if there are any.

No it hasn't achieved that

You're relying on an year old reports which came during IOC-II.The flight testing of LCA is in progress and 26 degree AoA may have been achieved already as reported by Saurav Jha.

stop abusing the OP and point out mistakes if there are any.
What kinda of people you are ...expecting to point out mistakes inn Brain Farts .......o_O

What kinda of people you are ...expecting to point out mistakes inn Brain Farts .......o_O

If you indulge in verbal abuses again,I will report your post.

So thats the best you could you come up for abusing what I said instead on comment something sensible which you cannot as the facts are true.

Now among these two aircrafts it is very difficult to comment which one is better, as these aircrafts don’t belong to the same category. In terms of development, India’s LCA offers something new to the world, new design, new weapons, new systems and, in future, a new engine. While LCA was never made to be India’s Sukhoi but it does gives the platform to India for further modification and development of new projects Whereas Pakistan’s JF-17 is a modification of many previous technologies.

LCA program was started in 1983, whereas JF-17 program was started in 1989 as Chengdu F-7, which was later changed to Fighter China project in 1991. In 1995 Pakistan reportedly joined the project.

Though China has kept development and production of JF-17 on for delivering them to Pakistan and my be to other countries, it prefers J-10 fighters over JF-17 for its own airforce.

Both LCA and JF-17 are 4th generation fighter aircraft, but advanced composite frames and high tech electronics/avionics made international expert call LCA-Tejas a 4.5 Gen aircraft during Aero India 2010, in Bangalore.

While JF-17s are very much needed to serve depleting Pakistani Air Force as a main fighter along with F-16s, LCA is mainly a research project India has carried through these years. LCA was never made to compare with Sukhois, but it has faired very well on international level and now India has a platform and can develop more aircrafts on this platform as the plan of AMCA (Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft, an indigenous 5th gen stealth fighter) has already been cleared by the government.

While India has achieved self reliance in Air Fighter technology, Pakistan has achieved an experience of working in joint venture. It is the first major project of Pakistan with an international joint venture. India has previously worked with Russia in a partnership on development of world’s only supersonic cruise missile, Brahmos. Presently, India and Russia are also working on the development of 5th generation fighter aircraft PAK-FA, in a move to regain the air dominance which was taken over by the americans with their 5th gen F-22 which outsmarted Sukhoi 30 MKI, also a product of Indo-Russian partnership. India and France are also working on Surface to Air Missile “Maitri” project.
Good read :tup:

No it hasn't achieved that, in fact that were things that should be achieved in FOC, which is delayed now. So far only 22 to 24° AoA and 6 to 7G were achieved in IOC2.

In your opinion, how is Lca compared with another well known delayed aircraft, f35. When it comes to readiness for for AF and naval variant. Which one should be ready first. I'm not talking about plane capabilities. Nor about whether one has cleared IOC or FOC? But the actually readiness that the planes will be ready.

You're relying on an year old reports which came during IOC-II.The flight testing of LCA is in progress and 26 degree AoA may have been achieved already as reported by Saurav Jha.

Lets see, on the one side we have the last official statements of the program, on the other side some unofficial statements of unnamed sources of a journalist and that mainly on twitter with 140 characters. :whistle:
Saurav Jha surely is one of the more credible journalists in the Indian media, but his vague and unofficial statements might be interesting, but can't be taken as facts. The AoA issue btw is lesser problem, since we are close to the required performance anyway, but the G limits were pretty far away during IOC2. Besides the lack of the gun and BVR missiles, which all together adds up to a credible lack of A2A capablity.

In your opinion, how is Lca compared with another well known delayed aircraft, f35.

Why would you compare a 4th generation with a 5th generation fighter? And both projects have no relation with each other as well, different class of fighters, aimed on different operational requirements and even different markets or customers.

Saurav Jha surely is one of the more credible journalists in the Indian media, but his vague and unofficial statements might be interesting, but can't be taken as facts.

Well,lets wait and see.

So thats the best you could you come up for abusing what I said instead on comment something sensible which you cannot as the facts are true.
This issue is already discussed several time here in mile long thread ....and by the way your very first line 'Now among these two aircrafts it is very difficult to comment which one is better, as these aircrafts don’t belong to the same category'....Yes LCA belongs to the category of F-35 while JF-17 may belong to the category of a Jet Trainer ...come up with an impartial analysis if you can someday ...!

Lets see, on the one side we have the last official statements of the program, on the other side some unofficial statements of unnamed sources of a journalist and that mainly on twitter with 140 characters. :whistle:
Saurav Jha surely is one of the more credible journalists in the Indian media, but his vague and unofficial statements might be interesting, but can't be taken as facts. The AoA issue btw is lesser problem, since we are close to the required performance anyway, but the G limits were pretty far away during IOC2. Besides the lack of the gun and BVR missiles, which all together adds up to a credible lack of A2A capablity.

Why would you compare a 4th generation with a 5th generation fighter? And both projects have no relation with each other as well, different class of fighters, aimed on different operational requirements and even different markets or customers.
Read my post in its entirety. I'm talking about comparing when the planes would be ready, not their capabilities.

[QUOTE="Sage, post: 6695085, member: 158138"..Yes LCA belongs to the category of F-35 while JF-17 may belong to the category of a Jet Trainer ...come up with an impartial analysis if you can someday ...![/QUOTE]

where did it says so ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom