What's new

Can we move past the rivalry between India and Pakistan?

sasuke

BANNED
Reaction score
Hello all ...

We have our differences. We both agree on that. There are few topics which go round and round with no meaningful discussions.

Can we put our past back and move forward? I don't care about what happened in the past. I don't want to be in a hangover of the stuff that has already happened.

Can't we look for a good future? :smitten:

ps: really bored and irritated after reading the same posts how India did that to Pakistan and how Pakistan is doing this to India :hang2:

Hello all ...

We have our differences. We both agree on that. There are few topics which go round and round with no meaningful discussions.

Can we put our past back and move forward? I don't care about what happened in the past. I don't want to be in a hangover of the stuff that has already happened.

ps: really bored and irritated after reading the same posts how India did that to Pakistan and how Pakistan is doing this to India :hang2:

Yeah, me too. I'm sick of the past. I've met so many Pakistanis all over the world, had them as shipmates- they are so much like us and we get along really well on a personal level.

It bewilders me how two nations with so much in common- we drink water from rivers that come from the same mountains, speak similar languages, cry over the same cheesy movies, like the same music.....but we still bicker and fight. We're pretty Childish at some level.

But, I have faith that my grandchildren (if not my kids) will live in a different time, one where the borders are open and the rancor is limited to jokes at the others expense.

:pdf::cheers:

This topic has been discussed many times. every time It has been feeded by trolls. Both India and pakistan are so much interlocked in rivalry and common culture It is going to take at least many many years to realize both sides what is fruitful for both countries.good luck to both sides.

Hello all ...

NO, WE CANT...

next topic please..

Yeah, me too. I'm sick of the past. I've met so many Pakistanis all over the world, had them as shipmates- they are so much like us and we get along really well on a personal level.

It bewilders me how two nations with so much in common- we drink water from rivers that come from the same mountains, speak similar languages, cry over the same cheesy movies, like the same music.....but we still bicker and fight. We're pretty Childish at some level.

But, I have faith that my grandchildren (if not my kids) will live in a different time, one where the borders are open and the rancor is limited to jokes at the others expense.

:pdf::cheers:

Undoubtedly sibling rivalry goes very deep and one must not forget that India & Pakistan are midnight twins born thru 'Caeserean' operation. (I mean to say that a lot of bloodshed was involved)

However, it is about time we grew up and act in a mature manner. Problem will always be that Pakistan, as a younger sibling, will expect concesions from the elder and bigger India. Would India oblige?
IMO eventually but not at this point in time.

Nevertheless it is about time that we go beyond "better than thou" in this august forum.

Undoubtedly sibling rivalry goes very deep and one must not forget that India & Pakistan are midnight twins born thru 'Caeserean' operation. (I mean to say that a lot of bloodshed was involved)

However, it is about time we grew up and act in a mature manner. Problem will always be that Pakistan, as a younger sibling, will expect concesions from the elder and bigger India. Would India oblige?
IMO eventually but not at this point in time.

Nevertheless it is about time that we go beyond "better than thou" in this august forum.

Sometimes one feels that if we were to accept the fact that we cannot go past our differences till we solve them we would stop behaving like a divorced couple who cannot live together or live apart.

I think the Sibling analogy is more apt than the Divorced Couple.

Nations have consciousness, as people do. As India becomes more self-reliant and self-confident, we should realize that it takes time for a nation's 'self-consciousness' to develop- by this I mean a sense of nationhood as opposed to identification with a particular religion, province, linguistic group or sect. I see this happening in India now, no doubt it will be Pakistan's time in the near future.

And yes, I might get flak from Indian members for saying this- I agree that an older sibling needs to be more understanding and patient than the younger one. We need to live with the two-nation theory, even if we don't agree with it.

Mistakes have been made by both sides, but until we can convince the other side that we genuinely do not want the destruction but prosperity of the sibling-things won't change much. Some day soon, buoyed by prosperity and confidence, maybe India can step out of the box (again) and make peace offerings that we don't have to but still do, in the interest of a good and peaceful neighborhood.

India and Pakistan's destinies are intertwined- there's no way around that.

I think the Sibling analogy is more apt than the Divorced Couple.

Nations have consciousness, as people do. As India becomes more self-reliant and self-confident, we should realize that it takes time for a nation's 'self-consciousness' to develop- by this I mean a sense of nationhood as opposed to identification with a particular religion, province, linguistic group or sect. I see this happening in India now, no doubt it will be Pakistan's time in the near future.

And yes, I might get flak from Indian members for saying this- I agree that an older sibling needs to be more understanding and patient than the younger one. We need to live with the two-nation theory, even if we don't agree with it.

Mistakes have been made by both sides, but until we can convince the other side that we genuinely do not want the destruction but prosperity of the sibling-things won't change much. Some day soon, buoyed by prosperity and confidence, maybe India can step out of the box (again) and make peace offerings that we don't have to but still do, in the interest of a good and peaceful neighborhood.

India and Pakistan's destinies are intertwined- there's no way around that.

Maturity comes with age and experience, and both nations are as old as each other. The two nation theory is contentious but the partition was right.

Why should Pak be the younger one ? .. and younger in what way ? Size ? There are nations much smaller than Pak and India who gained independence much later who still go thru ups & downs but have their head in the right place.

When a family splits the younger brother cannot expect preferential treatment because of his age or size. He has to be one among equals .

I find it funny that Pak sometimes insists on being an equal ( as it should be) and other times refers to itself as the younger sibling.

In any case if the two nation theory is to be believed, were we siblings or simply two strangers living in the same geographical region ?

the only way they can do this if religion becomes a non-entity

there are overly zealous people in pakistan who are more arab then pakistani - they do not help

and in india i think there are many people spanning all classes and creeds who feel that india's resurgence is about hindu resurgence, hindu pride and hindu nationalism, they feel this is their moment - convincing these guys will not be easy

Not till another 100 years.

See for example Bangladesh till they were Pakistani we have lots of problems now they are friend and Bangladesh is developing peacefully. :cheers: Yeah there are some jamaati radicals who are causing troubles for both but they are in minority.

As for pakistan Baluch people or sindhi people are not problem its just the most dominant and India hater elite of a particular group who is exploiting Pakistan and its people will not allow friendship of India-Pakistan.
:no::no:

Its all about interests and survival by all and this is not only linked to Past but future too. So the differences will continue one way or the other BUT yes i think few things need to be settled now.

The biggest of all these is Indian denial mod about existence of Pakistan and Indian dream of disintegrating Pakistan consequently eliminating it from face of the world.

So wake up this dream is dangerous for all

Its all about interests and survival by all and this is not only linked to Past but future too. So the differences will continue one way or the other BUT yes i think few things need to be settled now.

The biggest of all these is Indian denial mod about existence of Pakistan and Indian dream of disintegrating Pakistan consequently eliminating it from face of the world.

So wake up this dream is dangerous for all

For once J&K has not been mentioned !

Back
Top Bottom