What's new

Can we make Su-30MKI as stealthier as Su-35 with Russia?

Trichy

Reaction score
Country
India

During the upgrade can we make the Su-30MKI as much stealthier close to Su-35? I say just close not as of Su-35. Any possible is there?

During the upgrade can we make the Su-30MKI as much stealthier close to Su-35? I say just close not as of Su-35. Any possible is there?

Well, there was rumor Of a Smart Skin Upgrade but dont worry, It might be under the scanner of the MOD, But as of Now why need Stealth when You have 3 Stealth Aircrafts coming your way,. Probably after 2025's MLU , Sukhoi 30 Might undergo a Smart skin upgrade to compliment its task force... As of Now, there is No Need....

Su-30 MKI is the best in South Asia now, but in the coming years it will be like IAF's Mig-21s. Larger in mumbers only, more capable is on the way.

Well, as far basics go
1. Use more composites for the airframe.
2. Apply radar absorbing material on the aircraft.

It think SU-30MKI will get AESA radar...it will make it more smart fighter jet...

it can't be even it tries to because simply of some facts which Su 35 always ahead than Su 30mki
1>more composites in SU 35 than in Su 30mki
2>RAM coating over SU 35
3>CANARDS increases Su 30mki RCS again slightly higher than SU 35
4>higher thrust and stealthier engine for SU 35 too..

Without internal weapon bays any talk of anything remotely stealthy is ridiculous.

I missed that :undecided:
What i said are the ways of reducing radar signature of our already existing fleet.
To put internal weapon bay, we'll have to redesign the aircraft from scratch and it doesn't make any sense when there's 2/3 stealth aircraft on the horizon.

We do not need a stealth MKI now..we have plenty of options..

MMRCA with very less RCS

PAKFA - 5th Gen

AMCA-5th Gen (when??)

LCA-less RCS+small fighter..

We can easily mingle any of these planes with MKI and make good formations for A2A roles..

Take a leaf out of F-15 Silent eagle.. its possible.. since both are massive fighters

F-15_Silent_Eagle_B.jpg

Boeing F-15SE Silent Eagle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

from what i have learned- shaping and internal weapon bay is is most important.with out that we can only reduce small amount of rcs by coating and composite.
btw was the question worth a separate threat ?

That was basically a complete redesign. You can't upgrade a F 15 to F 15SE. You have to buy it new. Also it costs 100 million.

But the upgrade like internal weapons bay and radar coatings can be integrated easily with minimal structural changes and thats probably we are going to do with the same team , ie south Korean KAI company who has made the conformal weapons bay.

Back
Top Bottom