What's new

Can the US beat Russia in a conventional war?

yay or nay?

• Total voters
ya tank and anti tank missiles decided fate of afghan war. mujahiddin had twice the number of tanks than of russia. even vietnam had more tanks than us.
Please go on enlighten us with your wisdom.

It's not so much as the ability to deal with snow. As to the population capable of Arctic warfare.

The average Russian can handle the brutal winters, in the US the only populations capable are: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Alaska, Michigan, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire.

Yes. Victory is decided by the number of tank and anti-tank missiles.

depends on:
- what is your definition of a "win"
- where the battle is being fought

my two cents:
- the battle will last as long as the economy holds them - and Russia at this moment cannot afford a long drawn conflict with any big power.
- having man power, or equipment is a little less valuable than technological edge and regional clout. when the matter comes to Russia vs USA, you cannot wish away EU s position. At the most Russia can get support from is China. and China IMHO will only benefit from a weakened Russia (China will benefit from a weakened world if you ask me!)

If the conflict is for a small issue, the issue will probably be settled more diplomatically than militarily at this juncture

I doubt it. The US would most probably put Russia on the defensive for a short while but Russia's Military is a force to be reckoned with - they can turn the tide on the US and eventually the war will turn into a war of attrition. Russia isn't some poor third world country like Vietnam or Afghanistan. The US relies way too much on their air superiority and 'shock and awe' - they won't have any of that against Russia.

However, we must admit the US does have an advantage when it comes to technology and equipment. Their military budget is almost 5 times more than Russia's, so that is to be expected.

I don't think so because Russia has like twice the number of tanks the US has, plus Russia has hundreds of thousands of anti tank guided missiles.
USA will win USA has lot bigger Air Force and Navy and those are included in convential

russia stands no chance, technology, manpower and economy US leads by a big margin

If the battle is fought in Russia, expect millions of Russians signing up with volunteer battalions. War isn't pretty. See Ukraine. When body bags come home to the US in the thousands or millions, what would be the opinion of the American public?

If the Battle is fought in Russia, then America can't win. No way.

Look at what happened to Nazi Germany when they thought they could fight Russia on their own land.

i read somewhere that russia also lost to afghan and pakistani mujahiddins.

That was the Soviet Union. Remember them ? You don't ? Just look in historys' dust bin, that's where you'll find it.:rofl:

Those who think US can't survive in Russian winter should visit Buffalo, -25 degree Celsius? no issues, 5 ft of snow just adds cream to the top.

Look at what happened to Nazi Germany when they thought they could fight Russia on their own land.

TBH, Hitler was an idiot, had i been in his place, the outcome of WW2 would have been different. :pleasantry:

It would have to be in Russia. You don't think they could come here, do you ? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom