What's new

Can’t I be both an Indian and a Muslim?

That is because this is standard double speak gibberish from so many of you. When it suits you, you argue that India was never a country before 1947 when it supposedly came into being. Other times, like now, you are arguing that you got freedom from India. How would that be possible if India didn't exist. Don't mistake me, we are glad you are gone but the double speak is grating.

Any dumb will also understand, after British takeover subcontinent they declare whole country as one, naming it as British india. It was British colonial territory & ruled by indians as the name also suggest. Pakistan gained independence from it.

This is called Khichdi of History:lol:

Actually most people in the world knows india=Hindus & Sikhs. So now you may understand my post better.;)

For most of the pakistanis history starts with jinnah and prosecution by hindus.
Look at their TV channels on 14th august,all will be repeating same.

If an Indian Muslim criticizes Indian policies/government/system, why Pakistan believes that they don’t want to live in India? And why some radical Hindus treat it as unpatriotic instead of acknowledging the problem.

See, the way I see it is both are two sides of the same coin. The Muslim league and Hindu fundamentalists basically wanted the same thing. One country for muslims, and another only for hindus. These are the unforeseen, or perhaps intended by some (who knows), consequences of partition that can unfortunately be felt to this day.

You have this new phenomenon of Hindu radicalism that never existed before communal tensions instigated around partition, that go around saying, 'Well if the muslims got a separate homeland, this should naturally be a country for hindus. Hence, all muslims get out and go to Pakistan.' They have even influenced some of the ignorant simpletons like those mentioned in the article, that know nothing of partition and India's muslims.

The muslims that remained in India were the ones who fought tooth and nail against the British. Who sacrificed their lot for the freedom of Indians, not Hindus, Muslims, Christians or Sikhs. They are the ones that actually went to jail and didn't care for being 'constitutional' in a despotic, illegal alien regime. The ones who didn't fall for the trap of the British, saw through it, and stood strong by their belief that Indians are Indians first, and their relationship with God is personal, private and not to be subjected to ridicule or judgement of others.

Yet these idiots with their comments, and worse yet those with their violent actions, are completely oblivious to this fact. The Indian muslims who fought and withstood the curses, derogatory words and condescension of the pro-partition lot, are our brothers and sisters not only in blood, but in vision, spirit and by heart, unlike these communal oafs spewing their garbage about 'pure' Hindu India and so on.

The sad part is, radical Hindus exist because of an Islamic republic created on the subcontinent. But some people across the border are so overly sympathetic about the 'plight' of Muslims in India, whom they abandoned and even swore at for opposing them seven decades ago, that they pounce at any opportunity they can to pass unhelpful remarks and justify their existence to themselves. It's okay, we'll be here standing alongside our brothers and sisters, righting the wrongs you committed and cleaning up the mess you left, despite what you and your mirror images on this side think or say.

Any dumb will also understand, after British takeover subcontinent they declare whole country as one, naming it as British india. It was British colonial territory & ruled by indians as the name also suggest. Pakistan gained independence from it.

Actually most people in the world knows india=Hindus & Sikhs. So now you may understand my post better.;)

But Jinnah had objection that we retained the name India, your comment looks conflicting to that

But Jinnah had objection that we retained the name India, your comment looks conflicting to that

lol another classic stuff from indian education:tdown: Sir Jinnah(R.A) didn't had any objections but he only suggested. BTW it's funny you guys hate your real name i.e 'bharat' & instead proudly use the name originating from Pakistan (Sindh) i.e india or hindustan.:rofl:. I can bet majority of young indians today won't even know what is that 'bharat' thingy.:lol:

@Topic Ofcourse she can be both indian & Muslim, she is living on her own land which is rightfully hers. I understand that after Babri Masjid episode indian Muslims are scared that even indian courts could snatch their lands & hand it over to exteremists but IMO indian Muslims have to make their voice loud which Human rights & UN could hear.

lol another classic stuff from indian education:tdown: Sir Jinnah(R.A) didn't had any objections but he only suggested. BTW it's funny you guys hate your real name i.e 'bharat' & instead proudly use the name originating from Pakistan (Sindh) i.e india or hindustan.:rofl:. I can bet majority of young indians today won't even know what is that 'bharat' thingy.:lol:

Jinnah wanted two countries called Hindustan and Pakistan because he believed both are successor states of India but Congress believed Pakistan is separating from India. So, your present views are conflicting to the views of founder of Pakistan.

By the way, India came from the name of Indus river(Greek: Indios) not Sindh we still have Indus in our land.

@Topic Ofcourse she can be both indian & Muslim, she is living on her own land which is rightfully hers. I understand that after Babri Masjid episode indian Muslims are scared that even indian courts could snatch their lands & hand it over to exteremists but IMO indian Muslims have to make their voice loud which Human rights & UN could hear.

THe most absurd thing I have heard in a long time and that's saying a lot. Everyone knows Bharat is name of India. SOrry to say but you are speaking like an ignorant.

A girl, who was proud of being an Indian and used to salute her tricolor flag no matter where she sees it, is skeptical about her identity nowadays. Her faith was private matter some years ago, however now it is considered as her sole identity.

Once she was returning from Ghaziabad to Delhi with her mother, they choose to board in a private bus which was full of Rajasthanis. Her mother was a Rajput and excited to see her ‘own’ people. They both were giggling and talking about beautiful Rajasthani jewellery passed to her by her grandmother. Conductor came and gave a weird look to her mother as she was wearing burqa, he handed over them tickets and said “sala do musalmano ne sari bus ko Pakistan banadiya”.

The girl felt something has shattered inside her. She consoled herself with the belief that conductor was an uneducated man. That girl was me. Later I realised that bus conductor’s views are shared by many educated people as well. It seems like Amartya Sen’s theory of ‘human identity’ doesn’t fit on Muslims. I am amused to see that people think that a Muslim is only a Muslim can’t be Guajarati, feminist, vegetarian and most importantly a patriotic Indian.

The height of intentional ignorance was, once in an interfaith programme, I met a lady-principal and a young director of two well-known private schools respectively. After discussing urban slums and Bangladesh, Lady Principal asked me what I want to become. I laughed and replied, in 5th grade our teachers used to ask this. Now, I am what I am in front of you. But she insisted me to answer. As a joke, I said ‘youngest Prime Minister of India’. She unexpectedly asked, ‘why India?’ Smile disappears from my face but I managed to ask, ‘Well, I am an Indian and in which country do you think I am eligible to be a PM?’. She said ‘any country, there are so many countries for you guys’. I politely asked her ‘so many countries such as…?’ She shamelessly answered, ‘there are neighboring countries you know…’ Our conversation was terminated due to the commencement of the meeting. In the end the director said ‘we hope that you didn’t mind anything’. I replied, ‘no, not at all, it was my pleasure to talk to you’. The lady chipped in “She just told me that she is an Indian. Come on, she would not mind.” Till now, I thank them for accepting me as an Indian.

Last year, I got a chance to visit Pakistan. I was more thrilled to cross the Wagah border than visiting Lahore or Karachi. Shortly, I discovered being an Indian Muslim is more exciting (if you know Pakistan’s politics), risky (if you can’t prove that Indian Muslims are proud to be Indian) and dangerous (if you associate Pakistan with Israel and the legitimacy of their state).

Several Pakistani friends questioned me ‘what do you think about partition?’ I replied, ‘For me, it was blessing, because I don’t want my country to be a battleground’. Later I encountered with many queries and questions such as, master mind of Gujarat’s riot is still free, is this not a biasness of the Indian state? You are being treated as secondary citizen, do not you feel frustrated? As a Muslim, don’t you want to live in Pakistan? so on and so forth. I tried to answer them smartly, posed shrewd questions and sometimes left them unanswerable. I was astonished to notice that Pakistanis think that they got freedom from India, instead of British.

You must be thinking, why I am sharing my personal encounters? It is just to inform that absurd minds exist both sides of the border and to bring your attention towards the Indian Muslims — a community which wants to be accepted and belonged to its motherland. Not being accepted generates frustration among young Muslims. Fake encounters proves, state intentionally tag Muslim youths as a potential threat for the country. It creates stereotyping and hatred among fellow Indians. No one can understand how tough it is to defend your country in front of other, especially if you are labeled as traitors and your people accuse that you belong to ‘others’. However, the truth is those ‘others’ look at you as lesser Muslim since you choose to live with non-Muslims.

Both the group ignores the fact that Indian Muslims such as Maulana Azad and his followers stayed in India during toughest days. It proves their indisputable loyalty to their country. As far as issue of being lesser Muslim is concerned, I believe Indian Muslims are more (not sure whether better) Muslim as they live the way Prophet Mohammed lived with people of different religions.

I sympathies with Shahrukh Khan, many Indian Muslims goes through this. If an Indian Muslim criticizes Indian policies/government/system, why Pakistan believes that they don’t want to live in India? And why some radical Hindus treat it as unpatriotic instead of acknowledging the problem. Why doesn’t both understand that Indian Muslims also want their country to be safe and better place to live? They too have a right to state their grievances and even a responsibility to do healthy criticism.

Indian political leaders slammed Rehman Mallik for his unnecessary comment over Shahrukh Khan’s article. Certainly Mallik need soul searching however if Indian majority thinks that Muslims are playing perpetual victims without any reason, then they also should do self reflection. I empathise with Pakistani minorities as we share same grievances and status. Day by day space is shrinking for religious minorities in both the countries conversely they are busy in the blame game.

First of all i condemn any kind of harassment by the idiot person...This is wrong....
The blog written by the author is nothing different than the scores of the article written by some of the Muslim scholars and Shahrukh Khan said recently....I will just say one word.....As long as Muslims could not priotize whether they are Indian first or Muslim first till that point they will remain confused....And unfortunately...Pakistan being created a religious state for Muslims and being a primary enemy of India will not help either to resolve the situation.... Because if Muslims in India think religion is primary identification then of course i would ask the next question then why donot you accept Pakistan at the time of partition....Do not think that i am being rude...But this is a question even any person will ask......

So India and its Muslim population will be in this kind of state of confusion till they get the answer to themselves....And till that points of GOV should make sure that the bigots who are unfortunately some Hindu people,should take strict action against them...

Jinnah wanted two countries called Hindustan and Pakistan because he believed both are successor states of India but Congress believed Pakistan is separating from India. So, your present views are conflicting to the views of founder of Pakistan.

By the way, India came from the name of Indus river(Greek: Indios) not Sindh we still have Indus in our land.

Pakistan never get separated from india. Your congress was fool to beleive that. So my views are not conflicting with Sir Jinnah(R.A).

Indu s S was the first letter of the word Indus(correct form being Sindu). Sindh was known as Sindu all the names like Hindu, Hindustan, Indus, india, Sindh are derived from it. Also River Indus flows from China into Kashmir(indian Occupied Kashmir) & then almost 85% of it in Pakistan. BTW you are classic example that you hate your country's original name bharat also in your holy book.

I can bet majority of young indians today won't even know what is that 'bharat' thingy.:lol:
Every Indian kid know Bharat and how it originated from the name of legendary king Bharata. In whole world I have seen only Pakistanis making the full use of the word Hindustan for us, most weird thing is Pakistanis called Bharat as Baharat.

Pakistan never get separated from india. Your congress was fool to beleive that. So my views are not conflicting with Sir Jinnah(R.A).

Indu s S was the first letter of the word Indus(correct form being Sindu). Sindh was known as Sindu all the names like Hindu, Hindustan, Indus, india, Sindh are derived from it. Also River Indus flows from China into Kashmir(indian Occupied Kashmir) & then almost 85% of it in Pakistan. BTW you are classic example that you hate your country's original name bharat also in your holy book.

It is India that keeps changing its cities' names to reflect ancient indian heritage while pakistan is stuck with gems like Abott abad and whatnot. Pakistanis take pride in their brtish heritage I guess.

Dude its Sindhu not Sindu, the river has a great role in our culture, many Hindu girls still take the name Sindhu. India is just an English name and represent our history. Whatever you believe about Indian share of Indus, I don't care. :rofl:

It is India that keeps changing its cities' names to reflect ancient indian heritage while pakistan is stuck with gems like Abott abad and whatnot. Pakistanis take pride in their brtish heritage I guess.

Funny that they change Bombay to Mumbai on threats of some exteremist but never get their original name for their country.

P.S Stay on topic now please.

Funny that they change Bombay to Mumbai on threats of some exteremist but never get their original name for their country.

P.S Stay on topic now please.

India's official name in Hindi is Bharat Ganarajya. So, pls clear your doubts. India is only used in English.

Back
Top Bottom