What's new

Can Pakistan Remain Neutral in the Saudi-Iran Rivalry?

First of all , we have to take care of our own interests , 3 million Pakistanis in GCC and if GCC go we will go with it auto without any war and if Iran go (which I really don't want) we will lose nothing ..............
All other facts and figures on side , This alliance is against terrorists and if Iran does not support them then they will join if not that will prove Iran's Intensions.
Assad from Syria and his religion was not Islamic ?(they were non Muslim) until 1980s from beginning but mullas made them Shias .............. Rest is history.

Iran shouldn't be concerned about this coalition as Pakistan have stated that its not against any country. Do we object Iran having good relations with India?? than why Iran is having a problem about it? I don't know exactly but I hope Gen Raheel will try to bring Iran in this coalition.

1.S Arabia is ruled by oil royals. But for the money they have, Pakistanis wouldn't find them interesting to consort. Holy Kaba and Madina Munwara belongs to all Muslims. Iran is an immediate neighbor. Pakistan had SEATO, Baghdad Pact/CENTO/RCD ties with her. With awareness and education, people are gradually realizing Shia-Sunni division is political. Anyway, Pakistan needs to tread carefully here - although being neutral is quite difficult. Here I might quote Suhrowardy, perhaps the best PM Pakistan had, " Two plus two is zero". That's how he described the Arabs in the 50's and 60's.
2. Years back I had taught Imperial Iranian and some Arab military officers in Pakistan. I had found the Iranians focused on the profession and extremely patriotic.

In the long run Iran with its human resources will develop much faster than the gulf countries. We should keep a balance and no zero sum game. Friendship with all.

It's quite amazing what Iran has been able to accomplish under threat of war and sanctions of almost 40 years and ongoing and how little the Gulf Arabs have accomplished (with respect to geo-political goals) in the same time period with no sanctions/war along with US/Western aid, oil profits and weapons. Iran sent a monkey to space, if they are to be believed and yet the Gulf Arabs continue to be ruled by monkeys.

Not to mention their insecurities about women driving because 'they will leave them', which is also highly amusing.

Last edited:
How can pakistan be considered as neutral when its ex-army chief heads it? He would obviously know about irans secret & weakness giving a vital edge over it.
Exactily the way india trying to be neutral between Moscow and Washington.
Pakistan is doing the same way.
Pakistan wants to keep it balancing peace in region when indian design is to destable afghan and Pak.

both NATO and "muslim" NATO are terrorist organizations. they both are there to help zionists achieving their goals.

Why should our COAS visit Iran??? They have reservations they should come to Pakistan and talk about it. aukat kya hai in Iranio ki?
they shot down US drone and we get bombed regularly by US drones. this is the aukat of iran.

Okaad? Tumhare desh ka national anthem iranian parsi me likha he.
pehli baat Parsi nahi Farsi hota hai aur doosri ye k pehle k Iran mai aur aj k Iran mai zameen aasman ka fark hai.

both NATO and "muslim" NATO are terrorist organizations. they both are there to help zionists achieving their goals.

they shot down US drone and we get bombed regularly by US drones. this is the aukat of iran.

Where is your tin foil hat?

I see no US action against North Korea too. That country must be very civilized and a beacon of human rights just like Iran. By the way North Korea also condemned US attack on Syrian air base. Now the list of all the rightful countries condemning the attack is complete. Rest of the world is controlled by Zionists. Hamari aukat hi kya Iran aur North Korea k samne?

Neutrality never brings strength, no one stands with neutral people in their time of need.

Neutrals are lonely and isolated people, they have no opinion, no ground and no standing on any issues, they don't differentiate between right and wrong.

Always find a person/group/country that has the same values and sees eye to eye on major international/political/religious and moral issues and form a strong bond with them. Stand with them shoulder to shoulder in their times of need and you'll have an army of dependable people/groups/countries standing with you shoulder to shoulder in your time of need.

The question should be Can Iranians and their supporters keep their mouths shut when Muslims are making the very first Islamic countries alliance to fight terrorism? Azal se munafiqat aur ghaddari hai inke khoon mai i wish I could punch all of your faces for making this a sectarian issue. Shuru se randi ronay nahi muktay tum logon k.

So why is Iran not part of coalition if you call this coalition 'Islamic'?

Question is not what sect you belong and ideologically which country you favor. The problem is Iran Saudi rivlary is sectarian in nature and Islam is being used for geopolitics by both countries. Should Pakistan have any part to play in this regional geopolitics? The answer should be 'no'.

If Iran is bad and has abused religion, which it has, Saudi Arabia is no angel. Saudi Arabia's contribution to Islamic extremism is very visible and clear. If promotion of their unique ideology hasnt created terrorists, it has definitely created right wingers and extremists. Actually both Iran and Saudi Arabia are to blame for current extremism in Muslim world. Not solely them but in a large part they are responsible.

I remember how Pakistan became an open battle field of sectarianism in 80s and 90s. Then Iran along with Saudi Arabia were promoting their sectarian terrorists in Pakistan. Sectarian terrorism peaked then and only subsided when couple of high profile Sunni terrorists were killed in Musharraf era.

I m fearing return of those days in Pakistan and I hope I m proved wrong.

Pakistan is usually in Saudi Arabia's sphere of influence.

As long as Iran has bad influences with the west, I doubt Pakistan would choose Iran over Saudi Arabia.
I'm not trying to offend anyone, but just stating the on ground realities.

Help and aid both. The Saudis and Iranians are brothers to Pakistan.
But Iran is an enemy of USA, the world's superpower, is it wise to be Iran's friend?
Let's be reasonable here.

It should be.
But this won't happen.
Only real tough leader dare to make wise decisions.

Back
Top Bottom