What's new

Can Pakistan develop like India?

lolzzz i like your DP name :sarcastic:
ruk-ja-pehle-like-kar-lene-de.jpg

Pakistan has lost too much ground in last three to two decades to catch up with India. Pakistani security, macroeconomic factors, political system are vulnerable. It may take decades for Pakistan to even have a stable environment to have a base for sustainable economic growth.
Stupid Indian Pakistan growth rate is 4.1%

Pakistan has all the potential to develop like India owing to it's geography, scenic beauty,
young population, natural resources et ceters. The problem lies in Energy Crisis,
Poor Law and Order, Inefficient Judiciary, Extremism, Illiteracy among others.
Pakistan seriously needs to reconsider it's policies. Alone China can't help Pakistan
out of this mess. It has to be a collective effort.

Stupid Indian Pakistan growth rate is 4.1%

It is simple math. If Pakistan is growing at 4.1% and India growing at 7.3%, can Pakistan overtake India? Also consider that in the last two decades India beat Pakistan in growth rates by considerable margins. So India has also the advantage of higher base.

Pakistan has all the potential to develop like India owing to it's geography, scenic beauty,
young population, natural resources et ceters. The problem lies in Energy Crisis,
Poor Law and Order, Inefficient Judiciary, Extremism, Illiteracy among others.
Pakistan seriously needs to reconsider it's policies. Alone China can't help Pakistan
out of this mess. It has to be a collective effort.
Pakistan,s murder rate is 6.4 per 100,000 just for comparison its 20 for brazil

It is simple math. If Pakistan is growing at 4.1% and India growing at 7.3%, can Pakistan overtake India? Also consider that in the last two decades India beat Pakistan in growth rates by considerable margins. So India has also the advantage of higher base.
Its going to increase to 5-6% by 2017

Illiteracy
Its a very localized Problem in Pakistan Pakistan,s education score heat map

Pakistan,s murder rate is 6.4 per 100,000 just for comparison its 20 for brazil

Its going to increase to 5-6% by 2017

As far as I know all the forecasts by IMF and World bank and other banks have much better future macroeconomic factors for India than on Pakistan.

Pakistani politicians are the mother of corruptions! Hating USA is a complicated game...

islamabad-pic-10.jpg

7-star-Hotel-Centaurus-Islamabad-750x468.jpg

Islamabad-The-Capital-of-Pakistan-Islamabad-City-HD-Wallpapers-And-Picture-For-Mobile-4.jpg

faisal-mosque-islamabad-51.jpg

Blue-Area-Islamabad.jpg

Beautiful%2BWallpapers%2Bof%2BIslamabad%2BPakistan%2B%2528179%2529.jpg

islamabad-pic-20.jpg

Beautiful%2BWallpapers%2Bof%2BIslamabad%2BPakistan%2B%252890%2529.jpg

Both cities are beautiful...one can not be compared to another...

Lol your second picture is a render which the hotel render not build yet.If i am start posting renders of delhi,bangalore then it comes 1000's.

Do you know that Delhi is one of the world'd largest vehicles population(Around 8.8 million,more than all your cities vehicles combined)?

Do you know that Delhi used to carry 2.4 million passengers/day on delhi metro(1/3rd of lahore population)?

Do you know that delhi is one of the biggest tourist destination?

Do you know that Indira Gandhi International Airport has been the world's best airport in he world for the year 2014, under the category of handling 25 to 40 million passengers per annum and handling capacity of 62 million passengers?

@Mad_Scientist

Last edited:
After asking the question "Any truth that India is a dirty country?" and "Is India a beautiful country." in my previous 2 threads, thanks to everyone who replied to my last two threads and you can keep replying to them.

The next question is "Can Pakistan develop like India?" I don't want any trolling but just honest answer's from everyone. We all know that Pakistan is a country based on religion, they have lost all 4 wars with India, they have poverty, health issues, education issues, the way they treat women is a disgrace. But can they change for the better?

Can they put aside their obsession with India and be honest with themselves instead of blaming everyone else? It seems to me as an outsider they like blaming MOSSAD, CIA, RAW etc but they don't like taking a good hard look at themselves.

The conspiracy theories that the citizens of Pakistan seem to believe even if it's outrageous they will believe it, so why can't Pakistan develop like India? India has problems as well, but at least they are trying, why can't Pakistan? What is holding Pakistan back?

If this thread was opened by pakistani poster with considerable rep(as you included INDIA of all countries) in this Forum ,it would have brought a significantly better discussion from the people who know the ground situation better than people from outside. Also this psychologically makes them feeling caged and less likely to participate in a logical debate.

However i feel these are some things which may help them develop better(Outsiders perspective).

Accountability
I think that pakistani have to choose what they actually want in terms of governance . Some of them prefer democracy ,others prefer the army rule them(Currently in this forum many are inclined towards the army IMO).
Currently the situation of governance seems to be some sort of hybrid of Civil/Military .This is bad because any failures of the government can be attributed to interference ,Politicians saying due to army we could not do some things ,The army saying it is due to this corrupt politicians we failed.

Lets take the example of the current operation of against terrorists. The current narrative is Pak Army is winnning but still there are suicide bombings occuring frequently , So who is accountable in this case ? Is it the civilian government or Pak army ? Can the COAS be made to resign or be held accountable for this ? if so by whom ? There are people who will take the side of the army and some the civilian government.

Transparency:
The army expenses in pakistan are never made public(specific details) ,It is usually a blank cheque .I do not say pakistan should not be spending so much money on defence/security But if it is transparent to the public it will helping further analysis of the problems faced by the army . The civilian government has the budget to show how much is being spent and on what ? But not the army.

Reg Religion:
Either they can separate religion from state policies or reinforce the religion with a positive narrative

The flight of both Chinese and Indian economies was triggered by liberalization policies. Infact Indian growth of past 25 years is only the poor man's version of Chinese growth of past 30 years. Pakistan for its part will not be having any growth or development which can be called a poor man's version of even Indian growth because Pakistan is nowhere near liberating its economy. They don't even know what it is. Anything that weakens the central government is blasphemy anyway. So yea no development for Pakistan on the horizon.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom