What's new

Can Iran develop a hypersonic weapon?

I agree, there is no shame in being less good than the leader of missiles... Especially considering Russia spends magnitudes more on missiles than Iran's entire military budget. Russia is years ahead of even the U.S. with hypersonic tech.

Hypersonic missiles is not realistic for Iran in the next decade at all, but there are other feasible options for Iran that have been mentioned in this thread.
It would depend how you did it,for instance scramjets would take years of research and a lot of money.However one possible option would be to try and develop an air launched variant of the fateh 110 that could be launched from a modified f14 at high altitude at around mach 1.5 to mach 2 from the launch aircraft,then you would have a missile that would just be capable of low hypersonic speeds of around mach 5-5.5.

You got that wrong they fired couple of missiles at Syria so they are down to 17~18 some expert sources say even 16 at this moment.
:sarcastic::enjoy:

Last edited:
I think its time to develop Fateh-110 that is launched by F-14-----range extends several time

guys am i wrong or what? fakour/phoenix is hypersonic right??
if yes then we can develop a hypersonic airborne missile. also as i remember during ceremony of unveiling the fakour they said they are gonna make an anti radar variant too.

guys am i wrong or what? fakour/phoenix is hypersonic right??
if yes then we can develop a hypersonic airborne missile. also as i remember during ceremony of unveiling the fakour they said they are gonna make an anti radar variant too.

some say up to mach 5 is supersonic and above that its hypersonic but others say from mach 1 to mach 7 is supersonic and after that its hypersonic.

Iran has hypersonic wind tunnel
Sayyad 4 can be turned into hypersonic air launched missile
There is an old news. The first time I heard this, it was by Rand think tank about its report of hypersonic weapons. In 2016 they seem to think that in less than ten years, Iran or North Korea will get hypersonic weapons. If this tunnel was designed around 2000's ready around early 2010, and announced at 2014, it means Iran does have now a more sophisticated tunnel, maybe around mach 10 ? Mach 12 ? Americans are nearly sure that Iran and NK will have hypersonic weapons next:
Lt. Gen. Samuel Greaves, the director of the Missile Defense Agency, testified to the Senate Appropriations Defense Subcommittee. ...about the risk that China and Russia’s hypersonic missile technology will be proliferated to countries like North Korea and Iran.
I assess that risk as extremely high,...I don’t see what will prevent it from happening....
https://nationalinterest.org/blog/b...d-iran-could-acquire-hypersonic-weapons-40057

Can Iran develop a hypersonic missile?

What is you opinion on this issue. Are hypersonic missiles within Iranian technological capabilitites ?
Iran can not only develop but they can deploy hypersonic weapons in a short future. For several reasons. The most reason is the close ally North Korea has, thus Iran will have these weapons in a short time, and they can produce them.
Moreover US don't have too much illusions, their Generals are all agree and among them the Gen Grooves assessed it is near impossible that Iran will not get hypersonic weapons. Let's add in a very short delay.

Last edited:
There is an old news. The first time I heard this, it was by Rand think tank about its report of hypersonic weapons. In 2016 they seem to think that in less than ten years, Iran or North Korea will get hypersonic weapons. If this tunnel was designed around 2000's ready around early 2010, and announced at 2014, it means Iran does have now a more sophisticated tunnel, maybe around mach 10 ? Mach 12 ? Americans are nearly sure that Iran and NK will have hypersonic weapons next:
Lt. Gen. Samuel Greaves, the director of the Missile Defense Agency, testified to the Senate Appropriations Defense Subcommittee. ...about the risk that China and Russia’s hypersonic missile technology will be proliferated to countries like North Korea and Iran.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/b...d-iran-could-acquire-hypersonic-weapons-40057
I think all ready Iran poses hypersonic weapons. So many times Iranian President threatened US , don't do a mistake, enemy don't know what Iran has .
These statements indicate that Iran has some hidden cards . One of the cards may be a hypersonic one .

lol i m not a guru oh my god i am just saying judging from their current state they are not in a really good position to make a hypersonic missile
look sorry I was bit harsh on you.
west has a habit of putting everyone non white down and then non English.
Iran didn't have the ability to take over sophisticated American drones either. yet it did. who knows what they have. part of the game is misinformation

I think all ready Iran poses hypersonic weapons. So many times Iranian President threatened US , don't do a mistake, enemy don't know what Iran has .
These statements indicate that Iran has some hidden cards . One of the cards may be a hypersonic one .
Iam absolutely convinced too, that Iran poses hypersonic weapons, because its close ally -North Korea- does have. There are many agreements between the two allies.

Back
Top Bottom