What's new

Can India's PAD and AAD ABM systems effective against pakistans missiles?

Agni-2 has many superior technologies. OK, tell us one country whose missiles never failed during development, testing or trial? Failure is an integral part of development. Every time they failed, they came up with a better system.

Pakistan, their missiel test hardly ever fail, or may be i never read any news that their missile test ever had a failure.
thanks to future age pakistani technology they dont even test their missile much , and when they do it never fails. :P

The PAD and AAD are developed to intercept missiles with velocities upto 6km/s.

The two-tiered BMD System consists of the PAD, which will intercept missiles at exo-atmospheric altitudes of 50–80 km; and AAD Missile for interception at endoatmospheric altitudes of up to 30 km.Due to two successful interceptor missile tests carried out by India, the scientists have said that the AAD missile could be modified into a new extended range (up to 150km) surface-to-air missile that could be possibly named as ‘Ashvin.
In 2009, reports emerged of a new missile named the PDV. The PDV is said to be a two solid stage hypersonic anti-ballistic missile similar in class to the THAAD. The PDV is intended to replace the existing PAD in the PAD/AAD combination. It will have an IIR seeker for its kill vehicle as well. The PDV will replace the PAD with a far more capable missile and will complete the Phase 1 of the BMD system, allowing it to be operational by 2013. Whereupon Phase 2 development will take over for protection against missiles of the 5000 km class. The PDV is designed to take out the target missile at altitude above 150 kilometers.
Pakistan can fire 10 missiles at a target but can pakistan spare 10 nuclear warheads??????:usflag::usflag::usflag::hitwall:

Pakistan, their missiel test hardly ever fail, or may be i never read any news that their missile test ever had a failure.
thanks to future age pakistani technology they dont even test their missile much , and when they do it never fails. :P

dude everyone understood why I asked that question. no need to answer directly. :cheers: thats because he was talking only about India's failed tests.

PAD - AAD can fail to stop missiles as per the law of probability and physics, but its definitly better to have it than not to have.

Yes thats a huge psychological impact.

our inventory is more then urz ;) most of ur ballistic missiles are based on old tech :lol: our all missiles are operational while u guys are still evaluating them :smokin:

the thread is regarding india's PAD and AAD system and its effectiveness...which PART OF IT U DID NOT UNDERSTAND????

the trials r still in progress n we will start inducting them in our forces in 2012... and as far as inventory is concerned d guy asked u the sources dat says u have more missiles....NOT A ZAID HAMID THEORY...

Most Of the People In Here Think that AAD and PAD can Just get hold of any Hostile Missile approaching us..... Let me tell You Which I have been telling For a Long Time....

AAD and PAD if strategically Set, and if the Target Comes in its range and The Given altitude, The target cannot escape from AAD and PAD provided the target is Subsonic. These Interceptor Missiles are Hypersonic themselves But I doubt an Interception in the Given range With a Supersonic Missile is possible especially with a Missile Like Brahmos..... These ABM's Are getting tested to destroy targets 4000-5000 km's away, and India is developing A radar which can scan over 1000-1500 kms to intercept the target successfully....

AAD and PAD are world class Missiles, But they arent ready yet...

And There would Be NO PAD and AAD.... there would be a combination of both these missiles namely PDV

Every system has some drawbacks,and missile defence system is not an exception.It can't stop all the incoming ballistic missiles,but definitely stop some of them.
Atleast we can stop some pakistani missiles,in contrast they can't stop even a single indian missile.

They are afraid of this & also little bit jealous.That's why they are saying " theses grapes are sour ".:flame::flame:

guys we have to remember its not just Anti ballestic systems also AC and sams count against these systems PAs solution is to cover a nuke armed missle with decoys and conventional armed BM also these ABM sites r the prime targets for cruze missles for a minimum of 1000km inside indian terrotary along with sam and AA also if a fallout startts the prime consern ll be to fire all nukes before they r damaged or chane of command is destroyed protection against these BM ll be very hard but not impossible also to keep in count a tactical mid air nuke explosion ll also damage all electrical systems down on ground there are thousands of tactical methods which can be used frm bothsides but saying that any strike ll be reduced to 30%efficency is in accurate

Most Of the People In Here Think that AAD and PAD can Just get hold of any Hostile Missile approaching us..... Let me tell You Which I have been telling For a Long Time....

AAD and PAD if strategically Set, and if the Target Comes in its range and The Given altitude, The target cannot escape from AAD and PAD provided the target is Subsonic. These Interceptor Missiles are Hypersonic themselves But I doubt an Interception in the Given range With a Supersonic Missile is possible especially with a Missile Like Brahmos..... These ABM's Are getting tested to destroy targets 4000-5000 km's away, and India is developing A radar which can scan over 1000-1500 kms to intercept the target successfully....

AAD and PAD are world class Missiles, But they arent ready yet...

And There would Be NO PAD and AAD.... there would be a combination of both these missiles namely PDV

What ever you posted either already known or wrong.

First you have to know that PAD and AAD are anti-ballistic missiles not anti-cruise missile, so there is no point of bringing Brahmos type missiles here.

Second The targets intercepted by PAD and AAD are hypersonic usually because of extreme high speed of ballistic missile in its terminal and mid course.

Third they are not been tested to destroy target 4000 km away but 4000 km ranged missiles, for PDV. For PAD and AAD it is upto 2000 km.

Fourth
PDV is a solid fueled version of PAD with IIR seeker. It is not a combination of PAD and AAD.

What ever you posted either already known or wrong.

First you have to know that PAD and AAD are anti-ballistic missiles not anti-cruise missile, so there is no point of bringing Brahmos type missiles here.

Iam Sorry, But the General perception of people in here bring in that every missile system could be destroyed by PAD and AAD, I was just trying to prove that wrong..

Second The targets intercepted by PAD and AAD are hypersonic usually because of extreme high speed of ballistic missile in its terminal and mid course.

May I know which ballistic Missile travels hypersonic at Terminal and Mid course? I am really unaware of it, it would be great, if you could Enlighten me On that..

Third they are not been tested to destroy target 4000 km away but 4000 km ranged missiles, for PDV. For PAD and AAD it is upto 2000 km.

Oops I missied out the word Launched from there, so sorry, I said, Its been tested to Intercept Missiles Launched from 4000-5000 away...

PDV is a solid fueled version of PAD with IIR seeker. It is not a combination of PAD and AAD.

Oh God,What I meant was This missile can perform the Task Of both AAD and PAD Missile....

Iam sorry , I guess My posts have double meaning aswell.... Iam too old to come to Your generation, So I guess I must stop trying to post like Youths, Let this be a lesson for me...

guys we have to remember its not just Anti ballestic systems also AC and sams count against these systems PAs solution is to cover a nuke armed missle with decoys and conventional armed BM

For ACs we have Akash, SPYDER and future Barak-8 and SR-SAM.

When developing BMD they heavily considered these requirements needed to be a good ABM at current scenario. This was integral part of the development. The possible counter measures which the incoming ballistic missile may carry are...

1) Decoys, balloons, anti-simulator decoys, radar decoys.
2) Wide maneuvers in its terminal phases.

Dr. Saraswat (Project Director Missile Defence, current DRDO chief) talked about this in Aero India 2009 seminar on Indian missle development.

also these ABM sites r the prime targets for cruze missles for a minimum of 1000km inside indian terrotary along with sam and AA
also if a fallout startts the prime consern ll be to fire all nukes before they r damaged or chane of command is destroyed protection against these BM ll be very hard but not impossible also to keep in count a tactical mid air nuke explosion ll also damage all electrical systems down on ground there are thousands of tactical methods which can be used frm bothsides but saying that any strike ll be reduced to 30%efficency is in accurate

Thats why they are integrating all the systems radars (military, civilian and space based). The main advantage of 'No first use' policy is you can develop potential second strike capabilities, what India is doing.

They are not talking about one or two interceptors. India will deploy/launch four missiles for every Pakistani missile. According to Dr. Saraswat (Indian BMD programme chief) that will lead to 99.98% hit probability. Four missiles will try to destroy incoming ballistic missile at four different altitudes like 100 km+, ~50 km, ~25 km, ~15 km. If first one fails second one will take over, if second one fails third one will take over the job, if third one also fails than fourth one will do its job.

There is no surety of any BMD but this will certainly increase probability of hit! But its 100% correct that a BMD has huge psychological effects.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iam Sorry, But the General perception of people in here bring in that every missile system could be destroyed by PAD and AAD, I was just trying to prove that wrong..
Here we are talking about ABM so where does the cruise missile comes into the scenario?

May I know which ballistic Missile travels hypersonic at Terminal and Mid course? I am really unaware of it, it would be great, if you could Enlighten me On that..
That is very common knowledge. All most every ballistic missile fly hyper sonic in its terminal phases except very short ranged one. ICBM fly at a speed of Mach 25 in its terminal phase. Hypersonic means Mach 5.

Just for example, Agni-II has a speed of 5 to 6 km/s ie means ~ Mach 18.

Agni (missile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oops I missied out the word Launched from there, so sorry, I said, Its been tested to Intercept Missiles Launched from 4000-5000 away...

Its OK.

Oh God,What I meant was This missile can perform the Task Of both AAD and PAD Missile....

No. It can do the task of PAD but not AAD. Because PAD and PDV are both exo-atmospheric (outside air) missiles while AAD is a endo-atmospheric (inside air) missile.

Iam sorry , I guess My posts have double meaning aswell.... Iam too old to come to Your generation, So I guess I must stop trying to post like Youths, Let this be a lesson for me...
Cool down dude. Its OK. We all do mistakes. :cheers:

Here we are talking about ABM so where does the cruise missile comes into the scenario?

That is very common knowledge. All most every ballistic missile fly hyper sonic in its terminal phases except very short ranged one. ICBM fly at a speed of Mach 25 in its terminal phase. Hypersonic means Mach 5.

Just for example, Agni-II has a speed of 5 to 6 km/s ie means ~ Mach 18.

Agni (missile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Its OK.

No. It can do the task of PAD but not AAD. Because PAD and PDV are both exo-atmospheric (outside air) missiles while AAD is a endo-atmospheric (inside air) missile.

Cool down dude. Its OK. We all do mistakes. :cheers:

Thanks for correcting me Young man, I need to keep Updating myself...... Please follow me, and Do correct me where ever I am wrong, So that I can learn aswell.... But I still have doubt on PDV , Its compared to THAAD missile, When THAAD missile is both ENDO and Exo atmospheric , Wouldnt PDV be the same aswell, Or am I Wrong again? Iam so much Interested in knowing about missiles, if Only I would have done engineering I could have been in the strategic Missile Corp....

Thanks for correcting me Young man, I need to keep Updating myself...... Please follow me, and Do correct me where ever I am wrong, So that I can learn aswell.... But I still have doubt on PDV , Its compared to THAAD missile, When THAAD missile is both ENDO and Exo atmospheric , Wouldnt PDV be the same aswell, Or am I Wrong again? Iam so much Interested in knowing about missiles, if Only I would have done engineering I could have been in the strategic Missile Corp....

Sir, there are some differences between PDV and THAAD. PAD/PDV were not designed to intercept inside atmosphere.

Though THAAD can intercept endo-atm targets the main endo-atm missile is PAC-3 just like AAD. But one disadvantage of PAC-3 is its maximum altitude is half that of AAD. That means AAD can cover entire atm area but not PAC-3. Thats why they need THAAD to cover higher tier of endo-atm ie between 15 km to 30 km altitude.

For ACs we have Akash, SPYDER and future Barak-8 and SR-SAM.

When developing BMD they heavily considered these requirements needed to be a good ABM at current scenario. This was integral part of the development. The possible counter measures which the incoming ballistic missile may carry are...

1) Decoys, balloons, anti-simulator decoys, radar decoys.
2) Wide maneuvers in its terminal phases.

Dr. Saraswat (Project Director Missile Defence, current DRDO chief) talked about this in Aero India 2009 seminar on Indian missle development.

YouTube - India's Missile Programme: Past, present & future by Dr. V.K. Saraswat 02 of 03 [audio fixed]

Thats why they are integrating all the systems radars (military, civilian and space based). The main advantage of 'No first use' policy is you can develop potential second strike capabilities, what India is doing.

They are not talking about one or two interceptors. India will deploy/launch four missiles for every Pakistani missile. According to Dr. Saraswat (Indian BMD programme chief) that will lead to 99.98% hit probability. Four missiles will try to destroy incoming ballistic missile at four different altitudes like 100 km+, ~50 km, ~25 km, ~15 km. If first one fails second one will take over, if second one fails third one will take over the job, if third one also fails than fourth one will do its job.

There is no surety of any BMD but this will certainly increase probability of hit! But its 100% correct that a BMD has huge psychological effects.

I was not talking abt countering ACwith sam iw saying it can be used to intercept missles also its gud to have ABMS but calling it near 1005 effective against all missles is wrong no one in the world can achieve 100% defence until a electro force field dome is cerated and that is styll a century away so yes it have a 100%physological effect but it will never be 100% effective

I was not talking abt countering ACwith sam iw saying it can be used to intercept missles also its gud to have ABMS but calling it near 1005 effective against all missles is wrong no one in the world can achieve 100% defence until a electro force field dome is cerated and that is styll a century away so yes it have a 100%physological effect but it will never be 100% effective

He is not saying it is 100% effective but we are employing four missiles for every target ballistic. Probably two PDVs, two AADs. This will certainly increase the probability of hitting the target.

Missile defence is good but I think it has more psychological potential than real war.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom