What's new

Can India and Pakistan ever make it to football world?

Hmm... Probably why India is the worst sporting nation on earth given it's size and population and will remain so with such mentality ??

event is happening in our country so we are happy...and our team is participating....it will surely help our football team and may change the mindset of people.....what is it with mentality.....typical troll response......

event is happening in our country so we are happy..what is it with mentality.....typical troll response......

Not really.. The thread is about India or Pakistan Qualifying to play in a WC and their sporting achievements in general.. If you're merely announcing the U17 football WC venue you're in the wrong thread.. Who are you kidding ?

Not really.. The thread is about India or Pakistan Qualifying to play in a WC and their sporting achievements in general.. If you're merely announcing the U17 football WC venue you're in the wrong thread.. Who are you kidding ?
ohhhh ...read the thread once again............we are talking about can we be in first 50 nation......and 2017 world cup fifa may be a booster for indian football , may be first step to that long path ....so very much related and i am happy for that...

ohhhh ...read the thread once again............we are talking about can we be in first 50 nation......and 2017 world cup fifa may be a booster for indian football , may be first step to that long path ....so very much related and i am happy for that...

happy to be the bottom feeder ?
celebrating mediocrity seems to be an indian trait

Well i'll be happy for you if it does.. A boost for Indian football that is, highly debatable at the likelihood of getting thrashed by those actually qualified by merit

So yeah.. Not a great reason to be overly enthusiastic about mediocrity is it ?

Shit Lanka has only ever won two medals at the Olympics LOL

@WebMaster ,@Oscar, @Aeronaut .. Look who's back from the ban

Well i'll be happy for you if it does.. A boost for Indian football that is, highly debatable at the likelihood of getting thrashed by those actually qualified by merit

So yeah.. Not a great reason to be overly enthusiastic about mediocrity is it ?
so should we not play due to fear....???? we will one day surely qualify as well........

With the Indian Middle class increasing in size all sports should see a rise in interest/participation- football, athletics, motorsports etc. India is so large there is easily enough room for India to excel in a number of sports not just cricket and for them to be sustained by the private sector once the domestic demand is high enough. AFAIK there is some sort of IPL like soccer league being started in India, a few Indian youngsters have been signed for international football academies like Manchester united's but these things will take time to develop on their own- look at China, they have some pretty large football teams who can afford some pretty well known international football teams however they have no presence when it comes to their national football team.

The govt does have a role in creating a national infrastructure for young talent to rise up for Olympic and Commonwealth events however.

Another 10-15 years for India maybe.

Wait till that day to celebrate .. Thats what real sporting nations do
i am celebrating that FIFA is in india and our team is playing doesn't matter how much weak we are.......and i will support india for win........tomorrow surely even though in not my life time.....our team would be playing fifa in some other country.

hell yeah bro, out of 1.3 billion people we can surely find some good players lol.
let our economies get better then just watch what happens , we got lots of great athletes..
Even now there is a good chance. Just that the authorities have to encourage the sport of football and hockey.

Even now there is a good chance. Just that the authorities have to encourage the sport of football and hockey.
just look at how good pakistan was in hockey at one time, i guess urbanization is the biggest problem for our sports because our best athletes come from the small towns who grew up doing real work… we getting lazy in the cities, my dads generation was the best generation for pakistan, my dad was a kabbadi player , my uncle was a boxer , my other uncle was a wrestler and now in my generation me and all my cousins we do nothing but cricket and school.

If India or Pakistan qualify in another 40 years then it will truly be a miracle.

TBH, India does have very promising footballers in under 16-17 bracket. Until their parents kicks their butt to concentrate on doing something that'll earn their bread, like studies.

I had a class mate, he was qualified for a training camp in Spain when we were in class 10, but his parents couldn't afford it. Then he joined SAI and now is a clerk in SBI bank.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom