What's new

Can India and Pakistan ever make it to football world?

Yaya Toure would bulldoze every Indian player. No chance.

Little fat men like Sachin Tendulkar can't play football.

our nations are more involved in cricket .. hai koi EU country jo Cricket mai harae humain ... :D
its my personal opinion i think EU will not let any Asian country to win Fifa world cup ever ..

Ireland ... England ... :| vs Pakistan

TBH, India does have very promising footballers in under 16-17 bracket. Until their parents kicks their butt to concentrate on doing something that'll earn their bread, like studies.

I had a class mate, he was qualified for a training camp in Spain when we were in class 10, but his parents couldn't afford it. Then he joined SAI and now is a clerk in SBI bank.

We have that talent at youth system too. Specially in Karachi's Liyari neighbourhood and in Baluchistan where football is more popular then Cricket. Problem is Pakistan's league system is dominated by Army, Navy, KESC and WAPDA. These are all large groups and organisations. What Pakistan need is a strong local club based system supported and sponsored by private investors.

I think both India and Pakistan could use its over seas talent too. I know Pakistan all ready did in some matches and we had good results like shocking 0-0 draw with Iraq few years ago. We have had Zeeshan Rehman captain Pakistan, he was the first Asian player to play for Premier League club. Maybe half over seas and half local players could play together, it will give a lot of experience to the local players on how to play like European teams.

I know many Indians and Pakistanis are playing in local clubs here in the UK. They never get to national level unfortunately due to racism and pressure from parents to study instead of play football. That talent could be used in India and Pakistan.

All of this seems difficult because PFF is run by idiots and bureaucrats with no background in football.

We have that talent at youth system too. Specially in Karachi's Liyari neighbourhood and in Baluchistan where football is more popular then Cricket. Problem is Pakistan's league system is dominated by Army, Navy, KESC and WAPDA. These are all large groups and organisations. What Pakistan need is a strong local club based system supported and sponsored by private investors.

I think both India and Pakistan could use its over seas talent too. I know Pakistan all ready did in some matches and we had good results like shocking 0-0 draw with Iraq few years ago. We have had Zeeshan Rehman captain Pakistan, he was the first Asian player to play for Premier League club. Maybe half over seas and half local players could play together, it will give a lot of experience to the local players on how to play like European teams.

I know many Indians and Pakistanis are playing in local clubs here in the UK. They never get to national level unfortunately due to racism and pressure from parents to study instead of play football. That talent could be used in India and Pakistan.

All of this seems difficult because PFF is run by idiots and bureaucrats with no background in football.

Is there a deep rooted football culture in Pakistan as in the case of Europe and South America and in places like Goa, Kerala and West Bengal in India ? The reason i ask is without grass root development no sport can thrive, For example in SL football never took root where else Cricket and Rugby did, Thats why SL does relatively well in global stage in those two sports despite having a much smaller population and much less resources..

Harnessing talent from expats may bring you short term success but without ground level development and support it will be short lived

Is there a deep rooted football culture in Pakistan as in the case of Europe and South America

There is a strong culture of football in areas of port city of Karachi and in parts of province of Baluchistan. English premier league is followed closely. Brazil, Argentina and Italy are among the most favoured teams in some part of Pakistan.

Btw during 1950s and right upto 70s we had a decent football team. Had we built on that success I am 100% sure Pakistan could have made it to at least one World Cup.

There is a strong culture of football in areas of port city of Karachi and in parts of province of Baluchistan. English premier league is followed closely. Brazil, Argentina and Italy are among the most favoured teams in some part of Pakistan.

Btw during 1950s and right upto 70s we had a decent football team. Had we built on that success I am 100% sure Pakistan could have made it to at least one World Cup.

Thanks for the info.. I have very little knowledge of Pak sport except for Cricket and Squash

But about EPL.. Now thats a global phenomenon of the information age mate.. Where there is a global audience for big leagues in Europe and South America.. EPL is followed around the globe but that does'nt necessarily amount the ground support for the sport nor it's development locally same goes for F1

Dhanda inspires U18s to victory
17th Jul 2014 - Latest News

4357__1737__yann_dhanda_1000_x_600_517X310.jpg

Yan Dhanda was on the mark as Liverpool U18s started their pre-season with a 2-0 win over Shrewsbury Town on Thursday afternoon.

Neil Critchley fielded two different XIs in both halves as the Reds produced an impressive display in the sweltering Kirkby conditions.

Both goals came in the first half with a trialist also on the scoresheet.

Indian youngster Dhanda, who made his U18s now last season against Tottenham, played in the first half and took his goal really well.

Reflecting on the contest, Critchley told Liverpoolfc.com: "We played an 80 minute match so it gave me a chance to play two different teams.

"We introduced some of the youngsters to the U18s group and fielded a few trialists, so it was good to have a look at everybody.

"It was good for the players to get game time in and I am delighted."

The Academy now set off for Holland on Friday as the U17 and U19 group play two matches on their two week tour against Club Brugges and Schalke.

Dhanda inspires U18s to victory - Liverpool FC

This guy is on record saying he wants to represent India but our AIFF has not taken any steps. till now.

I don't know about Pakistan,but I am pretty confident that India will make it to World Cup level in 10-20 yrs if we are able to replicate the success of IPL in football.

Pakistani football team is recruiting Pakistani players abroad like in UK.

There is a lot of talented young footballers in Karachi(Liyari), coastal areas of Baluchistan, Quetta and some areas of KPK but for some reasons their talent is being ignored.

Pakistan which makes footballs should have qualified, although nowadays seeing in Lahore most grounds are now turning into football playing fields, younger generation seems more attracted to football than ever.

Why hockey is not as popular as football when they have similarities..its more fun to play with sticks then legs ..if our countries can play field hockey then they can play football as well but its not popular in asia as much as its in european countries and latina America. English gave us craze of cricket but they picked football as favourite support for themselves. You see only old english watch test matches in cricket stadium while youth is crazy about football.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom