What's new

Can India and Pakistan ever make it to football world?

Why hockey is not as popular as football when they have similarities..its more fun to play with sticks then legs ..if our countries can play field hockey then they can play football as well but its not popular in asia as much as its in european countries and latina America. English gave us craze of cricket but they picked football as favourite support for themselves. You see only old english watch test matches in cricket stadium while youth is crazy about football.
Its a simple question of equipments. Hockey means more equipment, Football? Well get the ball, your feet and shoes and you are all set.

BTW, Football has a blue collar image in West. And west loves blue collar, so long its not their job.

Why would anyone club India and Pakistan together in sports that require athleticism? FIFA ranking of PAK is 201 and India 97. We are simply more athletic. We need a separate thread for both countries.

There is a strong culture of football in areas of port city of Karachi and in parts of province of Baluchistan. English premier league is followed closely. Brazil, Argentina and Italy are among the most favoured teams in some part of Pakistan.

Btw during 1950s and right upto 70s we had a decent football team. Had we built on that success I am 100% sure Pakistan could have made it to at least one World Cup.
If you are 100% sure then it's ok.
Pakistan ATM is in the last 5 Nations in FIFA ranking. Afghanistan is at 175 , pakistan at 201. Think about it .
India with 1.3 b ppl has never qualified but with the number of qualifying teams increased , I dread the quality of games in the next world cup.
But don't worry , China with their billions of dollars invested still can't make it to the FIFA world cup.
While nations with a population of 4 m have qualified.
Best you guys stay in the fantasy world of PDF , where pakistan is the bestest country in the world , fighting the forces of evil USA, India, Israel...

Pakistan ATM is in the last 5 Nations in FIFA ranking. Afghanistan is at 175 , pakistan at 201. Think about it .
India with 1.3 b ppl has never qualified but with the number of qualifying teams increased , I dread the quality of games in the next world cup.
But don't worry , China with their billions of dollars invested still can't make it to the FIFA world cup.
Best you guys stay in the fantasy world of PDF , where pakistan is the bestest country in the world , fighting the forces of evil USA, India, Israel...
Its not economy and population which make great football team. Its your intrest and passion for this sport which matter and this interest and passion for football is lacking in Pakistsn . I dont see kids playing football on streets of Pakistan as they do play cricket . Situtation is same in schools or colleges. You cannot force people to like and play football when they have no craze about it .

It comes down to dedicated 20-30 folks to grind their feets enough to qualify.
Its not a money intensive thing, its not even people intensive thing. Go to any junior high in Punjab --India or Pakistan-- and you will find 30-40 such kids. Grind them enough for 4-5 years and you have a great team. Play in state level leagues, inter college leagues, national level leagues and finally your national team. I think it is very much doable, just needs a little bit of will.

Its a simple question of equipments. Hockey means more equipment, Football? Well get the ball, your feet and shoes and you are all set.

BTW, Football has a blue collar image in West. And west loves blue collar, so long its not their job.
I know but western countries can afford these equipment. I think equipment is not issues but lack of interest otherwise its very interesting to watch field hockey matches ..its fast game as compare to football

Its not economy and population which make great football team. Its your intrest and passion for this sport which matter and this interest and passion for football is lacking in Pakistsn . I dont see kids playing football on streets of Pakistan as they do play cricket . Situtation is same in schools or colleges. You cannot force people to like and play football when they have no craze about it .
Agree. African teams are a good example.
And genetics.

It requires funding at grass roots and a successful league. I cannot understand why Pakistan to this day do not have a successful football league that is turning a profit.

Create a proper league, build stadiums, get a fan base, get tv revenue. Train up coaches from u11s to senior teams and qualify for a world cup.

Pakistan has the capability. Tall defenders from KPK, skill full dribblers from Sindh, midfielder maestros from Balochistan and strikers from Punjab with pace.

On this topic we two nations are on the same side. Can we ever produce footballers to be on top 50 countries ever? I mean in our life time, say in 50 years?

Or is it something that has to do with Genetics, tradition, culture etc.?

@levina @gslv mk3 @gslv @JD_In @rockstar08 @nair @Ravi Nair @Indischer @HariPrasad @JonAsad @Spring Onion @Jaanbaz @Jazzbot @Tshering22 @Sidak and other Pakistani and Indian members. Time to ponder!!
Nope, never as long as we have cricket i don't see any chance of Football

minimum age to join this age should be atleast 15 years

Who the **** are you? Stop quoting me Indian.

This is not a question of money. Some of the best players in the world are nurtured in the slums of Brazil. All they need is ball and game is on. Even without shoes. But Pakistani culture is too lazy and young avoid physical exertion. Instead opt for the lazy game of cricket ....

This is not a question of money. Some of the best players in the world are nurtured in the slums of Brazil. All they need is ball and game is on. Even without shoes. But Pakistani culture is too lazy and young avoid physical exertion. Instead opt for the lazy game of cricket ....
Brazilian slums are not really slums of the subcontinent type. They are just low income areas , with a rundown look.

Back
Top Bottom