What's new

Can China legally prevent Japan of using Kanji in their culture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiss_of_the_Dragon

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
This been long time the question I would like to ask to all Chinese Brothers and Sisters, is that legally possible according to International law? I would rather like to see them to use their own writting like Korean instead of mix kanji with other japanese words such 驚いた彼は道を走っていった...忍者

Why?

It is so useful, when I went on a vacation to Japan I could read all the maps and road signs right away. :P (Since location names use mostly Kanji).

Plus, they call it "Kanji" which literally means "Han characters", so they are crediting us with their writing system anyway.

Why?

It is so useful, when I went on a vacation to Japan I could read all the maps and road signs right away. :P (Since location names use mostly Kanji).

Plus, they call it "Kanji" which literally means "Han characters", so they are crediting us with their writing system anyway.

What's the point for them to keep using Kanji since we're enemy for centuries, I would rather want to see them as Aliens as Koreans when this last have changed Han characters to Korean one.

What's the point for them to keep using Kanji since we're enemy for centuries, I would rather want to see them as Aliens as Koreans when this last have changed Han characters to Korean one.

Japanese society is very conservative, they hate changing anything to do with culture or customs.

Even if every time they wrote a Han character it would deduct $1 from their bank account, they still wouldn't stop using it.

As long as they keep calling it "Kanji" (Hanzi) then I don't care, at least they give credit to us for creating this writing system.

Of course they can and should, but then the Japs would have a hellish time making the meaning of what's written(Koreans have the same problem. That's why they have to use Chinese characters for their legal and other official documents to avoid ambiguity), and when they speak, they would sound English, and at times Portuguese.

Oh, I almost forget, the Japs would be left without family names and own names if they avoided Kanji。:azn:

Japanese society is very conservative, they hate changing anything to do with culture or customs.

Even if every time they wrote a Han character it would deduct $1 from their bank account, they still wouldn't stop using it.

As long as they keep calling it "Kanji" (Hanzi) then I don't care, at least they give credit to us for creating this writing system.

Zhou En Lai once called Japanese as "Banana" Yellow skin with white mentality I don't think they're conservative but opportunist...they have learn to adapt fast. And you see that really bug me is your second sentence, why the hell they want to keep using Hanzi knowing that we're enemy, they could have learn from Vietnam or Korea to use they own writing.

Zhou En Lai once call Japanese "Banana" Yellow skin with white mentality I don't think they're conservative but opportunist...they have learn to adapt fast. And you see that really bug me is your second sentence, why the hell they want to keep using Hanzi knowing that we're enemy, they could have learn from Vietnam or Korea to use they own writing.

Why does it bug you?

The whole world uses Chinese inventions (paper, compass, printing, gunpowder/artillery, etc). So you might as well tell every Army in the world to stop using any type of gun/firearm, since we invented them.

History of the firearm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If they are going to stop using Chinese things, then they should get rid of firearms first, then chopsticks, then paper & books, then if they can do that then they can give up using Hanzi to write their names as well.

It's not going to happen, if an army attacks us they are not going to drop their guns just because guns were a Chinese invention. So we just have to live with it.

Narrow!

the Best thing is that Kanji replace english

Why does it bug you?

The whole world uses Chinese inventions (paper, compass, printing, gunpowder/artillery, etc). So you might as well tell every Army in the world to stop using any type of gun/firearm, since we invented them.

History of the firearm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If they are going to stop using Chinese things, then they should get rid of firearms first, then chopsticks, then if they can do that then they can give up using Hanzi to write their names as well.

paper, compass, printing, gunpowder/artillery are technologie, but Han zi is civilization & culture Identity..it's two different things: Westerner and Chinese both like Boeign 747 Jumbo jet but Western will never use Hanzi nor we chinese will use English as our writing.

What bug me is that for centuries, we have shared our culture and knowledges with them, let alone of their war crimes of the pass even now we chinese are just aliens to them but they like to continue using Kanji.

paper, compass, printing, gunpowder/artillery are technologie, but Han zi is civilization & culture Identity..it's two different things: Westerner and Chinese both like Boeign 747 Jumbo jet but Western will never use Hanzi nor we chinese will use English as our writing.

What bug me is that for centuries, we have shared our culture and knowledges with them, let alone of their war crimes of the pass even now we chinese are just aliens to them but they like to continue using Kanji.

Most countries in the world use Latin alphabets now, even the Vietnamese who have chosen to replace Hanzi with Latin alphabets.

Doesn't matter what they think about Rome or Italy, where Latin alphabets originated from.

Hanzi are not alphabets of course, but they serve the same purpose, i.e. to create a writing system.

Sure, all other East Asian culture is a legacy of China.

If they hate us so much, then stop using our legacy. :coffee:

Most countries in the world use Latin alphabets now, even the Vietnamese who have chosen to replace Hanzi with Latin alphabets.

Doesn't matter what they think about Rome or Italy, where Latin alphabets originated from.

Hanzi are not alphabets of course, but they serve the same purpose, i.e. to create a writing system.

Even Vietnamese used the basic of characters of Latin alphabets as westerner nations, but their combinaison of characters created different meaning but Japanese not only copy the integral Kanji but also the meaning...if i'm not wrong.

My basic question is still...can we force them to give up Kanji...do we have the right?

Even Vietnamese used the basic of characters of Latin alphabets as westerner nations, but their combinaison of characters created different meaning but Japanese not only copy the integral Kanji but also the meaning...if i'm not wrong.

My basic question is still...can we force them to give up Kanji...do we have the right?

我只能说,你煞笔吗?别的国家都玩文化侵略,你反其道而行之,真是奇葩

what's weird question... You should send a letter to your government to ask about that, Kid kiss!

脑残如你,怎么教育出来的?
始皇帝统一六国,做的第一件事是统一文字和度量衡。
西方殖民者殖民的第一步也是传播语言和文字。
日本人侵略琉球和台湾省作的就是强迫学习日语。
法国人占领越南第一步作的就是废除汉字。
韩国人为了摆脱属国心理阴影才放弃汉字。
你基本上是个纯脑残。

You can refute his argument, but don't throw the insult.

This forum is now strictly moderated by the mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom