What's new

How the Uighurs keep their culture alive in Pakistan

They are a very entrepreneurial people it seems. All previous articles I have read about them state that they own business of some sort whether it impoty/export, chaikhane etc. That is good for the local economy of wherever they live so I say Uyghurs should be let in. They don't seem brainwashed people with a medieval mindset.

Sir, i hear your concern but these people have been living here for a lot of time. A part of society now. They are not involved in terrorism in any sort, i am talking about Uighur's in Pakistan, which they aren't now they are long Pakistanis. Point being i suggest you read the article, they are mostly innocent people who are trying to move on with their lives. IF China had reservations that these Uighur's in Pakistan are involved in terrorism in China, i am sure we would have cooperated long ago. It's just that these people are those who have at one point of time suffered a lot and tried to get on with their lives here.

Sir, let us not generalize. These Uighur's in our case are not involved in terrorism.
You have misunderstood me. What I have said is that terrorists are terrorists,nothing more.

You have misunderstood me. What I have said is that terrorists are terrorists,nothing more.
Yes, but these people(who are living in Pakistan for decades-peacefully) are not terrorists. If they were or are, why isn't the Chinese government doing anything about it, asking GOP to take some action. Let us not generalize, by doing so you are coming to a point that all Uighur's, even those living in China, innocent ones are also terrorists. Which in itself makes no sense to me.

Yes, but these people(who are living in Pakistan for decades-peacefully) are not terrorists. If they were or are, why isn't the Chinese government doing anything about it, asking GOP to take some action. Let us not generalize, by doing so you are coming to a point that all Uighur's, even those living in China, innocent ones are also terrorists. Which in itself makes no sense to me.
I haven't said they are.I hope they lived in pakistan happily.What I have said is that Terrorists are terrorists,no matter how they become terrorists.

I haven't said they are.I hope they lived in pakistan happily.What I have said is that Terrorists are terrorists,no matter hoe they become terrorists.

Because they are terrorists.like any other terrorists,They are highly poisoned by their religion and those mullahs who encourage them to kill.
Rest of the post you have edited.

They are a very entrepreneurial people it seems. All previous articles I have read about them state that they own business of some sort whether it impoty/export, chaikhane etc. That is good for the local economy of wherever they live so I say Uyghurs should be let in. They don't seem brainwashed people with a medieval mindset.

Yup they are a nice bunch of people. Time to give them nationality along with sending Afghans back.

Yup they are a nice bunch of people. Time to give them nationality along with sending Afghans back.
They have been, if i am not wrong. They have been living here for decades now, 4 generations, clearly they have been. They are Pakistanis, good to see them contributing to the society.

Rest of the post you have edited.
“They” refers to some Uyghur terrorists themselves in my post,doesn't mean those Uyghurs live in pakistan.Afer all, that's what I have meant,please just stop arguing with me about what I have said.

Last edited:
They have been, if i am not wrong. They have been living here for decades now, 4 generations, clearly they have been. They are Pakistanis, good to see them contributing to the society.

Yup and they are peaceful. Not involved in any crimes etc. After 4 decades they are surely Pakistanis and not Chinese.Even the article says they don't want to go back despite incentives offered by the Chinese government. Shows their loyalty to Pakistan. So it is time to officially accept them.

So it is time to officially accept them.
In-terms, officially accepting Gilgitis. Since account is based on Uighur's living in GB and majority lives in GB :tup:. Would love to see the state officially accepting us, then there are people like Pervaiz Rasheed who insist that GB isn't part of Pakistan.

In-terms, officially accepting Gilgitis. Since account is based on Uighur's living in GB and majority lives in GB :tup:. Would love to see the state officially accepting us, then there are people like Pervaiz Rasheed who insist that GB isn't part of Pakistan.

Sooner or later GB would be 5th province of Pakistan. I can guarantee you that. Pervez Rasheed is a jerk. Don't take him seriously.

Problem is as soon as we accept GB as our fifth province, proverbial talks on Kashmir issue would collapse and india would walkout from negotiating table forever.

Problem is as soon as we accept GB as our fifth province, proverbial talks on Kashmir issue would collapse and india would walkout from negotiating table forever.
I have devised out an acceptable solution, altough the demand of Gilgitis is that of a provincial status, that gives them same right as the rest of the country. Under current status GB doesn't even have a proper political right.
In details: Territorial limits
In short a special status, which calls for seats in NA and Senate and constitutional rights, etc, etc......

I have devised out an acceptable solution, altough the demand of Gilgitis is that of a provincial status, that gives them same right as the rest of the country. Under current status GB doesn't even have a proper political right.
In details: Territorial limits
In short a special status, which calls for seats in NA and Senate and constitutional rights, etc, etc......

India is already objecting on CPEC route through GB. Even your acceptable solution would have an immediate effect and the first casualty would be water supply to Pakistan. India would make sure to haggle with our water supply.

India is already objecting on CPEC route through GB
Objecting, it knows it can't do anything to stop it, what is CPEC, a link of roads and etc, etc. They can't possibly stop it, without a war, thus the reason their objection is so futile.
Even your acceptable solution would have an immediate effect
Sir, it is no different than AJK's status, but more autonomy. I don't think it will hurt our stance on Kashmir or neither India can object about it, proper political right and constitutional, nothing wrong in it. Although as a Gilgiti, let me tell you something, demand on ground is very strong: a provincial status, but to be a more realistic a special status will work, calling for more.......rights etc, etc..
India would make sure to haggle with our water supply.
That is if we give it a provincial status, not very educated with the topic.....

Objecting, it knows it can't do anything to stop it, what is CPEC, a link of roads and etc, etc. They can't possibly stop it, without a war, thus the reason their objection is so futile.

Sir, it is no different than AJK's status, but more autonomy. I don't think it will hurt our stance on Kashmir or neither India can object about it, proper political right and constitutional, nothing wrong in it. Although as a Gilgiti, let me tell you something, demand on ground is very strong: a provincial status, but to be a more realistic a special status will work, calling for more.......rights etc, etc..

That is if we give it a provincial status, not very educated with the topic.....

Isn't current political setup enough with a chief minister and political assembly ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom