What's new

Can Bangladesh ever be a sovereign country?

Can Bangladesh ever be a sovereign country?

• Its possible under BNP-Jamaat government

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Present AL government is good.

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • No, its not possible at all.

Votes: 18 56.3%

• Total voters
India's future looks pretty bright from where I am.
I would only place China and US as being in a better position over the medium term.
Isn't it better to be a weak-ish pole yourself than a vassal of someone ?
Since you will be the one extracting concessions from others,albeit to a lesser degree, while not compromising your interests.
But hey, I come from a self-respecting nation.
You may have a different opinion :lol:

You are dreaming such fantasy when your living standard is below sub-Saharan countries! Shame on big talking Indians.

You are dreaming such fantasy when your living standard is below sub-Saharan countries! Shame on big talking Indians.

Buzz off little fly.
Its not a fantasy but the same projection china's acolyte kalu miah loves to throw around while professing his unwavering devotion to his fav overlord China.
If you wish to troll about living standards of indians go make a new thread about it.Or I put you on ignore.

Buzz off little fly.
Its not a fantasy but the same projection china's acolyte kalu miah loves to throw around while professing his unwavering devotion to his fav overlord China.
If you wish to troll about living standards of indians go make a new thread about it.Or I put you on ignore.

Forget your fantasy projection for a few minutes and go down to the streets of your town. Now, see what reality is there with your dream and fantasy. Even your standard of living cannot be compared with that of BD. But, you talk here about catching with USA, Moon and Mars!! At least, build a few million toilets before you again brag about India. India is just a shame even to the sub-Saharan people. But, you guys are disgusting. You do not feel any shame at all!!!

@IamBengali you have a good point. I agree that Bangladesh can never be a fully sovereign country, but very few countries in the world are, except for regional and great powers, most of whom happen to be also very large nations.

So the destiny of Bangladesh is to be a vassal state.

From 1204 to 1757, we were either a full part of Delhi Sultanate or Mughal empire, or a vassal of those two entities. There were some periods of independence, but it did not last.

From 1757 to 1947, we were either de facto or de jure part of the British empire.

From 1947 to 1971, we were a part but more like a vassal of (West) Pakistan.

From 1971 to today, during Awami rule we were a vassal of India, at other times we were relatively more independent.

For future, there is no better option for Bangladesh than to become a full on vassal of China and form military alliance with China. To remain and become a vassal of a screwed up incompetent country like India is a bad choice that no Bangladeshi will accept, because that will mean Bangladesh will remain poor and underdeveloped. And everyone looks for their personal interest and future prospect first, so I maintain, all Bangladeshi people will choose to be a vassal of China, rather than a vassal of India.

Wow such nationalism and patriotism. My Aim is to become a vassal state.

If you are actually looking to be a vassal state why not become a vassal off USA? They are much better than china.You can also give them chittagong as a naval base to counter China

Wow such nationalism and patriotism. My Aim is to become a vassal state.

If you are actually looking to be a vassal state why not become a vassal off USA? They are much better than china.You can also give them chittagong as a naval base to counter China

Because we figured out USA is going to loose to China. Who wants to stay with a loser?

I wish Bangladesh had West Bengal and Assam.So that we could have a strong position in the subcontinent. Anyways, we are already in millions in West Bengal and Assam. So that dream is not far behind.
Did you get excited by my trolling? You won't even get 1 mm of our land. We will capture 1/2 of Bangladesh since BD isn't willing to take back their people.

We will be more brutal than Pakistanis.

There is a general perception in Pakistan that India and Bangladesh are allied states.

Then that's a wrong perception u have i m afraid.

I dont see any tangible benefit from the backing, the backing we gave was international diplomacy. basically legitimized her 'election'. but what did we get in return.
do we have much leverage there? I seriously doubt it. Dont give example of trade because we have trade and other relation with pakistan too

U literally managed to keep her in power against will of both Bangladeshis and intl community. That's hell of an achievement for a regional hegemon.U expect Hasina to be able to run BD without India's dictat after that? She doesn't have any allies in intl community apart from India (mainly Kangress). SHe screwed her party, the whole country and destroyed 15 years of democratic norm banking on India's support. U remove the Indian backing and she will flee from BD the next day. U have a regime that now depends on India for its very existence. WHat more leverage do u want?

Last edited:
There is a general perception in Pakistan that India and Bangladesh are allied states.
Our country is totally India dominated. Even when we go to one place to another in buses for short distance in Dhaka Hindi and Indian Bangla songs are played. Hindi is all over in television. This is cultural impact.

Bangladesh defense and Indian defense are like a joint force. Its allied state.

Look at PDF. BD defence forum is all about India rather than Bangladesh. Barely there is a topic where India is not discussed.

Last edited:
Our country is totally India dominated. Even when we go to one place to another in buses for short distance in Dhaka Hindi and Indian Bangla songs are played. Hindi is all over in television. This is cultural impact.

Look at PDF. BD defence forum is all about India rather than Bangladesh. Barely there is a topic where India is not discussed.

Cultural impact is unavoidable, but defense alliance between India-Bangladesh, what are you smoking man, it must be really good.

Obviously. When there is people like you,its bound to happen.allied state my a s s.joint force my a s s.
Keep out from serious discussion. Keep your eye glued to Hindi serial on TELE.

Bangladesh can only be sovereign when you have a powerful military force. Arm yourselves, train hard and prepare for the worst, clean up your political system from foreign hegemony so you can make your own decisions.

There are millions of families living in both sides who have families in each side of the borders. There is enclave which is very weirdly structured. A Bangladeshi enclave has an Indian enclave within it and That Indian enclave has another Bangladeshi enclave in between. Again another Indian enclave is in the middle. This enclave issue is very sensitive because no country wants to give up land to solve the enclave issue. The Border line between Indo-Bangla is not same as Indo-Pak. Its very different from any other border in the world.

India wants to ensure nobody plans anti-India conspiracy sitting inside Bangladesh because Bangladesh is surrounded by India. Nothing wrong in it. They have to be concerned about India's security but due to India issue all our political parties need 'India' blessing during election. Khaleda Zia, whose party is 'anti-Indian' party goes to India to get blessing just before the election. After India visit she and her rival Hasina both arrange rally to 'celebrate' their achievement during India visit. Nobody can come in power without India blessing. Now both Hasina and Khaleda trying to woo Narendra Modi by continuously writing appeasing letters.

The list of illegals is being prepared as we speak. They will be sent back. In one form or another. The time for pole vaulting is over.

We are free to lick whatever boot that serves our interest.
Good luck with the sovereignty thingy... :tup:

The list of illegals is being prepared as we speak. They will be sent back. In one form or another. The time for pole vaulting is over.

Good luck with the sovereignty thingy... :tup:
Good luck with the list.if it is genuine, we will gladly except it.if it is ethnic cleansing of bangla speaking Muslim in boarder region between info/ BD .then again good luck to you for your plan to become a success.

Back
Top Bottom