What's new

Cambodian and Vietnamese Soldiers Fight Over Border Dispute

If you just focus on war, the history is not complete. It's just one side of history. Even the so-called peaceful Switzrland had dozens of wars in history with neighbors. I am really very sad, due to today's disputes, you consider the all long history as Vietnam-China conflicts. China didn't invade Laos, Thailand, why just pay attention to Vietnam? The one-side history would make your expression incredity.

"The Chinese has always been pain in the azz and opportunist whenever in time Vietnam in civil war or unstable political."

This is really complicated. The legal Vietnam govt asked China to help to fight riot or rebellion, should we help or not? Take another example, in 1590's China by Korean requests help to defeat the Japanese invasion. Yes, China failed to protect Korea in 1894, but at least Korean admit we helped them in 1590's.

I know it's a great regret China lost the ability to protect Vietnamese from European colony. This incident almost broke all ties between an ancient Vietnam and today's Vietnam. But it's just Vietnamese themself who can mend the history and rebuild confidence.
"How China big? Because they cunning take advantage when near by nation weak to sieze territories. Speaking of bravery they are not any to compare with Japanese. That s why during Japanese invasion despite massive population they still lose for Japanese."
How China big? This is power of culure. In a region( where ever), in the beginning of human society, when you firstly created writing language, culture system, govt system, education system, values and army, it will firstly effectly absorb around groups. I don't say cultures have better or worse order, I mean early and later on stage. If Vietnam in the region firstly created everything, maybe I am Vietnamese nowadays.

"Le Duan north Vietnam when visit China he commented, I dont see a single guerilla fighter here, during Japanese occupation , this is not like us we grow up in wars, every person can fight."
I know Vietnamese are heros, tough guy, as well as friendly, the world all know that. We know how you defeat French in Dienbien Phu and fulfil unification in 1975. But I really don't know what Vietnamese really want to show to Chinese. Make us admit Vietnam is more strong than China? Make us admit Vietnamese harmed by Chinese? Laugh at us which we were weak in 19th century or once occupied by Mongolian? Or just have to consider China as enemy? I don't know what you guys want. I always have positive opinions on Viet guys, but it really make me embarrassed when you consider me as enemy.

"History repeat itself in 79 when the new unified Vietnam faced to front war with Chinese in the north and Khmer in the South West."
About this thing, I ever talked with an Viet poster. Khmer, China-Vietnam 79 were two things. After Vienam unified, China and Vietnam govt had made agreement, we both treat Vietnamese (living in China), Chinese(living in Vietnam) peacefully and equally, giving them nationality if they want. China till today keep the promise, we treat Vietnamese minority well; while Vietnam in 1977 expelled Chinese there because of nationalization of economy. China govt warnned 2 times, Vietnam ignored all warning. Chinese living in Vietnam were not your enemy, they help Viets to defeat French, support Vietnam unification.

I just hope you could calm down. The disputes will be finished oneday peacefully,like done on land border. You make a conclusion that Chinese are your enemy in all history, you just always fell in dilemma. I respect Vietnamese, and
Tet Doan ngo is coming, have fun during the festival.
You the only Chinese in here I can have proper conversation with. I never said Chinese in Vietnam are enemy I already said in the other post Vietnam and Chinese can live along peacefully, only rival politically. In term politic, each country and people support their own nations interests, no one really yield to no one. The cunning Chinese im talking about are nationalists Chinese, not average Chinese. And I think what you know is only one sided from your government too.

Vietnam did not expell all Chinese, only Chinese who refused to adopt Vietnamese citizenship instead they opt for keeping Chinese citizenship. The Vietnam only expell Chinese who they think threat for nations, who PRC use them interfere Vietnam politcally, similar to how Chinese in U.S also being use by China govt. well you can do more research about that, Vietnamese did not perceive avarage Chinese as threat to them due to culture and physical appearance similarity, this is different with khmer who hate vietnamse by race.The proof is there still over 1 million Chinese in Vietnam.

What said above is not angry but average Vietnamese think of Chinese. Similar to many Chinese think of Vietnamse as disgraceful and cannot be trust as well. After all it is political game. Likely we choose side to support most people in here have little to exteme nationalism otherwise they would not bother to be in here, they would care about something else.

I never said Chinese in Vietnam are enemy I already said in the other post Vietnam and Chinese can live along peacefully, only rival politically. In term politic, each country and people support their own nations interests, no one really yield to no one. The cunning Chinese im talking about are nationalists Chinese, not average Chinese. And I think what you know is only one sided from your government too.

Vietnam did not expell all Chinese, only Chinese who refused to adopt Vietnamese citizenship instead they opt for keeping Chinese citizenship. The Vietnam only expell Chinese who they think threat for nations, who PRC use them interfere Vietnam politcally, similar to how Chinese in U.S also being use by China govt. well you can do more research about that, Vietnamese did not perceive avarage Chinese as threat to them due to culture and physical appearance similarity, this is different with khmer who hate vietnamse by race.The proof is there still over 1 million Chinese in Vietnam.

What said above is not angry but average Vietnamese think of Chinese. Similar to many Chinese think of Vietnamse as disgraceful and cannot be trust as well. After all it is political game. Likely we choose side to support most people in here have little to exteme nationalism otherwise they would not bother to be in here, they would care about something else.

"You the only Chinese in here I can have proper conversation with."
I am not the only one, a lot of hold the similar attitude.

"I never said Chinese in Vietnam are enemy I already said in the other post Vietnam and Chinese can live along peacefully, only rival politically."
Of course I know that, I learned knowledge mostly from the first-hand experiences, not only from national medias. You should know there are dozens of thousand Vietnamese students every year studying in China. In forums, we oftern exchange ideas or argue. The only difference is that we talk here in English, while we talk there in Hanyu mixing Vietic.

" The Vietnam only expell Chinese who they think threat for nations, who PRC use them interfere Vietnam politcally, similar to how Chinese in U.S also being use by China govt."
I don't want to argue with you about this. They still live in China, and we know clearly what happened in 1977-1979. I have said, nationalization of economy, property, factory is one of the main goal. Anyway, it's past, Vietnam had started Doi-Moi policy.

"After all it is political game. Likely we choose side to support most people in here have little to exteme nationalism otherwise they would not bother to be in here, they would care about something else."
I can understand Viet's pain and nationalism. After WWII, most countries in the world have stayed in peace, while Vietnam experienced 3 horrible wars and suffer terrible lost, harm. Grow economy, rebuild culturel, my buddy, I don't mind Vietnamese use Chinese, American, Japanese, Russian, as long as you guys focus on economy and prosperity, use everything you can find, please.

You seems to know not much about Khmer before Vietnam came.
Khmer was an empire. Later fragmented into many parts: Lao (Lan Chang), Thai (Sukhotai, Supanburee, Ayuthaya**controversial) and Khmer.
Khmer empire kingdom was located at Yasothonbura, now is known as Ankor wat, a wel known tourist visit place.
Siamese (Ayuthaya) kings sack Cambodian capitals at Ankor Wat, again and again. Each time Siam army won over Cambodia, new pro-siam King is installed as vessel state, then Siamese army moved back. Too many lost, Khmer decided to move their capital to Lovek, still Capital city was sacked by Siamese army. Khmer relocate capital even farrer away to Udong (very near current day Phnom Penh) and finally Phnom Penh. All capital relocations are because they lost to Siamese army and hope to stay away.
Ha Tian, or Ban Tai Mas, as Siamese and Cambodian known as, had been vessel states to Ayuthaya since long time before Vietnam came. Later when Siamese was recovered from Burma army, which sacked Ayuthaya, forcing Siam to relocate capital city to Bangkok, reinsert power onto Khmer again and regain Ha Tian back.
ในปี พ.ศ. 2314 นักองตนซึ่งครองเขมรอยู่ได้ข่าวพม่ายกมาตีไทย จึงถือโอกาสยกทัพมาตีเมืองจันทบุรีและตราด จึงทรงพระกรุณาโปรดเกล้าฯ ให้เจ้าพระยาจักรียกทัพไปตีเขมร ทัพไทยตีได้เมืองโพธิสัตว์ เมืองพระตะบอง เมืองบริบูรณ์ เมืองกำพงโสม และเมืองบันทายมาศ นักองตนพ่ายแพ้หนีไปอยู่กับญวณ จึงทรงพระกรุณาโปรดเกล้าฯ ให้นักองนนท์ครองเขมรสืบไป
สมเด็จพระเจ้ากรุงธนบุรี - วิกิพีเดีย

Later Vietnam came in, and fight and won this Ha Tian vassal states (itself- not yet with Siam army) sent ambassedor to Siamese King Rama 2 asking for the Ha Tian to be vassal to Vietnam. Siam King Rama2 decided to secede this vassal state. At the time Vietnam and Siam was not yet enemy, because Siamese King Rama 1 had good personal relation with Gia Long as he helped Gia Long to ascend to Vietnamese throne. (Though the campaign by Siamese troops was not successful, hosting him inside our land still helped him a lot.)

That was the story of Ha Tian. It had been vassal to Siam for long time until Vietnam came.
So, bro. big brother around here mainland S.E.A was us and Burma.
VIetnam met with weak Khmer, it was because Siam had weaken Khmer again and again through out history.

Thanks for your information.

I would like to say here too that in ancient time Vietnamese speak Mon/Khmer Language (Austro-Asiatic languages). Our ancestors have been living in nearby with Mon people (today in Myanmar) and Khmer people (today in Cambodia). It mean that Vietnamese were been to in Thai, Lao and in Cambodia too. Thai people came to Thailand from Yun Nan (Nan Chao Kuo) China around 12th century or later.

This map stated that origin land of Vietnamese is in Thailand. We were been to Thailand in prehistoric time. Thailand is native land of Viets, bro.

vietic.jpg

Attachments

• austro.gif
    austro.gif
    26.3 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Vietnam, Annam Empire before Invasion of France colonial.:-)

640px-Map_of_Vietnam_1829.jpg

Nice joke mister yuon

I would like to say here too that in ancient time Vietnamese speak Mon/Khmer Language (Austro-Asiatic languages). Our ancestors have been living in nearby with Mon people (today in Myanmar) and Khmer people (today in Cambodia). It mean that Vietnamese were been to in Thai, Lao and in Cambodia too. Thai people came to Thailand from Yun Nan (Nan Chao Kuo) China around 12th century or later.

This map stated that origin land of Vietnamese is in Thailand. We were been to Thailand in prehistoric time. Thailand is native land of Viets, bro.

View attachment 227930

View attachment 227931

Lol why not take it back a little further and claim African continent or India as your ancestral land? This is 2015 step up your game yuon, who do you thinjk youre fooling?

Enough Viet aggression in Southeast Asia! It's time for PLA to roll into Hanoi and do scorched Earth policy again.

Now that's what I call a plan. I promise all SEAsian contries will make it a national holiday. Everyone hates the ungrateful Yuons. Like to play victim when in fact are the victimizers. God bless China!

I'm sure the Khmer's, Thai's, and Laotians would be more than happy to join in on this yuon bashing party.

View attachment 227930

View attachment 227931

Great news, finally, a Viet who acknowledges his Mon-Khmer ancestry. I'll post this in Khmer forum for them to see. So why claim Luo-Yue whom are Tai people and Tai ancestors related to Zhuang? Make up your mind you can't possibly claim everything. Too much agent orange in pho?

Red river delta (northern Vietnam) is homeland to Tai speaking people together with China this land should be liberated.

Not sure how Viet relates to Khmer, physically and culturally are complete different, only language are similar so does Cantonese. Im sure Tai people and Chinese look down on you Khmer more than Viet does. We are more friendly and sensible people than many country in Asia and it has been recorded by western travellers. Even after brutal wars with French and American for wich they either enslave us or use us as chess piece in their super power game, but we choose to hold no grudge against any of them. That is not like you Khmers mentally after genocide 1/3 of your people and massacred hundred thousands innocent Vietnamese; women, men and even babies and pregnant women ,yet you Khmer still keep your hatred against us by race despite it was us interfered helped stop genocidal.

Nice joke mister yuon

Lol why not take it back a little further and claim African continent or India as your ancestral land? This is 2015 step up your game yuon, who do you thinjk youre fooling?

Now that's what I call a plan. I promise all SEAsian contries will make it a national holiday. Everyone hates the ungrateful Yuons. Like to play victim when in fact are the victimizers. God bless China!

I'm sure the Khmer's, Thai's, and Laotians would be more than happy to join in on this yuon bashing party.

Great news, finally, a Viet who acknowledges his Mon-Khmer ancestry. I'll post this in Khmer forum for them to see. So why claim Luo-Yue whom are Tai people and Tai ancestors related to Zhuang? Make up your mind you can't possibly claim everything. Too much agent orange in pho?

Red river delta (northern Vietnam) is homeland to Tai speaking people together with China this land should be liberated.

What wrong with you, my Cambodian friend ?

Vietnamese, Cambodian both we speak Mon/Khmer languages, we are brothers. We Viets are ready to join with you to regain independence of Khmer Empire.:-)

Khmer%20Empire%20Map.1.jpg

View attachment 227930
:omghaha:

Dai ethnic group also scattered to north Vietnam too. Vietnam is also native land of Thai bro.

eg, Dian bian fu Thai dum ethnic group
Tai Dam people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Vietnamese, Cambodian both we speak Mon/Khmer languages, we are brothers. We Viets are ready to join with you to regain independence of Khmer Empire.:-)

List 10 joint Khmer words that sounds and mean exactly with Vietnamese words. I can find you 100 words in Thai.

Thailand as you know it, is half breed Thai- Khmer, bro . some. of our ancestors are the real Khmer blood

I remember the way we killed 100,000 Viet "civilians" in just 21 days in 1979. Scorched Earth is China's gift to Vietnam just like American napalm.

Amazing. 21 days? Lets set a new world record and shoot for 1 million in 7 days.

:omghaha:

Dai ethnic group also scattered to north Vietnam too. Vietnam is also native land of Thai bro.

eg, Dian bian fu Thai dum ethnic group
Tai Dam people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List 10 joint Khmer words that sounds and mean exactly with Vietnamese words. I can find you 100 words in Thai.

Thailand as you know it, is half breed Thai- Khmer, bro . some. of our ancestors are the real Khmer blood

origin land of Tai/Katay people is Yun Nan in China. Origin country of Thai/KaTay, Nung... is Nan Chao 南詔 and Dian Kuo 滇國 in Yun Nan China. After collapsing of Nan Chao 南詔, Thai/Katay people has began to move to south East Asia.

It is reported that in 13th century, Thái people moved to Điện Biên Phủ in Vietnam, they have paid tributes and obeyed the rule of our Kingdom Ly Dynasty of Dai Viet.

The Khmer Surin people are living in Thailand, there is native people of the country today is called as Thailand. Thai people is mixed with Khmer Surin people, so that Thai language is borrowed many Khmer words in to your language, it is nothing special. Vietnamese speak Mon/Khmer language, there is our origin language, but we borrowed many words from Cantonese too and our language became tonal language, like Cantonese.

As I said before that Vietnamese could join with our Cambodian friends to regain the Independence of Khmer Empire, so you Thai people could join in too. We are citizen of Khmer Empire. It is great.:-)

Amazing. 21 days? Lets set a new world record and shoot for 1 million in 7 days.

Don't kiss chinese like that way, my Cambodian friend. You are traitor of Mon/Khmer people here.

Lol how nice a Viet is trying to kiss Cambodian's a$$, no matter how you're trying to cozy with your sugar word, you won't change the fact these contnental south east asian such Laotian, Thai and Cambodians hate you to the core..:rofl:

Lol how nice a Viet is trying to kiss Cambodian's a$$, no matter how you're trying to cozy with your sugar word, you won't change the fact these contnental south east asian such Laotian, Thai and Cambodians hate you to the core..:rofl:

Cambodian is our friend. :-)

only Hua origin idiots like Lonol, Popot ... betrayed Cambodian interest and attacked and killed Viets for China interest. 2 million innocent Cambodian were killed recently by Polpot who is Hua chinese origin. Thai and Laotien people can know that too. Pls don't go to die for China interest ! :coffee:

Viets are dirty little aggressors. It's good that the US bombed them back to the stone age and dropped Agent Orange on those dirty Viets. Couldn't happen to a better bunch of people.

Look at yourself, what Japanese imperial did in China in WW II ?

Back
Top Bottom