What's new

Cambodian and Vietnamese Soldiers Fight Over Border Dispute

Oh I see. What about the air force and navy?

I believe Vietnam is much much superior than Cambodia in all forces, but it doesn't mean Vietnam can easily intrude into their area. I believe Cambodian is quite emotional when it comes to Vietnam, so some firing moment can exist between the two.

you are too bad for a comedian role.
have you seen it? our victory monument over Siam, the Tay Son force was smashing the siamese 300 warships fleet at Mekong river in year 1785.

1280px-T%C6%B0%E1%BB%A3ng_%C4%91%C3%A0i_R%E1%BA%A1ch_G%E1%BA%A7m-Xo%C3%A0i_M%C3%BAt.JPG
And then you lose all the land to france and live a colonized minion life on the mercy of frensh while we just lost 30% and later won 3 provinces back by war.

No, bro.

Vietnamese is firstly classificated to the Austri-Asiatic language faminily, not Sino-Tibetan languages. I would like to copy here the statement from Text book printed in Vietnam for students. It is stated:

"Có thể noi cho đến nay ý kiến chung đã hầu như nhất trí: Tiếng Viêt là một ngôn ngữ họ Nam Á, thuộc ngành Môn - Khmer, tiểu chi Việt - Chứt. Quan hệ với phía Thai - Kadai dẫu khá xa xưa, quan hệ với Tiếng Hán dẫu khá sâu đậm, nhưng đó chỉ là quan hệ tiếp xúc chứ không phải quan hệ họ hàng gần."

with the google translation, it said:

" There would be far common opinion was almost agreed that : Vietnamese is a South Asian language , belonging to Mon - Khmer language group , to Viet - Chut branch . Relations with the Thai - Kadai albeit quite ancient , although relations with Chinese (Sino - Tibetan) albeit quite in profound , but it is only a contact relation, not close relatives . "

Pls to read: Giáo trình lịch sử ngữ âm tiếng Viêt. <Nguyenx Tài Cẩn, sách xuất bản năm 1997, NXB Giáo dục>

when our language Vietnamese is existed base on Mon/Khmer language, based study of 100 word for daily speaking of Cambodian and Vietnamese. It does mean that from ancient time Vietnamese and Cambodian shared common ancestors.

I quoted here below from wiki>

First Vietnamese
Historians believe that the earliest Vietnamese people gradually moved from the Indonesian archipelago through the Malay Peninsula and Thailand until they settled on the edges of the Red River in the Tonkin Delta.

Vietnamese people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
bro. Your historical model is too simple. It is as if Vietnam is single entity, while in fact VN is a mixture of many groups of people. Thr %mixing components even changes over time. Every person on earth has 2 parents 4 grand parents 8 great grand parents , and so on bro. Update your model.

are you joker ? very funny indeed.:omghaha:
I see some VN wanna be France minion. Thailand won a war with France. So being our minion make more sense.

Your own historical claim that VN migrate from Thailand is even more joke. dude:enjoy:

I have no idea that there are tensions between Cambodians and Vietnamese. Many Vietnamese I met never mentioned them when it comes to the situation surrounding Vietnam. Instead they talk about China doing this and that.

I'm talking about how Cambodians view Vietnam, not how Vietnam views China (as we all know how they view china.lol)

I have no idea that there are tensions between Cambodians and Vietnamese. Many Vietnamese I met never mentioned them when it comes to the situation surrounding Vietnam. Instead they talk about China doing this and that.

I'm talking about how Cambodians view Vietnam, not how Vietnam views China (as we all know how they view china.lol)

I believe Vietnam is much much superior than Cambodia in all forces, but it doesn't mean Vietnam can easily intrude into their area. I believe Cambodian is quite emotional when it comes to Vietnam, so some firing moment can exist between the two.
Oh I see. But I don't think there is any territory dispute between Cambodia and Vietnam that can cause major tensions today.

I know, I'm just curious to see how the Vietnamese view the Cambodians and vice versa. How do they really view each other? Just that I didn't hear any of it as compared to China.

Oh I see. But I don't think there is any territory dispute between Cambodia and Vietnam that can cause major tensions today.

I know, I'm just curious to see how the Vietnamese view the Cambodians and vice versa. How do they really view each other? Just that I didn't hear any of it as compared to China.
1 year ago, Viet look at Cambodian as a friend. Now, Viet see them as two face , cannot be trust.

Cambodian look at Viet, hate, jealous, fear, envy depends on which Cambodian. Khmer oversea hate, fear and jealous with us. Khmer in Cambodia work for current government and khmer live in Vietnam, envy us, want to be like us.

1 year ago, Viet look at Cambodian as a friend. Now, Viet see them as two face , cannot be trust.

Cambodian look at Viet, hate, jealous, fear, envy depends on which Cambodian. Khmer oversea hate, fear and jealous with us. Khmer in Cambodia work for current government and khmer live in Vietnam, envy us, want to be like us.
Oh I see. Very interesting and informative. :tup: I guess it's not easy managing happy relations with neighboring people.

How you gonna push China into the corner when Vietnam is being cornered under China initiative to supply arm to Cambodia and massively invest into Laos to counter Vietnam influence. :rofl: And how you gonna teach us a lesson to play with dangerous weapons when we're playing with all kind of dangerous weapon from agent Orange chemical to Nuke...what ever US has we virtually has...now we're only work to reach the MAD and parity...you Viets as just a laugh stock of 21st century, you couldn't do anything beside begging other nations for cheap credit to buy weapon.:rofl:
I think we already have MAD capability but we do not officially tell the world. After all we are a friendly trading nation and wish for a multi polar wolrd. But some small countries has balls because they receive lip service from a big player. That will not work. Viets forget their ally USSR did not intervene when we had a war with them in 79.

I think we already have MAD capability but we do not officially tell the world. After all we are a friendly trading nation and wish for a multi polar wolrd. But some small countries has balls because they receive lip service from a big player. That will not work. Viets forget their ally USSR did not intervene when we had a war with them in 79.
I doubt the next US president will accept a multi-polar world and will desperately reinforce our hegemony in the Asian Pacific.

bro. Your historical model is too simple. It is as if Vietnam is single entity, while in fact VN is a mixture of many groups of people. Thr %mixing components even changes over time. Every person on earth has 2 parents 4 grand parents 8 great grand parents , and so on bro. Update your model.

This model made by scholars and historian in the world, not only made by Vietnamese. The core item here is that origin of Vietnamese belong to Mon/Khmer, South East Asian people

see some VN wanna be France minion. Thailand won a war with France. So being our minion make more sense.

Your own historical claim that VN migrate from Thailand is even more joke. dude:enjoy:

Thailand won a war with France !!!. You are really big joker. Thailand didn't lost independence in the past is another story.

Study more, bro. the map I posted is made by historian in west, It is the truth, that Vietnamese migrated to Red River delta from Thailand. So we can rightfully say that Thailand is our native land. later on, Thailand is territory of Khmer Empire, when Thai/Katay people was still in Yuan nan in China.

vietic-jpg.227930

Cambodian is our friend. :-)

only Hua origin idiots like Lonol, Popot ... betrayed Cambodian interest and attacked and killed Viets for China interest. 2 million innocent Cambodian were killed recently by Polpot who is Hua chinese origin. Thai and Laotien people can know that too. Pls don't go to die for China interest ! :coffee:

Look at yourself, what Japanese imperial did in China in WW II ?

Are you saying that Cambodians are just blindly fallowing Lon Nol and Polpot?? :rofl:, you see why Thai, Cambodian and Laostian welcome Hua more than Viets in their countries? Because you're their historical enemies and we're not...simple as that.

Are you saying that Cambodians are just blindly fallowing Lon Nol and Polpot?? :rofl:, you see why Thai, Cambodian and Laostian welcome Hua more than Viets in their countries? Because you're their historical enemies and we're not...simple as that.

Lon Nol is illegal taken power in Cambodia with military coup, Pol Pot is cheated others Cambodian with dirty politic mannuavers. They killed both Cambodian and Viets.

True Cambodian like Mr. Heng Somrin and others who has escaped to Vietnam and asked us for help them.I think Cambodian people don't forgot that Cambodian people welcomed our soldiers, who liberated them from Khmer Rouge, puppet of China in 1978 .

142420_campuchia.jpg

I don't think Loatien people love Chinese.

But in Thai could be YES, so that 10 % population of Thai is Hua chinese and they controlled 90 % of Thai Economy and Policy. Thai people is too naive, they are easy cheated by Hua Chinese.

No, bro.

Vietnamese is firstly classificated to the Austri-Asiatic language faminily, not Sino-Tibetan languages. I would like to copy here the statement from Text book printed in Vietnam for students. It is stated:

"Có thể noi cho đến nay ý kiến chung đã hầu như nhất trí: Tiếng Viêt là một ngôn ngữ họ Nam Á, thuộc ngành Môn - Khmer, tiểu chi Việt - Chứt. Quan hệ với phía Thai - Kadai dẫu khá xa xưa, quan hệ với Tiếng Hán dẫu khá sâu đậm, nhưng đó chỉ là quan hệ tiếp xúc chứ không phải quan hệ họ hàng gần."

with the google translation, it said:

" There would be far common opinion was almost agreed that : Vietnamese is a South Asian language , belonging to Mon - Khmer language group , to Viet - Chut branch . Relations with the Thai - Kadai albeit quite ancient , although relations with Chinese (Sino - Tibetan) albeit quite in profound , but it is only a contact relation, not close relatives . "

Pls to read: Giáo trình lịch sử ngữ âm tiếng Viêt. <Nguyenx Tài Cẩn, sách xuất bản năm 1997, NXB Giáo dục>

when our language Vietnamese is existed base on Mon/Khmer language, based study of 100 word for daily speaking of Cambodian and Vietnamese. It does mean that from ancient time Vietnamese and Cambodian shared common ancestors.

I quoted here below from wiki>

First Vietnamese
Historians believe that the earliest Vietnamese people gradually moved from the Indonesian archipelago through the Malay Peninsula and Thailand until they settled on the edges of the Red River in the Tonkin Delta.

Vietnamese people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 1852, James Logan a ethno-linguistic thought the modern Vietnamese language was Austroasiatic he called it Môn Anam. In 1905, another linguist named W. Schmidt thought it was Môn Khmer, but then changed his mind and said it had to be Tai-Kadai. In 1912, Henri Maspéro also agreed and placed it with Tai-Kadai. But in 1952, Andre Haudricourt placed the Vietnamese language back into the Austro-Asiatic group again. It was not until 1975 a linguist name Paul Benedict decided that the old groupings didn’t work, so he proposed to combine the Tai-Kadai and Austro-Asiatic into one grouping called Proto-Austro-Tai. This is because Vietnamese didn’t fit in either one, having features found in both. But that still left the other two groupings Austronesian and Sino-Tibetan. They proposed a new name, "Austric" to combine all four language groups into one so that the single language would have a placement. This single language came out of the Hòa Bình culture, which eventually evolved into the Việt culture and encompasses the written Văn Khoa Đẩu script known as the Proto-Việt Muong language.

Today, Vietnamese is a monosyllabic tonal language like Cantonese and has lost many Proto-Austroasiatic phonological and morphological features. Vietnamese also has large stocks of borrowed Chinese and Tai vocabulary. However, there continues to be resistance to the idea that Vietnamese could be more closely related to Khmer than to Chinese or the Tai languages. Nevertheless, the vast majority of Western & Vietnamese scholars consider these typological similarities to be due to language contact rather than common genetic inheritance.

Its already genetically proven that Kinh Vietnamese are admixture of Tai Kadai & Austro-Asiatic tribes & Han

0b9b8d714566edea3954827c018a3c88.jpg

03= Han
C3c= Mongolian
02b= Some argue its a distinct NEA trait / SEA trait migrated into the north
C1& D2 = Jomon and Ainu
02a= Native gene from South East Asia

mtdna-yap-haplogroups1.png

I'm not sure what the Y-DNA Haplogroup is for Cambodians and Thais. I imagine both would have very high 02a but with Thai being a subgroup of Tai ethnic and overtime mix with Han Chinese & Mon Khmer ethnics it would have 03 dna but still much less than the Vietnamese.@somsak

leaders-of-ho-chi-minh-city-with-cambodian-students-and-pupils-who-are-studying-in-vietnam-photo-thanh-vu-vna-473705-28-6td10baoanh2862012142543972-512x341.jpg

(L) Cambodian (R) Vietnamese

Sat, 6 September 2014
Emily Wight

'Out of 20 of my friends, 17 people hate the Vietnamese,” says Tep Afril, a 22-year-old IT student at the University of Cambodia.

In the group of young people gathered around him, another admits to once believing that the Vietnamese had a “secret agenda”.

Many also mention the widespread belief that the Vietnamese who work in Cambodia are here to “invade”, as their military did in 1979, pushing out the Khmer Rouge and staying for 10 years.

Afril describes the perception – which he does not share – with a candour unusual for such a sensitive subject. “In Cambodia, we have a bad stereotype of Vietnamese people.”

His tolerant attitude is what Sarus Exchange Programme, which organised the bridge-building project between Cambodians and ethnic Vietnamese, is striving for.

In July, the program, run by international peace-building organisation Sarus, welcomed 10 Vietnamese students to Cambodia for the fourth year running.

The dialogue occurred in the wake of widespread anti-Vietnamese sentiment and even violence.

In February, 30 year-old Tran Van Chien, a Vietnamese-Cambodian man, was beaten to death by a Phnom Penh mob in a confrontation that one witness, using a term for Vietnamese seen by many as an epithet, described as “yuon . . . fighting Khmer”.

Last month, the government launched a census that many see as targeting the Vietnamese. At least a dozen have already been deported.

The exchange program, which organisers stress has no political agenda, has been conducted differently this year, said coordinator Heng Sokchannaroath, or Naroath.

For the past three years, Sarus staff have organised the events; this year, however, they brought the participants and interns into the decision-making process. After two weeks, 10 Cambodian students went back to Vietnam for the first time with them to work on service projects – including redecorating school classrooms – in poor villages.

The program attempts to combat prejudice by shaping the attitudes of the new generation, Naroath explained.

“Young students are the future leaders for the country, so they have a powerful voice,” she said in a coffee shop in Phnom Penh before this year’s exchange began. “They talk with their friends and share their experiences.”

The Vietnamese contingent spent two weeks in the country, working on community development projects in a Kandal province village that is home to many ethnic Vietnamese and Vietnamese immigrants. Their Cambodian counterparts joined them.

For many ethnic Vietnamese in Cambodia, life is a daily struggle to navigate a society that doesn’t accept them. Lack of citizenship means children can’t go to school. Their parents can’t buy land. Many families live on floating boat homes, where a lack of sanitation and heavy flooding during the rainy season bring disease.

“Many of them don’t have a birth certificate even if they were born in Cambodia; they don’t go to school; they’re not taken care of by the government; and even the public doesn’t pay much attention to them,” said Naroath, who hopes that Sarus will introduce a similar exchange program between Burmese and Bangladeshi people in the future.

Part of the tension stems from the recent history of occupation, Naroath explained. The Vietnamese presence from 1979 to 1989 still haunts the older generation, she said.

“They think Vietnamese people come to take over businesses. It’s because of history – they see it as an invasion of Cambodia by Vietnam,” she said.

But the root of the ethnic tension reaches back much further, all the way to the 17th century, when the Vietnamese began to push into Khmer territories in the Mekong Delta. In the 19th century, Vietnam invaded Cambodia and even occupied Phnom Penh under Emperor Minh Mang, who believed that the Khmer people were backward, Joel Brinkley writes in Cambodia’s Curse.

Only when King Norodom signed a treaty with the French Empire was Cambodia free of Vietnamese control – though even under the French Protectorate, many labourers and civil servants were Vietnamese, stoking embittered feelings.

When the Vietnamese came in 1979, they kicked out the Khmer Rouge, a regime whose polices had killed nearly 1.7 million people. But they weren’t welcomed as liberators for long.

“During this period, Vietnam attempted to introduce Vietnamese culture in the country, which Cambodians resisted,” said Kok-Thay Eng, director of research at the Documentation Center of Cambodia (DC-Cam), adding that the loss of Kampuchea Krom decades earlier had already raised tensions.

Today, he said, many Cambodians feel that their jobs are under threat from Vietnamese immigrants. Others hold them responsible for illegal logging and overfishing. “Cambodian people also think that large Vietnamese companies collude with local businessmen and politicians to mine, overfish and to steal tourist money from Cambodia,” he explained.

A core part of Sarus’s attempt to counter these attitudes is the production of a body of research on Vietnamese people in Cambodia.

For the past three years, these have been presented in the form of research papers.

The research this year will result in a short documentary film, that will be screened later this month. Most of the documentary was filmed in the Kandal village and focuses on how Vietnamese and ethnic Vietnamese people go about their daily lives.

The director, Porchhay Seng, 23, a student of International Studies at the Institute for Foreign Languages, said he applied for the exchange because of his passion for short films and working in the community.

He admitted that before he began the exchange, he shared the view that Vietnamese people came to Cambodia with an ulterior motive. “Sometimes I thought maybe there was some kind of secret agenda with them coming, because we have a lot of experience of losing our territory,” he said. “But now I know that’s not true.”

The stereotypes move in both directions.

Phantran Hong Tram, 20, lives and studies at a university in Ho Chi Minh City. July’s visit was her first to Cambodia, and on the first day of the exchange, she explained that some Vietnamese people think
of Cambodians as practitioners of magic – and suppliers of love potions.

“For example if you love someone, you can come to Cambodia and ask for some leaves for that person to drink, and then they will love you too,” she said.

“Because of this belief, Vietnamese people feel scared and are afraid of communicating with Cambodians. People are afraid of difference. But it’s wrong: we have to be friendly and feel free to make friends.”

'Out of 20 of my friends, 17 hate the Vietnamese', Post Weekend, Phnom Penh Post

Last edited:
In 1852, James Logan a ethno-linguistic thought the modern Vietnamese language was Austroasiatic he called it Môn Anam. In 1905, another linguist named W. Schmidt thought it was Môn Khmer, but then changed his mind and said it had to be Tai-Kadai. In 1912, Henri Maspéro also agreed and placed it with Tai-Kadai. But in 1952, Andre Haudricourt placed the Vietnamese language back into the Austro-Asiatic group again. It was not until 1975 a linguist name Paul Benedict decided that the old groupings didn’t work, so he proposed to combine the Tai-Kadai and Austro-Asiatic into one grouping called Proto-Austro-Tai. This is because Vietnamese didn’t fit in either one, having features found in both. But that still left the other two groupings Austronesian and Sino-Tibetan. They proposed a new name, "Austric" to combine all four language groups into one so that the single language would have a placement. This single language came out of the Hòa Bình culture, which eventually evolved into the Việt culture and encompasses the written Văn Khoa Đẩu script known as the Proto-Việt Muong language.

Today, Vietnamese is a monosyllabic tonal language like Cantonese and has lost many Proto-Austroasiatic phonological and morphological features. Vietnamese also has large stocks of borrowed Chinese and Tai vocabulary. However, there continues to be resistance to the idea that Vietnamese could be more closely related to Khmer than to Chinese or the Tai languages. Nevertheless, the vast majority of Western & Vietnamese scholars consider these typological similarities to be due to language contact rather than common genetic inheritance.

Its already genetically proven that Kinh Vietnamese are admixture of Tai Kadai & Austro-Asiatic tribes & Han

0b9b8d714566edea3954827c018a3c88.jpg

03= Han
C3c= Mongolian
02b= Some argue its a distinct NEA trait / SEA trait migrated into the north
C1& D2 = Jomons and Ainu
02a= Native gene from South East Asia

mtdna-yap-haplogroups1.png

I'm not sure what the Y-DNA Haplogroup is for Cambodians and Thais. I imagine both would have very high 02a but with Thai being a subgroup of Tai ethnic and overtime mix with Han Chinese & Mon Khmer ethnics it would have 03 dna but still much less than the Vietnamese.@somsak

leaders-of-ho-chi-minh-city-with-cambodian-students-and-pupils-who-are-studying-in-vietnam-photo-thanh-vu-vna-473705-28-6td10baoanh2862012142543972-512x341.jpg

(L) Cambodian (R) Vietnamese

Sat, 6 September 2014
Emily Wight

'Out of 20 of my friends, 17 people hate the Vietnamese,” says Tep Afril, a 22-year-old IT student at the University of Cambodia.

In the group of young people gathered around him, another admits to once believing that the Vietnamese had a “secret agenda”.

Many also mention the widespread belief that the Vietnamese who work in Cambodia are here to “invade”, as their military did in 1979, pushing out the Khmer Rouge and staying for 10 years.

Afril describes the perception – which he does not share – with a candour unusual for such a sensitive subject. “In Cambodia, we have a bad stereotype of Vietnamese people.”

His tolerant attitude is what Sarus Exchange Programme, which organised the bridge-building project between Cambodians and ethnic Vietnamese, is striving for.

In July, the program, run by international peace-building organisation Sarus, welcomed 10 Vietnamese students to Cambodia for the fourth year running.

The dialogue occurred in the wake of widespread anti-Vietnamese sentiment and even violence.

In February, 30 year-old Tran Van Chien, a Vietnamese-Cambodian man, was beaten to death by a Phnom Penh mob in a confrontation that one witness, using a term for Vietnamese seen by many as an epithet, described as “yuon . . . fighting Khmer”.

Last month, the government launched a census that many see as targeting the Vietnamese. At least a dozen have already been deported.

The exchange program, which organisers stress has no political agenda, has been conducted differently this year, said coordinator Heng Sokchannaroath, or Naroath.

For the past three years, Sarus staff have organised the events; this year, however, they brought the participants and interns into the decision-making process. After two weeks, 10 Cambodian students went back to Vietnam for the first time with them to work on service projects – including redecorating school classrooms – in poor villages.

The program attempts to combat prejudice by shaping the attitudes of the new generation, Naroath explained.

“Young students are the future leaders for the country, so they have a powerful voice,” she said in a coffee shop in Phnom Penh before this year’s exchange began. “They talk with their friends and share their experiences.”

The Vietnamese contingent spent two weeks in the country, working on community development projects in a Kandal province village that is home to many ethnic Vietnamese and Vietnamese immigrants. Their Cambodian counterparts joined them.

For many ethnic Vietnamese in Cambodia, life is a daily struggle to navigate a society that doesn’t accept them. Lack of citizenship means children can’t go to school. Their parents can’t buy land. Many families live on floating boat homes, where a lack of sanitation and heavy flooding during the rainy season bring disease.

“Many of them don’t have a birth certificate even if they were born in Cambodia; they don’t go to school; they’re not taken care of by the government; and even the public doesn’t pay much attention to them,” said Naroath, who hopes that Sarus will introduce a similar exchange program between Burmese and Bangladeshi people in the future.

Part of the tension stems from the recent history of occupation, Naroath explained. The Vietnamese presence from 1979 to 1989 still haunts the older generation, she said.

“They think Vietnamese people come to take over businesses. It’s because of history – they see it as an invasion of Cambodia by Vietnam,” she said.

But the root of the ethnic tension reaches back much further, all the way to the 17th century, when the Vietnamese began to push into Khmer territories in the Mekong Delta. In the 19th century, Vietnam invaded Cambodia and even occupied Phnom Penh under Emperor Minh Mang, who believed that the Khmer people were backward, Joel Brinkley writes in Cambodia’s Curse.

Only when King Norodom signed a treaty with the French Empire was Cambodia free of Vietnamese control – though even under the French Protectorate, many labourers and civil servants were Vietnamese, stoking embittered feelings.

When the Vietnamese came in 1979, they kicked out the Khmer Rouge, a regime whose polices had killed nearly 1.7 million people. But they weren’t welcomed as liberators for long.

“During this period, Vietnam attempted to introduce Vietnamese culture in the country, which Cambodians resisted,” said Kok-Thay Eng, director of research at the Documentation Center of Cambodia (DC-Cam), adding that the loss of Kampuchea Krom decades earlier had already raised tensions.

Today, he said, many Cambodians feel that their jobs are under threat from Vietnamese immigrants. Others hold them responsible for illegal logging and overfishing. “Cambodian people also think that large Vietnamese companies collude with local businessmen and politicians to mine, overfish and to steal tourist money from Cambodia,” he explained.

A core part of Sarus’s attempt to counter these attitudes is the production of a body of research on Vietnamese people in Cambodia.

For the past three years, these have been presented in the form of research papers.

The research this year will result in a short documentary film, that will be screened later this month. Most of the documentary was filmed in the Kandal village and focuses on how Vietnamese and ethnic Vietnamese people go about their daily lives.

The director, Porchhay Seng, 23, a student of International Studies at the Institute for Foreign Languages, said he applied for the exchange because of his passion for short films and working in the community.

He admitted that before he began the exchange, he shared the view that Vietnamese people came to Cambodia with an ulterior motive. “Sometimes I thought maybe there was some kind of secret agenda with them coming, because we have a lot of experience of losing our territory,” he said. “But now I know that’s not true.”

The stereotypes move in both directions.

Phantran Hong Tram, 20, lives and studies at a university in Ho Chi Minh City. July’s visit was her first to Cambodia, and on the first day of the exchange, she explained that some Vietnamese people think
of Cambodians as practitioners of magic – and suppliers of love potions.

“For example if you love someone, you can come to Cambodia and ask for some leaves for that person to drink, and then they will love you too,” she said.

“Because of this belief, Vietnamese people feel scared and are afraid of communicating with Cambodians. People are afraid of difference. But it’s wrong: we have to be friendly and feel free to make friends.”

'Out of 20 of my friends, 17 hate the Vietnamese', Post Weekend, Phnom Penh Post

@Huan ....that's an example of what I'm talking about. :toast_sign:
:chilli:

Oh I see. But I don'hink there is any territory dispute between Cambodia and Vietnam that can cause major tensions today.

They do have territorial dispute bro. And yes the Cambodians i met in Cambodia hate Vietnam to the core just like the Vietnamese hate the Chinese. Small countries always tend to have issues with their much bigger /powerful neighbours. Just like Poland despises Russia /Germany, Armenian despise turkey etc :D

Thailand won a war with France !!!. You are really big joker. Thailand didn't lost independence in the past is another story.

Oh man. Independence is earned, and definitely not a wild fruit that grow by itself.

While Vietnamese are colonized, Thai have navy compose of surface ship like below, and submarines.
While Vietnamese are colonized, Thai have Air force with air planes.
While Vietnamese are colonized, Thai have Artiilery.
While Vietnamese are colonized, Thai have rifles.

siamesecover.jpg

Read Below. When Thai won French Indo China 3 provinces.
Addition: Navy battle
while Vietnamese are colonized, we have this
HTMS_Tonburi_4_days_before_fight.jpg

Battle of Ko Chang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

show Thai Submarine force
14303930201430397379l.jpg

Franco-Thai War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Franco-Thai War
End Result: Siamese Victory. Three northern provinces signed by peace treaty.

While Vietnamese and Cambodian people still under colonial rules, Thailand has
- Air force
- Navy
- artillery
- Rifles

664px-Provinces_of_Cambodia_loss_to_Thailand_during_Franco-Thai_War.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom