What's new

C-130J crashes in Gwalior

It is total sabotage for sure, first navy, then air force. I do not believe that maintenance could be this much flawed? They talked about Russian weapons, now this is a US aircraft. The technical espionage and sabotage has penetrated deep into our military. Alert Situation!!

Brand new or not .. they crashed a C130.
An aircraft which is capable of gliding down to land and stable as a rock.

Bravo India.
Seriously mate there was a time when i used to laugh at the Pakistani posters when they told me that the average I.A.F. pilots were poorly trained but now i am seriously thinking whether they were correct in their assessment on the I.A.F.!!
There is so much wrong with this post that I'm not sure where to begin.

1) Nobody has blamed the aircraft as of yet. But in military aviation, there are a thousand factors that can go wrong - design flaw in the aircraft, component failure of any one of the tens of thousands of components and subcomponents, weather conditions, pilot error, sloppy SOP, sabotage, bird hits, short circuit leading to a fire in a critical component, Foreign Object Damage...there are far too many reasons for a plane to crash. It is not always a simple either-blame-the-plane-or-the-pilot situation. These are complex machines, not like a motor car or dishwasher. The best answer to what went wrong is "we don't know", until it can be conclusively established - if that ever happens.

2) The next statement is just plain wrong. The crash rate of the IAF is comparable to that of any other air force, given its size and number of sorties and average age of the fleet. The USAF and USN have crashed several times more aircrafts than the IAF in peacetime, which is not surprising since their size is several times larger and so is the number of flying hours. However, note that the aircrafts of the USAF and USN are usually only half as old as that of the IAF; and yet, they have crashed thousands of F-teens alone, not to mention other jets.

As for pilot training, the IAF usually gives more hours in operational combat jets than other air forces in the region. Check out the average training hours put in by an MKI pilot, for example.

Maybe it is, maybe it's not. We cannot know until investigations are completed.
Mate i can understand why you are defending the I.A.F. personnel.I am also a proud Indian and love my country but it sickens me when i see incident like this caused by our pilots.P.A.F. has also known to fly decades old aircraft but their crash rate is minimal when compared with the I.A.F.Now don't say that an average P.A.F. pilot doesn't fly as many hours as an I.A.F. pilot does.They are an extremely capable and professional force unlike the I.A.F. who are crashing aircrafts now and then and then making silly excuses rather than finding their own faults...

Woke up with this news, totally posed off mood. RIP to brave souls.

its like giving kids something new and they dont know how to use it ... they used russian technology throughout their history now suddenly they have to deal with these american modern equipment it will take some time before they get use to it ...
Like they are better used to Russian equip! Remember the subs :enjoy:

The Gwalior ATC reportedly said that the aircraft caught fire while airborne. An engine flameout, likely caused by birdhit, could be a plausible reason.
even a passanger aircraft can fly after a bird hit in most of the cases, it is proven military aircraft. I doubt, it is something else.

C-130J.JPG
C-130J+Hindan.jpg

Mate i can understand why you are defending the I.A.F. personnel.I am also a proud Indian and love my country but it sickens me when i see incident like this caused by our pilots.P.A.F. has also known to fly decades old aircraft but their crash rate is minimal when compared with the I.A.F.Now don't say that an average P.A.F. pilot doesn't fly as many hours as an I.A.F. pilot does.They are an extremely capable and professional force unlike the I.A.F. who are crashing aircrafts now and then and then making silly excuses rather than finding their own faults...

Make no mistake about this - I am NOT defending IAF because I am an Indian or because I love India. I am doing it because the facts speak for themselves, and I mentioned those facts in my previous posts. I will not let a sense of patriotism or nationalism cloud my judgement of what is factually true or untrue. An average PAF pilot may fly as many hours as an avge IAF pilot, but the total number of hours flown by IAF is far larger, because it is a larger air force. Hence more number of accidents as well. Same thing in a comparison with the USAF or USN, both of which are much larger air forces than the IAF. That is why you should look at the crash per flying hour, and not absolute number of crashes alone. And to give an even better picture, also take airframe life into account. (On average, not for this crash alone.)

Which statement of mine or that of the IAF did you find to be "silly excuses", as you put it?

Seriously mate there was a time when i used to laugh at the Pakistani posters when they told me that the average I.A.F. pilots were poorly trained but now i am seriously thinking whether they were correct in their assessment on the I.A.F.!!

I agree to you, but I take it as more of a sabotage. First navy now air force. Something is fishy. So many accidents consecutively cannot happen.

now ou can say its news . you guys make c-130j news everyday with out real news. RIP to dead i think its must be pilot error .

How patronizing. Of course, the fact that the very same american plane crashed and killed your country's entire military leadership/dictatorial junta won't diminish the frequency of these remarks, will it?

Yes thts a mystery... the investigation was f... ! zia had alot of enemies internal n external... books were written n the aircraft was a brand new one either...

indian still did not have sufficient crew for highly advance aircraft
For You Knowledge Iaf Operates more Advanced Planes than C-130j Hercules Take eg C-17 Globe Master III,Il-78MKI,A-50EI (Il-76) . There are thousand reasons A Plane Can Crash.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom