What's new

BVR capabilities of PAF

I believe ROSE (retrofit of strike element) was meant to provide night capability for ground attack. H2 and H4 are stand off percision ground attack (glide) bombs,not missiles.

jawadqamar, very interesting article.

I completely agree as the Mirage ROSE-1 program was initiated for the purpose of equipping the PAF mirage with limited BVRAAM capabilities.

A good Documentary from Russia with Su capability , R77 range in 60s km (less than SD-10), its the R73 which outrages western 3rd gen short range missiles like aim 9m and L series .
R27 is semi active and not that impressive but longer range.

Su-27 The best fighter in the world (Part 4/4) - YouTube

Range depends on altitude and the speed of aircraft who is launching it.

R-77 has 80km range on cruising altitudes head on interception... similar to SD-10.
RVV-SD/R-77M is said to be having range of above 110km on cruising altitude head on interception.

The Figures can go drastically down depending on the angle, altitude, speed and approach of target aircraft.

Again completely wrong Agat provides both 9B-1103K active seekers for R-27EA/A and semi active 9B-1101K seekers for R-27EP/P and then there are Avtomatika 9B-1032 infrared homing seekers too.

Agat-9B-1103M-150-AS.jpg

It can detect 5m2 targets at 15km to reach the target on its own.

And I don't understand why some senior members deliberately create confusion among Pakistani posters... please tell me how can PAF get a Aim120C7 missile when It has asked for Aim120C5 and allowed the same by US-Foreign military sales.

Both C5 and C7 are different missiles with different version of active seeker and different rocket motors C7 range exceeds 110km head on at altitude while the maximum C5 can go is 105km in best conditions against approaching target.

Oranges won't become apple If you keep repeating Apple every time.

250 rounds have been delivered.
all 500 rounds of the AIM-120C5/7 have also been delivered.

The Chinese and the PAF personnel are also working on certain avionics integration with the Western platform (as has the PAF done before with Mirages and F-16's, using American and French vis-a-vs electronic pods, etc). So JFT in the future will offer plug and play capability for French and American BVR's too. That's just bound to happen. Knowing the Middle Eastern market that the Chinese are after, they have to provide Western weapon capability in addition to just the Chinese option for their product to be more marketable

I read somewhere on the forum about BVR missiles on the F7PG. Cant find where. Anyone has any info regarding that. Or any plans to integrate western/chinese BVRs with the Grifo radar? Thanks.

its for PAF to know which of its aircraft are BVR capable and its adversaries to guess which ones are or not, that is why PAF will never release pics of its aircraft will full weapons capabilities.

I read somewhere on the forum about BVR missiles on the F7PG. Cant find where. Anyone has any info regarding that. Or any plans to integrate western/chinese BVRs with the Grifo radar? Thanks.
Remember, these aircraft (PG) were delivered in middle of hostilities with India.....not to fire sidewinder type rounds....as we already had that capability.

Range depends on altitude and the speed of aircraft who is launching it.

R-77 has 80km range on cruising altitudes head on interception... similar to SD-10.
RVV-SD/R-77M is said to be having range of above 110km on cruising altitude head on interception.

The Figures can go drastically down depending on the angle, altitude, speed and approach of target aircraft.

Again completely wrong Agat provides both 9B-1103K active seekers for R-27EA/A and semi active 9B-1101K seekers for R-27EP/P and then there are Avtomatika 9B-1032 infrared homing seekers too.

Agat-9B-1103M-150-AS.jpg

It can detect 5m2 targets at 15km to reach the target on its own.

And I don't understand why some senior members deliberately create confusion among Pakistani posters... please tell me how can PAF get a Aim120C7 missile when It has asked for Aim120C5 and allowed the same by US-Foreign military sales.

Both C5 and C7 are different missiles with different version of active seeker and different rocket motors C7 range exceeds 110km head on at altitude while the maximum C5 can go is 105km in best conditions against approaching target.

Oranges won't become apple If you keep repeating Apple every time.

upgrades are allowed....

its for PAF to know which of its aircraft are BVR capable and its adversaries to guess which ones are or not, that is why PAF will never release pics of its aircraft will full weapons capabilities.
How you people marketing your JF17 without revealing its full wepon capabilities??

Back
Top Bottom