What's new

Bulleh Shah | Neither am I virtuous nor a sinner.

I'm not trying to pick fights or anything:), but I do kinda find it funny when non muslims post sufi poems of saints in which they refuse to label themselves in a particular religion while totally ignoring the saints other works in which they explain the beauty of Islam and the deep understanding of tasawwuf.
Again I don't want to fight or start a religious debate. Just thinking out loud. @Aeronaut Thanks for those wonderful poems.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also Arain Chaudhary.

Culture has always emanated from Pakistani territories from within our communities since history began.

We developed linguistics, architecture, spirituality, morals, ethics, everything.

Indians do not have the capability to add progression to their way of life, we do and they fed off us. Still do to a certain extent.

We are truly blessed with a diverse culture rich in history and heritage.

I'm not trying to pick fights or anything:), but I do kinda find it funny when non muslims post sufi poems of saints in which they refuse to label themselves in a particular religion while totally ignoring the saints other works in which they explain the beauty of Islam and the deep understanding of tasawwuf.
Again I don't want to fight or start a religious debate. Just thinking out loud. @Aeronaut Thanks for those wonderful poems.

Finally something we agree on. :D

A lot of these times the poems are metaphorical in nature but they do not realize it. :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also Arain Chaudhary.

Culture has always emanated from Pakistani s, architecture, spirituality, morals, ethics, everything.

Indians do not have the capability to add progression to their way of life, we do and they fed off us. Still do to a certain extent.

We are truly blessed with a diverse culture rich in history and heritage.
What else u can expect that evil yindoo can offer to u than ur beloved title Chaudhary which is Sanskrit word is borrowed by u pure muslim.....

Even sikhs use the word Raab which is arabic, and also aramaic.

But now Indian Punjabis are all Bhappas. :lol:

These Hindutvas on PDF get shocked when they learn that Hindi/Indian punjabi have 70% Arabic/persian words. :lol:

Don't blame the bhartee, he is ignorant.

Faislabadi accent of Punjabi is by far the funniest.

You obviously haven't come across 'watt wattee' Punjabi from Sargodha area.

I had the honour of attending Urs of Baba Bulleh (Abdullah) Shah during my student days in the early 60’s. Till then time his tomb was still outside the city of Kasur. He is definitely one of the greatest Punjabi poets of all time. I especially like his poems “ ilmon bus karin o yaar” & "Chalo Bullehyaa othey chaliyey jithhay saarey annhey".

Despite being a devout Muslim and a Sufi of the Qadri order; he was a symbol of love and peace for all. He is the kind of human being that is actually more than “human” and thus the kind of person that I truly admire.

In addition to the Sikhs, I have also come across Punjabi Hindus who admire and respect Bulleh Shah

do pakistanis even appreciate this guy? why is that we have made religion such a tool for these mullahs?

These Hindutvas on PDF get shocked when they learn that Hindi/Indian punjabi have 70% Arabic/persian words. :lol:

What about Urdu and other Pakistani languages which borrow so much from Persian --- the language invented by the pagan Zoroastrians who much later converted into Islam and which is the language of Iranian Shias who are considered as heretics by majority Sunni Muslim Pakistan and Arabs???

Why did the earliest converts into Islam retain the older languages like Persian, Arabic etc. of the non-Muslims and not invent a new language altogether?? Since when did inventing an all new language become so difficult?

I will give you an example. Which law in the world says that "man" means only human. The word can be used for cheese, wine, beer, soap etc. in any new language.

What about the very colorful sex lives of so many of who knows how many Muslim Sufis, the so-called saints??? Not all Muslim sufis were good or humane or lived a life of purity if you read the recorded history.

What about Urdu and other Pakistani languages which borrow so much from Persian --- the language invented by the pagan Zoroastrians who much later converted into Islam and which is the language of Iranian Shias who are considered as heretics by majority Sunni Muslim Pakistan and Arabs???

Why did the earliest converts into Islam retain the older languages like Persian, Arabic etc. of the non-Muslims and not invent a new language altogether?? Since when did inventing an all new language become so difficult?

I will give you an example. Which law in the world says that "man" means only human. The word can be used for cheese, wine, beer, soap etc. in any new language.

What about the very colorful sex lives of so many of who knows how many Muslim Sufis, the so-called saints??? Not all Muslim sufis were good or humane or lived a life of purity if you read the recorded history.

Baniya you cant be that dumb? Anyway no one denies persian/arabic influence on urdu, its only baniyas like you who get shocked when they learn they still use languages imposed by foreign invaders.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom