What's new

Bulleh Shah | Neither am I virtuous nor a sinner.

555396_644131242285735_1312524088_n.jpg

I'm not trying to pick fights or anything:), but I do kinda find it funny when non muslims post sufi poems of saints in which they refuse to label themselves in a particular religion while totally ignoring the saints other works in which they explain the beauty of Islam and the deep understanding of tasawwuf.
Again I don't want to fight or start a religious debate. Just thinking out loud.

Whats funny here? People like the message in that work, thats it. There is no need for us to like everything a person says, is that how you guys approach the world???

Certainly the mystical, romantic, humane message of sufis is well appreciated, irrespective of the fact that the same sufi in other works may have declared islam the only truth and others false and blah blah blah blah. Why will we appreciate or accept such supremacist rubbish??? OTOH why would we mind if someone just describes the beauty of islam? If anyone its the wahhabis who seem to mind. Come to sufi shrines in India and you will find thousands of Hindu devotees too.

I've seen pakistanis extremely selectively quote Iqbal, have you not?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom