What's new

Bulleh Shah | Neither am I virtuous nor a sinner.

Even sikhs use the word Raab which is arabic, and also aramaic.

But now Indian Punjabis are all Bhappas. :lol:

Sikre ne toh Punjabi musalmano noun apne kitaba vich vii dalraka ve.
Baba Farid

Pakistani punjabi don't speak hindi with punjabi, ask the sardarni.

not again! Both hindi and urdu are the same language except for few loan words and loan words dont alter the basic structure,syntax,grammar of a language.anyway we debated this so many times leave it.
My understanding from the observation of how fluently the punjabis speak hindi is that punjabi might just be a dialect of hindi(let us not get into which is older).all i want to know is do rural and illiterate ppl speak hindi as fluently?

not again! Both hindi and urdu are the same language except for few loan words and loan words dont alter the basic structure,syntax,grammar of a language.anyway we debated this so many times leave it.
My understanding from the observation of how fluently the punjabis speak hindi is that punjabi might just be a dialect of hindi(let us not get into which is older).all i want to know is do rural and illiterate ppl speak hindi as fluently?

No they speak urdu and would give a blank stare if you spoke to them in Hindi unless you acknowledged you were Indian.

i asked a ques regarding the closeness of punjabi and hindi and no punjabi here is willing to answer.shame on u punjabis.you ask a south indian anything abt his language and see how happily he answers ur ques.that is called taking pride in ur identity.

Read this.
Shauraseni language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course you know this while sitting over in Tamil nadu. :lol:

I can even recognize anybody's gali-Muhalla with his Hindi/Urdu accent. :lol:

I can even recognize anybody's gali-Muhalla with his Hindi/Urdu accent. :lol:

ML8BZC4.jpg

Its difficult to distinguish between Pakistani Urdu with Punjabi accent or Pakistani Punjabi. :lol:

musharaf,a mohajir ,also speaks in punjabi accent.anyway a language like hindi which is spoken in a wide area tend to have diff accents which sometimes the speakers of that language itself may find it difficult to comprehend each other.

'Parh parh aalim faazil hoyo kadi apne aap nu parheya hi nai
Ja ja andar mandar maseetaa kadi man apne vich varheya hi nai
Aiwein roz shaitan naal larhda kaddi nafs apne naal larheya hi nai
Bulleh Shah asmaani urhdi pharda, jerha ghar bettha onhon pharheya hi nai'

@dravidianhero Punjabi is a regional language, and people who speak Punjabi have to learn some Hindi too, or at least get exposure to Hindi through TV, movies etc. On the other hand, people who speak Hindi may not get the same exposure to Punjabi if they are not living in a Punjabi speaking area. Moreover, Hindi speaking people often have difficulty understanding us when the topic gets more complicated. So it takes a while for the ear to get attuned to it.

Ex. Hindi--Mein khud le aata hoon.
Punjabi--Mein aapi le aawanga.

(both mean I will bring it myself).

You can see the verb endings are different and vocabulary is sometimes different too (khud vs aapi). But the word for self "mein" and the verb "le" is same.

The words are similar, but not same. I would say it's like the difference between Swedish and Danish. Definitely different languages, but with a large overlap in vocabularies. Order of words is the same, but pronouns and verb endings are different.

Last edited by a moderator:
RazPak trying to claim all the heritage, classical example of searching for an Identity :D

RazPak trying to claim all the heritage, classical example of searching for an Identity :D

You have no heritage yindoo.

Whereas Bulleh Shah's murshid was Arain Chaudhry.

Tank u, come again.

Back
Top Bottom