What's new

Bukhari calls stir anti-Islam, tells Muslims to stay away

Status
Not open for further replies.
can this one guy(imam) command all millions of Indian muslims???
They too have brain to think..they are free ,they are independent to think or else they don't have???

..............??

Forget Bukhari...Majority of Indian Muslims seems to support the movement

With few reservations, Muslims support Anna Hazare’s fast for Jan Lokpal

By Md. Ali, TwoCircles.net,

New Delhi: Only saying that Indian Muslims support Anna Hazare’s crusade for Jan Lokpal or they don’t favor the anti-corruption movement because of its alleged RSS links, would be, not only being unfair to Muslims, it would also be ignoring the fact that Anna’s indefinite fast demanding from the government, to pass only his Jan Lokpal Bill, has divided the community at several levels and has provoked a heated debate in the Muslim civil society.

Interestingly that debate among Muslims over Anna’s struggle is characterized by strong and diverse opinions, devoid of any consensus, probably representing a community which is as diverse as India.

Those who disagree with Anna Hazare and his ways to conduct the protest against anti-corruption, say that there are serious questions to be answered by the leaders of this movement, regarding the implications of his struggle for Jan Lokpal on the larger issues of parliamentary democracy and democratic rights.

6067785714_fa5ac27432.jpg

Talking about the support to Anna’s cause of anti-corruption in the Muslim community, one may not be sure about Muslims in the rural India or those from lower classes; but overall, it won’t be wrong to say, that a large section of techno-savvy Muslim middle class, supports the cause of anti-corruption led by Anna Hazare.

Come to Batla House Chowk, a locality in Muslim dominated suburb of the Indian capital city of Delhi, which ironically reminds one of the “fake encounter” of two Muslim boys by the Delhi police and you will find bill boards in support of Anna Hazare’s campaign all over. Interestingly it’s not the sensitive idea of Vande Mataram, which could have created a controversy in the community, but “Jai Hind” which is written on those bill boards.

Nusrat Hussain, a law researcher in Delhi High Court, thinks that the entire country, including Indian Muslims need to support Anna, precisely because corruption is some thing which affects all, irrespective of class or caste. She also argues that questioning the legitimacy of this anti-corruption crusade just because it’s a middle class movement and it doesn’t fit into the prototype of working class led “proletariat revolution,” is wrong.

“Name me a one single working class movement in India, which had the sway like this one and which influenced the Union government of that time, in the way Anna led this movement against corruption did,” asks Hussian.

Taking this love of Muslim middle class for Anna’s cause, in account, several organizations like, Jamat-e-Islami Hind and the Welfare Party of India, have also extended their support with certain reservations, to Anna’s movement for Jan Lokpal.

Symbolism to attract Muslims

This time Team Anna has understood the importance of symbolism in attracting the Muslim community towards his movement as compared to his last fast which had attracted criticism for its invitation of Hindutva activists like Sadhwi Ritambhara.

There has been a perception that Muslims have been left out from Anna’s crusade or the struggle for the Jan Lokpal, doesn’t have the vital support of the Muslim community- an accusation which the Congress has repeatedly been highlighting in the media to discredit the popular anti-corruption movement.

In order to counter the allegations of Muslim hostility, team Anna has taken a series of steps. On Saturday in a very important symbolic gesture, a mass Iftaar (the ritual of breaking of fast) was organized, which also highlighted the fact that Muslims are joining the campaign.

6067268501_7f949a850f.jpg

The Iftaar was also an attempt to draw a parallel between the fast for moral purification as practiced by Muslims during the ongoing month of Ramzan and the “indefinite” fast by Anna which is being portrayed as an attempt to purge the corruption out of the country.

In another symbolic step, every day you will find one or more Muslim representatives, in some cases with skull cap, on stage, extending their solidarity and appealing from their fellow Muslims to join the movement.

But it’s not to say that there are no opponents of Anna. A section of the Muslim civil society thinks that Hindu Right wing groups like RSS and its cadre base, are the back bone of Anna’s movement as the Hindutva volunteers are providing the manpower back up to Hazare’s campaign for the Jan Lokpal.

Disturbed at RSS links
Faisal Khan, a prominent member of the National Alliance for People’s Movement (NAPM) says that, it would be extremely dangerous for the future of the country if through Anna Hazare and his team-mates, the fascist forces like RSS, get to hold the country to ransom. “Soon similar tactics would be used to campaign for Hindutva causes,” Khan writes, in a letter to PM Manmohan Singh, expressing his fear about the “RSS backed” Anna movement.

A section of the community, which sees Saffron volunteers at Ramleela ground attending Anna’s protest rally in huge numbers, is uncomfortable with Anna because of his reported RSS links and his past praise for Narendra Modi for his developmental works in Gujarat. In expressing their sense of unease with Anna, they also betray their existential hostility, for apparently expected reasons, towards RSS and the BJP.

6067792658_a0cb458803.jpg

Few Muslim civil society representatives understand the power of Anna phenomenon and its potential to get the Congress led UPA government, bow down before its demands, which is what disturbs them the most. “Opportunistic elements are trying to ride to power on an Anna wave like they did on the Jaya Prakash Narayan bandwagon in 1977,” as Manzoor Alam, secretary general of Milli Council writes in an article titled, “Anarchy is not the option.”

Needs Muslim Participation

As opposed to Dr. Alam, there is a section of Muslim intelligentsia, which wants more and more participation from the Muslim community because it thinks that active Muslim participation will deter any attempt by the fascists to sabotage the movement along with the secular activists

Shahidur Rashid Talukdar, a research scholar at Texas Tech University, USA, says that it is through involvement with such processes, which concern the interest of the entire nation, Indian Muslim can integrate with the country. Otherwise, Muslims can never get rid of the “Left Out” syndrome and their mainstreaming will remain a mere dream. When India stands, Muslims should wake up and join the chorus, else Muslims will have to continue being on the margin of the Indian society.

Muslims may join Anna or they may disagree with him, as many in the civil society in the country do, but the best thing happening this time around is, that there is a healthy debate going on this issue. One just hopes that the better sense prevails.

This shows where the fault lies. its RSS and other saffronis who care cause for concern and Muslims in general are NOT against this graft bill but against hijacking of Anna's movement by Saffron Brigade

I completed my schooling in Christian Missionary Schools and every week in the school assembly we sing Vandae Matharam, & other Patriot Songs in regional languages. One time even we sang an Assamese Song. No Muslim student raised any objection to singing Vandae Matharam as no Hindu student raised any objection in ending the daily prayer in 'Am-an'. Only when I came outside the school I came across the controversy surrounding the Vandae Matharam Song, which frankly I find ridiculous.

This shows where the fault lies. its RSS and other saffronis who care cause for concern and Muslims in general are NOT against this graft bill but against hijacking of Anna's movement by Saffron Brigade

No no,ur wrong..actually those muslims there are paid a lakh rupees per 2 hours so they are there and holding indian flag...
So u can calm down n let them earn some money... :cheers:

There are other ways to salute your nation... Be secular and use secular terms.

Anna's drive is hijacked by Saffron Brigade and using it against Congress so its hard to see secular slogans

Anna's drive is hijacked by Saffron Brigade and using it against Congress so its hard to see secular slogans

It's all drama to bring BJP in power. BJP doesn't want to lose the elections this time.

I completed my schooling in Christian Missionary Schools and every week in the school assembly we sing Vandae Matharam, & other Patriot Songs in regional languages. One time even we sang an Assamese Song. No Muslim student raised any objection to singing Vandae Matharam as no Hindu student raised any objection in ending the daily prayer in 'Am-an'. Only when I came outside the school I came across the controversy surrounding the Vandae Matharam Song, which frankly I find ridiculous.

Why Indian Hindus need to read or sing something that is considered based on Hindu religious beliefs.

Why dont you just sing Indian Anthem as the normal practice in Schools?

Syed Ahmed Bukhari says:

"Islam does not condone the worship of the nation or land."

Now where in the Quran has this been mentioned? I'll eat my Mexican hat if this is the case!

A Muslim worships no one but God, not his parents or his motherland.

I am sure Muslims can launch their personal agitation in support of Anna. They can even sing Muslim songs. That should work for everyone. Happy now?

---------- Post added at 05:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 AM ----------

A Muslim worships no one but God, not his parents or his motherland.

Yet Muslim countries are stirring Palestinians to get back their "motherland"? I am confused.

Secular slogans ? Have you been to the rally sitting in Pakistan ?

Do you even know what slogans were used in the rally ?

I know you cannot support anything good for any country , but atleast it's unwise to comment on stuff you are unaware of ....

Why Indian Hindus need to read or sing something that is considered based on Hindu religious beliefs.

Why dont you just sing Indian Anthem as the normal practice in Schools?

No different from Muslims saying insha allah or allah hu akbar. Do you object to that too?

who is forcing muslims in India to chant what they think is against there religion ? pakistanis are getting excited for no matter. :lol:

beganni shaadi mein abdullah diwana

Who is forcing muslims to join this movement??
they are free to decide..no one is forcing them..

If they have some logic they will take their own decision ,if not they will listen to their imam n stay away from this...

this is democratic country ,and they decide themselves..... and this is secular country so no one is forcing them to shout vande matarm slogans.....

and wats ur problem by the way ?????

Cries like "har har mahadev" "Jo bole so nihaal,Sat sri akal" "Allah o Akbar" can be said to be religious or war cries but how is "Vande mataram" or "jai hind" religious?..I dont see how this can make us feel uncomfortable because there cant be anything more secular than this!..The Imam should be sent to the tribal regions of Islamic Pakistan..Maybe then he will get to see the real Islam..

Spare us patriotic Muslims trying to fight and stand up against Corruption by bringing up such petty and idiotic things..

We want a better country..not a land living in the age of the Holy Prophet PBUH!

HE is not saying that the nation isnot worth giving their souls for he simply said you cant worship them. Nothing wrong init. I wonder why are you burning along with the other so called freedom lovers who cant tolerate a statement from a man and resort to cheap tactics. Typical hypocrites.

he is saying religion is before nation and that is enough to make him a dumasss......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom