What's new

BUET beats IIT to become Asia West champion in Moscow programming contest

Few years back my university participated in underwater robotics competition . And one of IIT institute were in competition and they lost that competition . Our indian friends need to understand that IIT maybe big in India however there are other universities across the region which produces similar or higher level engineers . So no need to get defensive when you see IIT gets beaten in international competitions.

Attachments

• IMG_20211012_045947.jpg
    IMG_20211012_045947.jpg
    434.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20211012_050036.jpg
    IMG_20211012_050036.jpg
    666.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20211012_050131.jpg
    IMG_20211012_050131.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 38
Few years back my university participated in underwater robotics competition . And one of IIT institute were in competition and they lost that competition . Our indian friends need to understand that IIT maybe big in India however there are other universities across the region which produces similar or higher level engineers . So no need to get defensive when you see IIT gets beaten in international competitions.
That doesn't mean anything. I graduated from a Tier-2 university in India and there were occasions where even my university folks beat teams from IITs in certain competitions since not all teams have highly intellectual members...you need to realize IITs still do have the reservation system and the benchmark for someone from SC, ST or OBC candidate is significantly lower than general category students. Such students also end up participating in these competitions to put something in their resume

I imply nothing nor do I condone actions in certain Indian states you are referring to.
My only point is like a lot of Hindu bengalis already have and are doing, this folks defintely would have some relatives in India. And when they would, their migration would be easy and welcome! Thats it.

some well known bangladeshi members would actually agree with me regarding how well connected the hindu bengalis are across border and how their extended families are staying in both the countries.
Some more vile ones will even root for these folks to actually move to India for that very reason. Its only because their ilk have no one at thes guys level they are all here boot licking Hindu kids.

adding to that, you are part of the Ummah right?
So why the heart burn when Hindus celebrate and welcome their brethren? The border drawn a few kilometres here and there would have made me a Bangladeshi or these guys Indian.
Chances were I would have migrated to India and these folks would not have migrated to a Muslim majority state with a state religion of Islam. These are plain facts.
Would it be improvement for Bangladeshi Hindus to become angry and embittered like you. Why would they want to leave the homeland where their ancestries exist. That is irreplaceable.

Would it be improvement for Bangladeshi Hindus to become angry and embittered like you. Why would they want to leave the homeland where their ancestries exist. That is irreplaceable.

Oh I wouldn't worry about him and his Kolkata insecurities.

He is just projecting his malcontent attitude toward Bangladeshi Hindus.

Bangladeshi Hindus are doing fine in Bangladesh, they aren't going anywhere.

Oh I wouldn't worry about him and his Kolkata insecurities.

He is just projecting his malcontent attitude toward Bangladeshi Hindus.

Bangladeshi Hindus are doing fine in Bangladesh, they aren't going anywhere.
He is proud of the two Bangladeshi Hindus but not the Bangladeshi Muslim. That is disgraceful. Politics of religious divide.

He is proud of the two Bangladeshi Hindus but not the Bangladeshi Muslim. That is disgraceful. Politics of religious divide.

Sick narrow-minded Bhakt ideology/propaganda.

Some Hindus have bought the propaganda hook, line and sinker that Muslims have low IQ and only Hindus are brilliant and genius.

RSS Bhakts keep propagating these myths.

Like this Kolkata Bhakt was saying about that one Muslim kid that he was just "along for the sightseeing" and didn't know jack.

Genius and talent have zero to do with religion.

@jamahir Bhai, is this attitude just Kolkata Bhakt narrow-minded propaganda, or is it universal bhakt propaganda across India, more specifically maybe also in where you live in Andhra/Hyderabad?

Rankings vary wildly between sources. Some go by the total number of papers published. Others are much more critical (like the % of papers accepted in top journals). It's easy to pump out a lot of low-quality, unoriginal, and semi plagiarised research these days. Which automatically bump up your ranking under certain league tables, but not all (or most).

It's better than Bangladesh I'll give you that, but not in the same league as the top Universities in India. To their credit, they've achieved something remarkable. And no amount of small-minded Pak/Bangla belittling trash talking will change that. Their graduates are much sought after than the ones from NUST et al.

For example, the standards for passing a Ph.D. in Pakistan (or Bangladesh) are often extremely low. Mostly due to corruption, you can get away with bribing your viva examiners. You can fabricate lab results, and no one will challenge them (even if they know better). Universities are obsessed with results, even if it means "fake it to make it". That's the modus Operandi of a lot of Universities in South Asia, baring the IIT and a couple of others. This is because they are much better connected to the global academic community, so the checks and balances are carried out with a far higher degree of scrutiny. Pakistani Ph.D.'s won't be able to get academic jobs in the west so easily. IIT grads on the other hand are highly sought after by even the top schools and academic institutions.

What's your opinion of your general education system? You have better universities than BD right now (at least the state ones), but your literacy rate is just, well, dreadful. Your graduation rates, from primary to tertiary level are much lower than BD. So while you have better Universities than BD, a much higher % of the Bangladeshi population graduate from Universities regardless. And Bangladesh has almost 100% youth (15-24) literacy now, almost 1:1 male to female ratio. Pakistan's youth literacy is around 75%, with females lagging significantly behind. These factors will have much larger economic implications than University rankings.

The major difference between dysfunctional South Asia and prospering East Asia isn't the caliber of top-level intellectuals. South Asian's have them also. It's the education level of the average citizen. it's far, FAR lower in South Asia than in the East. This is why industrialization came to them and not us (at least not fully yet). Forget east Asia, Pakistan, which is a top cotton producer, can't compete with Bangladesh in RMG. And Bangladesh produces no cotton. Because the schooling rate is a lot higher in BD, high enough for RMG-like industries to be globally competitive.
Pak wasn't competing not because of education but because of energy issues

Now both IT and Textile are booming cause energy issue is taken care of

Hopefully with focus on diverse industries Pharma, electronics, auto sectors are also showing potential (my people are in auto-parts, vehicle making industry we feel after a couple theyll see growth too)

Rmg sector is for uneducated people they literally hire village women for these jobs don't know what education has to do with it?

As far as standards tbh I trust them- Lums and IBA top students always get hired by some big accounting company, or some consulting firms in ME or SEA

There's a very scary issue that everyone is discussing in Pakistan and was highlighted when some kids won a competition against MIT in some engineering competition I believe

But after a couple of years almost all these guys were taken abroad by some foreign companies

NUST,UET, PEAMs all of em have a quato where foreign companies will recruit certain % of the graduating class- my cousin was hired by Google after graduation through his university recruiting people but he was very smart though, top of the class and coding competitions

So I don't think it's fake standards as top companies of the world recruit these guys and they're sought after

But the issue of regular schools is inequality - in some places government schools can be really good probably some of the best in Thier respective city but some can be attrotious

Deeper issue imo is mostly inequality, GOP needs to work on addressing that (although they're but not fast enough imo) everyone should have access to quality education not just select few who are brilliant but others are no good

and I am in no way shape or form belittling IIT ofcourse they're good- they represent the cream of 1.4 billion people they should be good

Last edited:
Sick narrow-minded Bhakt ideology/propaganda.

Some Hindus have bought the propaganda hook, line and sinker that Muslims have low IQ and only Hindus are brilliant and genius.
Hindutva is a disgraceful ideology, their coach has Muslim name which he overlooked. Average IQs of India, Bangladesh, Pakistan are really low -- 82, 81, 83. Practically the same IQ. Realistically, India is far from competing with China whose IQ is 105. So I don't bother with nationalist debate.

Last edited:
Genius and talent have zero to do with religion.

Exactly !

@jamahir Bhai, is this attitude just Kolkata Bhakt narrow-minded propaganda, or is it universal bhakt propaganda across India, more specifically maybe also in where you live in Andhra/Hyderabad?

Well, it's a universal Bhakt propaganda across India, they putting down Muslims as "Puncture wallahs" though I must make clear that I have nothing against that particular profession.

But we must ask a scenario question : The Indian computer industry company Infosys has 260,000+ workers and one other big one TCS has 417,000+ workers, and most of these would be computer engineers and most of these would be Hindus. But why from this set of hundreds of thousands of computer engineers has been there no design of the two fundamental elements of a binary computer - the microprocessor and the operating system ? Where has their genius gone ? And here I am talking about a fraction of the at least 2+ million computer engineers in India. What have they achieved ? TCS has existed for 53 years and Infosys for 40 ! Why no geniuses sprouting from them ?

In another field - Space - there is no equivalent in India of SpaceX and Relativity Space though I must accept that three Indian private space companies have come up within the last ten years - Bellatrix Aerospace, Skyroot Aerospace and Agnikul Cosmos - and they have been developing ( not many working prototypes yet ) launch rockets and in-space propulsion engines ( Bellatrix is developing an in-space engine that uses water a pre-fuel that I think will be split into hydrogen and oxygen using electrolysis and the hydrogen will be bombarded with microwave and expelled at high speed from the nozzle, which is a brilliant idea. It is like the VASIMR engine from Ad Astra Rocket Company ). As you said "Genius and talent have zero to do with religion.".

Though India is lacking in other fields like agriculture and electricity generation.

Last edited:
But we must ask a scenario question : The Indian computer industry company Infosys has 260,000+ workers and one other big one TCS has 417,000+ workers, and most of these workers will be in India and most of these would be computer engineers and most of these would be Hindus.

Infosys and TCS exist only as moneymaking enterprises, their involvement in cutting edge revolutionary research - such as that of developing a non-linux-distro OS or developing a Microprocessor architecture (forget actual Microprocessor hardware, of ANY sophistication) is zero. I don't expect these guys to change history.

This goes back to the old saw about the British Raj guys commenting that Indians (including cousin Bangladeshis and Nepalis to some extent) can be great followers but hardly - leaders and/or innovators. So - what makes India so much better than other countries in the subcontinent?

I personally know quite a few Bangladeshis in Silicon Valley, some of them went there in the early 80's and worked on developing fundamental research on early micro processors, one guy worked in Machine code (not Assembly code), he was a BUET guy and a Muslim. These Kolkata bhakt f*ckers are just ignorant idiots.

I know I can already see Bhakt idiots coming down this thread to attack us on how Mahaan ancient Hindus were, and so advanced to develop space travel and plastic surgery, blah blah blah. We're talking reality here, not ganja and bhang-induced fantasy.

Even China is close to developing a workable low voltage laptop level Microprocessor, and they are very close to developing B737 and Airbus A320 size indigenous single aisle jet airliners (already flying - COMAC), none of these are anything bhakts can lay claim to.

They're just limited to making movies about white folks cleaning their malls to gain some coping solace. And spreading false propaganda about Muslims, essentially excluding them from jobs at Infosys and TCS.

The Western companies are turning the screws even tighter, equal employment compliance requirements will be coming up very soon. Muslims must be represented in these companies in enough representational numbers per their share in society, otherwise they will face some very hard questions.

If India has to make money overseas, it has to comply with US/EU/UK laws, which means they cannot discriminate against Indian minorities like Muslims. "Equal Opportunity Employment Mandates" are rigid requirements in the West, you can't just keep hiring Hindus at home (ignoring minorities) and get away with it.

Last edited:
Infosys and TCS exist only as moneymaking enterprises, their involvement in cutting edge revolutionary research - such as that of developing a non-linux-distro OS or developing a Microprocessor architecture (forget actual Microprocessor hardware, of ANY sophistication) is zero. I don't expect these guys to change history.

This goes back to the old saw about the British Raj guys commenting that Indians (including cousin Bangladeshis and Nepalis to some extent) can be great followers but hardly - leaders and/or innovators. So - what makes India so much better than other countries in the subcontinent?

I presonally know quite a few Bangladeshis in Silicon Valley, some of them went there in the early 80's and worked on developing fundamental research on early micro processors, one guy worked in Machine code (not Assembly code), he was a BUET guy and a Muslim. These Kolkata bhakt f*ckers are just ignorant idiots.

I know I can already see Bhakt idiots coming down this thread to attack us on how Mahaan ancient Hindus were, and so advanced to develop space travel and plastic surgery, blah blah blah. We're talking reality here, not ganja and bhang-induced fantasy.

Even China is close to developing a workable low voltage laptop level Microprocessor, and they are very close to developing B737 and Airbus A320 size indigenous single aisle jet airliners (already flying - COMAC), none of these are anything bhakts can lay claim to.

They're just limited to making movies about white folks cleaning their malls to gain some coping solace. And spreading false propaganda about Muslims, essentially excluding them from jobs at Infosys and TCS.

The Western companies are turning the screws even tighter, that equal employment compliance requirements will be coming up very soon.

If India has to make money overseas, it has to comply with their laws, which means they cannot discriminate against Indian minorities like Muslims.

While lying to their gora masters that they comply with all manners of "Equal Opportunity Employment Mandates" which are rigid requirements in the West.
The bhakt gangsta mentality in employment became rampant in the Gulf countries in the late 90s and likely still is since they have no equal opportunity laws.

Back
Top Bottom