What's new

Buddhism v Islam in Asia Fears of a new religious strife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Half of this forum would be banned, if rules are enforced seriously.

There are degrees of offence and multiple ID's is considered a major offence.

You people simply hated him because he use to make you uncomfortable and the line of attack of " evil Yindöö " would not have worked on him.

Yawn.

I am not interested in discussing a member without their involvement.

All I will say is that most of us manage to debate the issues without resorting to desperation tactics like a second ID.

Half of this forum would be banned, if rules are enforced seriously.

You people simply hated him because he use to make you uncomfortable and the line of attack of " evil Yindöö " would not have worked on him.

Though our friend did try his (not so) "subtle trick' of turning him anti Hindu.

It bombed like most of the time it does.

I know what you're pointing at, but even though I don't want to reply to your troll post the truth is that's just a rumor. We BELIEVE he was the best of creation, he didn't like people praising him.

It is not.

I can give references but it would be off-topic.

You guys just don't know things that you make claims about.

Because that's what war is like courage and bravery are not enough they may help, but you also need a variety of other things like tactics number's supply lines even weather terrain defence or attack etc

You win some you lose some

Ghaouri made tactical mistakes in the first battle he went away learnt from the mistakes prepared better than came back and finished the job

So you are saying that Muslims have not won any fight on courage and they are like ant other army.

But couple of posts ago you were saying

It was only because they were Muslim that they could withstand such punishment

If the bosnians were Hindus they would have surrendered

Now at least they have Bosnia and kosovo

So there is nothing special about muslim valor.

The Burmese vs Rohingyas conflict are both religious and ethnics. The Rohingyas did wage Jihad against the Burmese and they lost.

Rohingya conflict in Western Burma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rohingyas is basically Bangadeshi and they are new comer. Even Muslim intellect agreed on that. New comers waging Jihad for independence, they are sure going to get a lot of resentment.

One more dimension is the Burmese remembers the Bangladesh pogrom of Sino Tibetan tribe in Chittagong.
Chittagong Hill Tracts Conflict - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Burmese are Sino Tibetan. I haven got a concrete answer on how this affects their view on Rohingyas, but many Burmese political blogs I surveyed, put up a list of death tolls of Chittagong when they wrote about Arakan conflict.

One more dimension is the British imported Bangala Muslim to lord over colonial Burma. They have wreck Burma economy hard and cause a lot of resent as the Bangala Muslim held disproportional amount of civil service jobs.

In fact Aung San Suu Kyii father prosper by riding on Buddhist nationalism.

Why did vdoc make him uncomfortable?

Vdoc definitely was not anti-China as far as I can remember, so he never bothered me.

Not sure about the "make him uncomfortable" part but he did try his trick on him, trying to influence him that Hindus hated Parsis like him.

He retorted with facts.

Many people here have a lot of assumptions that just don't stand the test of reality.

Not sure about the "make him uncomfortable" part but he did try his trick on him, trying to influence him that Hindus hated Parsis like him.

He retorted with facts.

Many people here have a lot of assumptions that just don't stand the test of reality.

I assume you will have specifics to back up this particular delusion of yours.

He retorted with facts.

Well Developereo gave up on me after he decided I was secretly a Buddhist. :P

I don't mind, I consider myself a cultural Buddhist anyway, due to my family. I don't believe in any of the supernatural stuff, I consider Buddhism to be a great human philosophy and a guideline for living well.

Buddhism and Atheism are not mutually exclusive anyway. In fact original Buddhist ideology was atheistic in nature.

Well Developereo gave up on me after he decided I was secretly a Buddhist. :P

Gave up on what?

I always claimed that you had an anti-Muslim streak because some people had brainwashed you about a dharmic alliance against Abrahamic religions.

And that statement stands corroborated by none other than you.

Wrong. Hindus in Sri Lanka cannot coexist with their Buddhist majority neighbors.
Completely wrong.
Hindus and Budhists can never have a problem with each other.

Its a shared faith...they are part of the same system..like country cousins.

The Tamils and Lankans have an issue because of race, not religion.

Try to think beyond religion for a change - there are other factors in life as well ;)

I assume you will have specifics to back up this particular delusion of yours.

Sure.

Wow, just listen to yourself.

I mentioned Hindutva because the absolutist worldview you are promoting here, steeped in centuries old hatreds and demanding absolute allegiance to one ideology, is the hallmark of all extremists, Islamist, Christian, or Hindutva.

Let me clue you in: the Hindutva crowd, whose absolutist, extremist worldview you promote in the guise of lecturing everyone about their "identity", will NEVER accept you as a true Indian since your faith is an "alien" one. It doesn't matter one whit to them whether you and your faith came to India by invasion, trade or conversion. To them, you are alien -- just as alien as the Muslims and the Christians. In the end, the Indians who will defend you will be the dreaded secularists and inclusivists, not the exclusivist extremists whose ideology you defend at every turn.

As I mentioned before, enlightened, progressive people are not consumed by atavistic hatreds: they have moved on, and can accept the old and the new without conflict.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/iranian-defence/180615-bernard-lewis-iran-history-5.html#post3249025

And this was the reply you got.

The Shiv Sena in Mumbai will go out of its way to protect Parsis and our monuments, and even our property which is in the cross-hairs of unscrupulous builders.

We apreciate an open religious culture of live and let live.

I am sorry to say, but wherever Muslims become the majority, that culture is stifled to extinction. The world over.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/iranian-defence/180615-bernard-lewis-iran-history-5.html#post3249102

I did take the trouble to dig out something that you already knew but probably thought it can't be discovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom