What's new

Buddhism v Islam in Asia Fears of a new religious strife

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Vinod2070 @Chinese-Dragon

Could one then extend this discussion and say that all religions that had essentially mortal Prophets went on the evangelize and try and spread via conversion?

My only issue with this is that many of our Dharmic faiths, like first Jainism, then Buddhism, and finally Sikhism, all in their own way also had mortal humans holding the primary position. Not called Prophets per se, but similar in hierarchy?

I am trying to understand why some religions seek to convert, while others move almost 180 degrees in diametrically opposite direction?

Only in Islam we maintain the prophet was a human, Christianity and Buddhism believe Jesus and Buddha as their gods.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, they were only Hindus

But we are human, in centuries past a Muslim with a sword could overcome these massive odds, Hindus and Buddhists would lose their nerve in battle

With bullets and fighting at distance, it would just be needless slaughter of innocent men

But then why were these meat eating lions defeated in field by Krishnadevraya of Vijayanagar empire. and why was your hero ghori defeated by Prithviraj chauhan in first battle of tarain.

All conflicts have a mix of ethnic and cultural aspects.

There are scores of conflicts in Africa, South America and elsewhere not involving Muslims. Feel free to educate yourself.

Also, as I wrote, all conflicts have a mix of ethnicity and culture: Malay Muslims v/s Siamese Buddhists; Moro Muslims v/s Filipino Christians; Tamil Hindus v/s Sinhalese Buddhists.

Again Srilankan civil war was an ethnic one, most of LTTE top leadership were Christians, its you who needs that education.

And as for the other two, I see the usual suspect.

Look at the odds against us in Palestine or kashmir or Burma or Afghanistan

Let's take Palestine.

6 millions Jews vs. 400 million Arabs. 50-100 times advantage in every conceivable parameter with just the Arabs leave alone the Muslim Ummah!

So you were saying.

Hindus and Buddhists would have surrendered like cowards after what the israel did and are doing, or after what India did in kashmir

The cowards converted and became Muslims.

Its because we are Muslims we have the bravery to keep resisting

Afghanistan would be speaking Russian if it was Hindu or Buddhists

You are already reading an Arab book.

The indians thought the taliban were finished when the U.S invaded but never underestimate the muslim will to resist and fight back

The Taliban has killed 40 K Pakistani Muslims and you are still in that kaffir country, not fighting!

Look at the odds against us in Palestine or kashmir or Burma or Afghanistan

Hindus and Buddhists would have surrendered like cowards after what the israel did and are doing, or after what India did in kashmir

Its because we are Muslims we have the bravery to keep resisting

Afghanistan would be speaking Russian if it was Hindu or Buddhists

The indians thought the taliban were finished when the U.S invaded but never underestimate the muslim will to resist and fight back

dude go read books of mahatma gandhi, how he repelled british empire without firing a single bullet ,go read about jesus or moses ,moses could have turned israelis into armed conflict with egyptian pharaohs, but he saved israelis but just power of god not by any human intervention

Only in Islam we maintain the prophet was a human, Christianity and Buddhism believe Jesus and Buddha as their gods.

You are wrong about Buddha.

Buddhism doesn't believe in God and Buddha made no claim for himself about being the "best of creation" or things of that sort.

We all know who did. ;)

But then why were these meat eating lions defeated in field by Krishnadevraya of Vijayanagar empire. and why was your hero ghori defeated by Prithviraj chauhan in first battle of tarain.

Because that's what war is like courage and bravery are not enough they may help, but you also need a variety of other things like tactics number's supply lines even weather terrain defence or attack etc

You win some you lose some

Ghaouri made tactical mistakes in the first battle he went away learnt from the mistakes prepared better than came back and finished the job

Good thing you can feel something non existent. ;)

And yes, it ain't your fault.

Anyway friend, we have made our respective points I guess. So let's move on.

You didn't make any points, you've only been threatening violence so far. I can't believe mods are allowing a smartass hate preacher like you around.

You are wrong about Buddha.

Buddhism doesn't believe in God and Buddha made no claim for himself about being the "best of creation" or things of that sort.

We all know who did. ;)

I know what you're pointing at, but even though I don't want to reply to your troll post the truth is that's just a rumor. We BELIEVE he was the best of creation, he didn't like people praising him.

Half of this forum would be banned, if rules are enforced seriously.

You people simply hated him because he use to make you uncomfortable and the line of attack of " evil Yindöö " would not have worked on him.

Why did vdoc make him uncomfortable?

Vdoc definitely was not anti-China as far as I can remember, so he never bothered me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom