What's new

BSP MP Insults Vande Mataram in Lok Sabha

As per Sikh religion Fundamental they don't worship idols so if you call yourself sikh you should abide by its rules .
The problem is not calling our homeland mother but calling her goddess durga.

Thank you for your kindness Maharaja of hindu republic :omghaha:

What on earth are you talking about? Where in the song does it call the homeland goddess Durga?

Incidentally, I believe that the song should never have been designated a national hymn (it was never the national anthem, which was and is Jana Gana Mana), and that giving in to Congress sentiment on this score was a silly mistake.

LOL! A.R Rehman sang it and yes Indian's believe in the country as a Mother concept (except for the few who missed the train to the heaven in the west) hence Bhart Ma a.k.a Mother India not Goddess India :cuckoo: Does Islam say not to bend before your own mother in respect ???

And the fake Indian peddling sh!t about Sikhs should know that we believe in land as mother and mother is an equivalent of God in Sikhism.

Pavan guru paani pita, maata dhart mahat ...

Air is our teacher, Water our father, And the Great Earth our mother ...

[Guru Nanak, Japji, Epilogue]

Vande Mataram

I am saying that muslim in india is growing 10% more then Hindu growing rate and you are talking about Fertility rate which is average birth rate of a women in her life time :D
I know the def of Fer rate.ok now by fertility rate I had calculated the groth rate
and why you put muslim women in average when data clearly shows them above average :D
I am putting muslim women above average ie. 3.4 and avg is 2.5

Even Sikh freedom fighters who were in the INA or Gaddhar movement, Namadhari movement, Akali movement never sang Vande Mataram. Not even all Hindu freedom fighters sang this song. But now it has become the most popular patriotic song due to bollywood movies.

I never sang Vande Mataram when growing up nor in the couple of schools where I studied. For god's sake, I do not even know the meaning behind this song. Does that make me any less patriotic? As you mentioned the bollywood movies and A.R.Rahman made is famous.

I never sang Vande Mataram when growing up nor in the couple of schools where I studied. For god's sake, I do not even know the meaning behind this song. Does that make me any less patriotic? As you mentioned the bollywood movies and A.R.Rahman made is famous.
NOPE it doesn't, but will you walk out of lower house in Parliament just like that while your National song is being sung ???

NOPE it doesn't, but will you walk out of lower house in Parliament just like that while your National song is being sung ???

India is very diversified - If some groups say that the song is against their belief so be it. Why do anyone need to get hung up on that?

India is very diversified - If some groups say that the song is against their belief so be it. Why do anyone need to get hung up on that?
It's not any song, it's NATIONAL SONG.

I just want one straightforward answer to that, if you had to choose between religion or your motherland
, what would you prefer ??

It's not any song, it's NATIONAL SONG.

I just want one straightforward answer to that, if you had to choose between religion or your motherland
, what would you prefer ??

What straightforward answer? India reflects hindu culture(like Pakistan representing muslim culture) - So hindus do not have to make a choice. But is that the case with other religious people? So why do the minority religious people need to be placed in a dilemma to pick between their religion and their motherland with some controversial song chosen as National Song? Muslims reject it, many Sikhs reject it - These people should have created a din when this song was chosen as National Song - The mistake was they did not do that and I commend them for that as they did not add to the problems India faced immediately after independence - So do you want to shove this song up their throat? (The same kind of situation was prevented with the National Language choice due to opposition)

P:S - During world war II many southern US units flew Confederate flag and was their unofficial emblem - Did that make them any less patriotic?

What on earth are you talking about? Where in the song does it call the homeland goddess Durga?

Incidentally, I believe that the song should never have been designated a national hymn (it was never the national anthem, which was and is Jana Gana Mana), and that giving in to Congress sentiment on this score was a silly mistake.

There is a section where it does say that.
Vande Mataram - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

त्वं हि दुर्गा दशप्रहरणधारिणी
कमला कमलदल विहारिणी
वाणी विद्यादायिनी, नमामि त्वाम्
नमामि कमलां अमलां अतुलाम्
सुजलां सुफलां मातरम् ॥

Vande Mataram should be changed as it hurts Indian Muslims feelings and shows that Hindus are superior over Muslims in secular Hindu!!

Dekho Pakistaniyon, this is what your fate would have been had you stayed with Gandhi & Nehru!

My personal opinion, If it is against muslim's religion , they shouldn't be forced to do it.

As long as they sing the national anthem , it should be fine.

I agree, however I think people make is look like it is against religion might not be true.

Hmmm.....

He should not have walked out IMO. We are also learned to respect other cultures and religions. Its fine not to sing it, but standing there still and respecting others feelings would have been better.

Btw, Why not just sing your national anthem instead of having a national song in Vande Mataram? (Dont know much history behind it tbh.)

It's times like these I say "Alhamdu'lillah we have Pakistan".

Yes, if mere criticism on media makes you so scared, good that you separated. I mean, I am speechless. I can say more but you know..

Can anyone tell me what's the exact difference between National Anthem and National Song? If there's this much issue with our National Song among different religions why can't it be replaced by our National Anthem? India being secular and cosmopolitan should take care of all religions and religious feelings.

AFAIK the National Anthem is the identity of a nation.

On the Contrary regarding 'Vande Mataram', it has the word Ma or Mother in it and I am proud to say that I bow (the ultimate respect) to my mother. I doubt if anyone from any faith will feel guilty in bowing to his/her mother. And if there are some then God Bless them.

Vande Mataram is paying respect to Mother India (Country)

Its similar to Pakistan zindabad or Joy Bangla

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom