I show gratitude to thee, Mother,
richly-watered, richly-fruited,
cool with the winds of the south,
dark with the crops of the harvests,

The Mother!

Her nights rejoicing in the glory of the moonlight,
her lands clothed beautifully with her trees in flowering bloom,
sweet of laughter, sweet of speech,
The Mother, giver of boons, giver of bliss.

if these are two versus you are saying then i don't think any religion have any problem .

I think you are not aware that VANDE MATRAM is quite a lengthy song and we sing only initial two verses of VANDE MATRAM and in those verses there is no mention of MAA DURGA hence it's not offending ISLAM in any way whatsoever.

Muslim Growth rate is around 13%

Because of higher birthrates, the percentage of Muslims in India has risen from about 9.91% in 1951 to 13.43% in 2001 to 14% in 2010.[8] The Muslim population growth rate is higher by more than 10% of the total growth compared to that of Hindus.[9]

Are you just a copy paste master ???

I am giving you 30% extra groth (3.4 is 30% more than 2.59) rate then doing the calculation while wiki source gives you only 10% advantage.:omghaha::omghaha:

If it is his religion not to bow he should not be forced but he should have shown some respect.
The disturbing thing about Vande Mataram is, it is part of a novel Anand Math which is quite offensive to muslims.
If you guys have time, please read it. It describes british as saviour from the cluches of barbaric muslims.

I find it weird that it was chosen for freedom struggle.

I being a Bengali christian read that several times as some portion of it was included in our Bengali syllabus, if we Christians dont take offence when our text books bashes the British raj why would they take offence and for that matter they are not the descendants of the invaders just converts as the indian christians. At least it was the universal appeal of Jesus and selflessness of the missionaries that made us change our faith not the point of the sword.
What do you think had there been no british invasion you hindus would ever be able to reclaim your lands from the muslims?
Bankimchandra was of the pioneers of bengali literature what he had portrayed that was pretty relevant at that time as this land is traditionally belongs to hindus, he just tried to ignite that bengali fighting spirit against the tyrant muslims rulars and has nothing to do with communal hatred.
And be careful choosing your words it was not something has to be chosen hundreds of freedom fighters embraces martyrdom singing bande mataram that spirit u wont understand sitting there in UK

I show gratitude to thee, Mother,
richly-watered, richly-fruited,
cool with the winds of the south,
dark with the crops of the harvests,

The Mother!

Her nights rejoicing in the glory of the moonlight,
her lands clothed beautifully with her trees in flowering bloom,
sweet of laughter, sweet of speech,
The Mother, giver of boons, giver of bliss.
if these are two versus you are saying then i don't think any religion have any problem .

Yes mother is India.As I said no mention of MAA DURGA.

Nothing like that will happen their fertility rate is 3.4 and ours 2.5 and since we are four times their population they need fertility rate of 10 just to keep abreast with our pace and excess of 700 million will remain always in that case , it would take them ten decades or may be even more to equal our population , that too only if GOI doesn't impose any population control measures by then.:smart:

Hindus are a useless, rag tag, undisciplined & disorganised people. Any Tom, Di(k & Abdul pretty much walked into India and did whatever they wanted to do, pretty much unopposed. Even today, Hindus cannot even come together to keep their Ganga Mata at a decent level of cleanliness, an Italian Christian rules India not an Indian born on Indian soil, Muslims have managed to get tax payers money to go on pilgrimage to Hajj, Hindus have not been able to do the same.

Hindus cannot stop the coming storm, if they have not learnt their lesson by now, after centuries of being screwed, they never will. Hindus are a lost cause. The idea of India is a lost cause. Muslims will carve out another Islamic country.

The contents of the "song" or whatever goes in contrast to teachings of Islam so inevitably many more observant Muslims would take offense to it. Many school children refuse to sing it also.

Not just Muslims but even some Christians in the country

Wrong sir, every time I sing it it gives me goosebumps, That song symbolizes bengali nationalism, not something you would understand.

Hindus are a useless, rag tag, undisciplined & disorganised people. Any Tom, Di(k & Abdul pretty much walked into India and did whatever they wanted to do, pretty much unopposed. Even today, Hindus cannot even come together to keep their Ganga Mata at a decent level of cleanliness, an Italian Christian rules India not an Indian born on Indian soil, Muslims have managed to get tax payers money to go on pilgrimage to Hajj, Hindus have not been able to do the same.

Hindus cannot stop the coming storm, if they have not learnt their lesson by now, after centuries of being screwed, they never will. Hindus are a lost cause. The idea of India is a lost cause. Muslims will carve out another Islamic country.

Agree with the boldened part.:tup:

This time I hope it would be different.

I have no idea. Why dont you read yourself if you dont believe me. Its not that big book, can be finished in one sitting.

One question sir are u a Bengali? or did u read the original Bengali version? if both the answers are no then please dont bother replying my post

I being a Bengali christian read that several times as some portion of it was included in our Bengali syllabus, if we Christians dont take offence when our text books bashes the British raj why would they take offence and for that matter they are not the descendants of the invaders just converts as the indian christians. At least it was the universal appeal of Jesus and selflessness of the missionaries that made us change our faith not the point of the sword.
What do you think had there been no british invasion you hindus would ever be able to reclaim your lands from the muslims?
Bankimchandra was of the pioneers of bengali literature what he had portrayed that was pretty relevant at that time as this land is traditionally belongs to hindus, he just tried to ignite that bengali fighting spirit against the tyrant muslims rulars and has nothing to do with communal hatred.
And be careful choosing your words it was not something has to be chosen hundreds of freedom fighters embraces martyrdom singing bande mataram that spirit u wont understand sitting there in UK

Which part of my post you found offensive? I was just inviting others to read and see for themselves.
No, by the time british came, mughals were in ruins and marathas were ruling massive part of India. May be british were saviour in bengal, not everywhere. Also other muslim rulers were not tyrants.

One question sir are u a Bengali? or did u read the original Bengali version? if both the answers are no then please dont bother replying my post

I would prefer you keep guessing. Its not important anyway.. :cheers:

Vande Mataram has always been an exclusive Hindu slogan. Muslims always opposed this. INA had Jai Hind slogan and "Kadam Kadam Bharaye Chalo" song.
Even Sikh freedom fighters who were in the INA or Gaddhar movement, Namadhari movement, Akali movement never sang Vande Mataram. Not even all Hindu freedom fighters sang this song. But now it has become the most popular patriotic song due to bollywood movies.

From where you got it that nation is above all religion From our constitution ?
As a Muslim the most important thing for us is our religion
which teaches us to be patriotic and abide by all rules and regulation of our country and if needed sacrifice our life to protect our country.

As a indian i like Jana Gana Mana Hai and sare jaha se acha .Vande Matram is not in my Menu :coffee:

Fine enough, but when you are having dinner with 10 people and a dish is served that you dont like but happens to be the delicacy of the nine u should just avoid eating it rather than throwing it up and spoiling the dinner

Sgpc does not dictate the way I see Religion..Majority of people dont ..So keep that aside ..
Majority of These Religious Organisations tend to play dirty Politics over things which are non issue for a common sikh

Brother, SGPC is not the only Sanstha, it is a fact that a Sikh is only a worshiper of Akal Purkh not of country. A Sikh will love his country and die for his country but at the end of the day his object of worship is only Akal Purkh. He cannot worship another deity and say he is still a Sikh. A Sikh will not walk out like this MP did, but he will certainly not sing this song and still claim he is only a worshiper of Vaheguru. If you do not practice the Sikh faith that is up to you, but there are certain principles of the Sikh faith that a Sikh must abide by to call himself a Sikh. The subject of the Song Vande Mataram means you believe in the country as a Devi/Goddess and you are it's worshiper. This type of belief is not as per Sikh Dharm.

I am saying that muslim in india is growing 10% more then Hindu growing rate and you are talking about Fertility rate which is average birth rate of a women in her life time and why you put muslim women in average when data clearly shows them above average :D

Are you just a copy paste master ???

I am giving you 30% extra groth (3.4 is 30% more than 2.59) rate then doing the calculation while wiki source gives you only 10% advantage.:omghaha::omghaha:

You are right there is no point of running away from there when nobody is forcing you to sing .
And @ !@#$%^& already told me that we only use two verses and in those verses their is no mention of Goddess .

Fine enough, but when you are having dinner with 10 people and a dish is served that you dont like but happens to be the delicacy of the nine u should just avoid eating it rather than throwing it up and spoiling the dinner

Which part of my post you found offensive?
Vande mataram was not chosen, it was meant to be on the lips of every bengali who adores their motherland. It gave them spirit to fight the invaders be it the Muslims or the British does not matter. It was not meant to spread hatred but nationalism.
[B] I was just inviting others to read and see for themselves.
If they want they will do that anyway
No, by the time british came, mughals were in ruins and marathas were ruling massive part of India. May be british were saviour in bengal, not everywhere. Also other muslim rulers were not tyrants.
Most of them were, Mughal rulars were more or less tolerant but by that time there ware hundreds of nawabs and feudal lords were independently ruling several parts of India including bengal most of them were ruthless

I would prefer you keep guessing. Its not important anyway.. :cheers:

It is important brother if u have read the translation trust me u did not get the intrinsic nature of that literary masterpiece

[/B]

Back
Top Bottom