What's new

BSP MP Insults Vande Mataram in Lok Sabha

For you I'll re quote - Basically it depends how one perceives it. In case of Hindus, they see Ma Durga as Mother, hence they have taken it that way.
But in case of other religions that will not hold true. So if they don't take it that way, the matter ends there.

If you check the lyrics of the song, no where it's mentioned about God or Ma Durga but what mentioned is my Mother my country.(And where is God in that)

I am mentioning here the first 2 stanzaz, which is considered as National Song and played as National Song.

dont know if you are old or new member but we had debated this topic to death few years back and it has a very strong religious connection. if found time will post that one by one.

For the time being the Question remains

1. Why hardcore Hindu political groups want to impose this song on all?

2. Does singing this song in parliament is mandatory according to Indian Constitution?

3. When other faiths are opposed to it as religious song why it is being imposed in a "Secular" parliament?

Jan Gan Man has Sindh in it, Still we sing it.. Question is not whether its right or wrong, question is its our symbol. We must not respect it...

Religion are temprory , culture is permanent.. Today they are Muslim tomorrow they can revert to Hinduism...

Our tricolor has Saffron in it, what if some fanatic Muslim come up and say we can't use it as symbol of nation as it has Saffron in it... :)

Vande Mataram was Mantra of "Freedom struggle"... Wait a minute Muslim hardly participated in National freedom movement, how can they respect it....

People who are charged with rape,murder,extortion and still sitting in parliament,do they think this act unpatriotic too?:drag:

The song is a part of our history and national festivity and religion should not be dragged into such mundane things. The Vande Mataram is simply a national song without any connotation that could violate the tenets of any religion.

dont know if you are old or new member but we had debated this topic to death few years back and it has a very strong religious connection. if found time will post that one by one.

For the time being the Question remains

1. Why hardcore Hindu political groups want to impose this song on all?
2. Does singing this song in parliament is mandatory according to Indian Constitution?
3. When other faiths are opposed to it as religious song why it is being imposed in a "Secular" parliament?

Ans - New Member.

1. Ans - I don't think anyone can impose anything in India on anyone else because of her secular nature. Everyone has his/her own freedom. If there would have been such strict rules he won't have been able to walk away.
Regarding imposing - There no imposing as such but since it's a secular country have to listen to all. If the country would have been Hardcore Hindu, this Song would have been made National Anthem, but that was not done. But also the demand of Hindus could not be pushed aside as Hindus also are part of the Society and this Song played a major role during Nationalist movement against British. So there's a bond to this song as well.

2. Ans - I think singing is not mandatory. But the Song is played at the end of every session similar to the National Anthem which is played at the start. Personally I feel if there's that much issue with this song being played Govt. of India can think of replacing it with the National Anthem, at least in those places where the playing of this song can create an issue.

Bdw every non Hindu doesn't think that the song is an insult. It depends on person to person.

"Every session of Parliament, which is the temple of democracy, starts with the national anthem and ends with the rendition of the national song Vande Mataram. This has been the practice since Independence. Unfortunately, the national song has been dishonoured," BJP vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said.

"By boycotting the national song, he has insulted the Constitution and its norms. Those who hate Vande Mataram not only have no right to be a part of Parliament but also have no right to live in this country," Naqvi added

The part in italics I have quoted from Times of India Article on this issue. Not pasting the link of the whole article for these few lines. You can google if you want.

3. Ans - Same as 2.

I feel the hype this particular news is getting is just unnecessary.

My personal opinion, If it is against muslim's religion , they shouldn't be forced to do it.

As long as they sing the national anthem , it should be fine.

But's that's a battle cry during freedom movement. If you are disrespecting the VANDE MATARAM then you are obviously disrepecting the nation's freedom movement and it's a anti nation act. This is what i amazed whenever any hindu doing some moments against any religion then he will be called as non secular and anti national but even the anti national thing done by some minority religions especially by muslims they will be called as secular. what non sense going in india. But i hope as long as congress and other regional non secular(only by words but fake in act) parties are there in india, surely one day hindus will become a minority religion in hindustan. If muslims don't want to sing a national song and they want there religion only means then why they are living in this nation. Why not they go to some other muslim countries. Everyone is speaking about secularism which means protecting the minorities in nation but unfortunately 50% of those minorities are living for their religion not for nation. And 90% of the non sense hindus are busy in getting their daily needs. The whole world knows that westerners are trying to convert all the poor indians especially the fishermens into christianity And all the muslims are protesting for concessions and quottas,not for nation. these Quottas and concessions are the real enemy of future india. And congress and all the regional parties are the builders of these enemies and vote bank politics is the king of all the Above.

1. Does his walking out made him less Indian?

2. does he protest the staying of other Muslim MPs during the song? NO he does NOT which proves he is more secular than YOU Hindu MPs who are calling it an insult to the religious song.

The MP is clear in his stand he said he respect the National Anthem and this religious song is not anthem

Everyone is seeking attention these days.

I for one was unaware of the significance or background of this song till it came into the news for the wrong reasons.

This MP from Moradabad was conspicuous all thru the last 5 years of the Lok Sabha by his inactivity. Now at the end of the session he seeks the limelight with an issue that is a non issue.

Other Muslim MP had no prob, If it was played now, it must have been played earlier too did he walk out then ?

I have no idea. Why dont you read yourself if you dont believe me. Its not that big book, can be finished in one sitting.
mate i am a Bengali and i have already read the novel and i can guarrantee you that the novel by no means is anti-muslim in nature and neither does it depict the brits as the saviour of India.on the contrary it shows the brutal means the brits used to suppress the Sannyassi rebellion in 1774 A.D.
Vande Mataram was the term that was used extensively to rally all Indians irrespective of their castes,creeds and religions against the brits,yeah i do admit that technically it means to bow before the mother(here mother probably meant Goddess Durga or Shakti) but here it meant to bow before the motherland and i think its not a big deal to bow before our motherland as to me mother and motherland comes first before God!but then again i am no Shafiqur Rahman Barq after all!

Vande Mataram means "mother I bow to thee". I think it's in Bengali language
mate Vande Mataram is a Sanskrit and not a Bengali word.Bengali language is heavily influenced by Sanskrit!:coffee:

No..offence..but I have heard that few couplets of this anthem were very offensive which were later on removed...is this a fact or conspiracy theory??:what:

1. Does his walking out made him less Indian?

2. does he protest the staying of other Muslim MPs during the song? NO he does NOT which proves he is more secular than YOU Hindu MPs who are calling it an insult to the religious song.

The MP is clear in his stand he said he respect the National Anthem and this religious song is not anthem

Nobody asked him to sing it, he should'nt have walked out, it is akin to disrespect.

No..offence..but I have heard that few couplets of this anthem were very offensive which were later on removed...is this a fact or conspiracy theory??:what:

Offensive by what means? I mean if you say in a religious perspective, the actual full song has the name of Ma Durga in it. Now when the name of Goddess appear immediately it'll become more a Hindu than a secular song right. You can say it's offensive for non Hindus in that perspective. That's why only the first two stanzas were selected for National song, as in these stanzas the country is referred to as mother and it's asked to respect your country the same way you respect your mother.

I hope my explanation was ok. :)

mate Vande Mataram is a Sanskrit and not a Bengali word.Bengali language is heavily influenced by Sanskrit!:coffee:

Thnx :tup:. I personally find Bengali as a very sweet and soothing language. Some of the words are hardcore sanskrit.
A friend of mine played a crude joke with me, he told me "Bhalo Bhashi" means Hello in Bengali, and I used it on an office colleague. She was like :lol: and told me the actual meaning, went red in face

Time to get rid of the concept of National song/hymn and retain just the concept of National anthem. It was rejected in the first place in favor of the current National Anthem due to the opposition from various religious groups. And this song which was adopted by Indian National Congress in 1937 as "National Song" was resurrected in 1950 by taking the first two verses and calling it as National song. Many religious groups oppose this song, many others are indifferent to this song, many others do not even understand the lyrics behind the song and many others is not even aware of the significance of this song but almost every Indian knows/respects the national anthem and that should be sufficient.

Everyone is seeking attention these days.

I for one was unaware of the significance or background of this song till it came into the news for the wrong reasons.

This MP from Moradabad was conspicuous all thru the last 5 years of the Lok Sabha by his inactivity. Now at the end of the session he seeks the limelight with an issue that is a non issue.

Other Muslim MP had no prob, If it was played now, it must have been played earlier too did he walk out then ?

1. Sir very good question and the answer is

According to this Muslim MP he used to remain absent at the time of the airing of this song at the end to avoid any such uncalled for opposition by the NON Muslim parliament.

In this particular case he said he was caught between a situation where he had to walk out as he consider it against his belief.

Now sir once again can this be against the law of the Indian parliament?

if NOT he cant be forced to listen to something that is not constitutional.

and as for the other MPs they are own to their own and he is to his own. this is no justification to force this down his throat

Offensive by what means? I mean if you say in a religious perspective, the actual full song has the name of Ma Durga in it. Now when the name of Goddess appear immediately it'll become more a Hindu than a secular song right. You can say it's offensive for non Hindus in that perspective. That's why only the first two stanzas were selected for National song, as in these stanzas the country is referred to as mother and it's asked to respect your country the same way you respect your mother.

I hope my explanation was ok. :)

thanks...i am pointing out towards other issue:
i have heard that few stanzas were offensive..I don't know in which sense..but later on liaqat ali khan when went for official visit of India....he discussed that problem...with indian ministers that few couplets/stanzas are offensive.. which indian minister agreed to removed..i dunno this is true or not....
please confirm that this was actual story or some rumor of past?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom