What's new

BSP MP Insults Vande Mataram in Lok Sabha

BKFDFan_CIAMXiri_png_large.png

Secularism has nothing to do with country first or religion first.

If tomorrow Hindus in other countries are forced to eat beef or slaughter cows to show love for their country , i am sure quite a few of us hindus would be ticked off by it.

Religious freedom is an important aspect of any truly secular society.
There is nothing religious about singing Vande Mataram. Been used since the freedom struggle. Nobody is forcing him to eat pork. A National song is being played and an elected representative walks right out of it. Many people study in Christian Missionary Schools - doesnot mean they convert.

No, this was not meant to be protective of one's faith. Faith is stronger than that. This is a statement. Of defiance.

There is nothing religious about singing Vande Mataram. Been used since the freedom struggle. Nobody is forcing him to eat pork. A National song is being played and an elected representative walks right out of it. Many people study in Christian Missionary Schools - doesnot mean they convert.

No, this was not meant to be protective of one's faith. Faith is stronger than that. This is a statement. Of defiance.

I am against his act of walking out . i have said that before.

But I am also against muslims being forced to sing it. Vande Mataram means bowing to the motherland and according to Islam you bow to no one but allah. It is one of the basic tenets of islam.If they sing it , it means they are renouncing their religion.

Again i repeat , i am against making singing this song compulsory for muslims but i am also against his act of walking out. That was disrespectful. He should have stayed and not sung.

Made this clear earlier.

Nobody forced him to stay and sing. He was in the House. He just could have stood for a couple of minutes. This is no unusual occurrence. Everytime during the closing session the National Song is played. Just a statement. As for La ilah ilalah - Vande Mataram does not mean worship the Motherland, it means to do 'Vandana' that is singing praise of someone/something. Worship is a literal translation.

Besides if worshiping was the issue then the National Anthem should also be dumped.
Jana-gana-mangala-dayaka jaya he
Bharata-bhagya-vidhata.

This part for example has the same issues.

Check the Indian flag -
Has the Ashok Chakra - That is the Buddhist Dharmachakra

Or say the Ashok Stambh or Pillars - read about it...should be equally offensive to Muslims. I can point out many more.

Even in this heavily corrupted and contorted statement it is no more silly than what you believe in.

I believe in God... just like billions of other rational people... including scientists,astronauts,soldiers,pilots believe!

I believe in God... just like billions of other rational people... including scientists,astronauts,soldiers,pilots believe!

What primative thinking. Just because others believe that means you must? Belief because of birth or majority is low level thinking. BUT, if you believe in god because you have pondered on this question and come to this conclusion, then I am happy for you.

What primative thinking. Just because others believe that means you must? Belief because of birth or majority is low level thinking. BUT, if you believe in god because you have pondered on this question and come to this conclusion, then I am happy for you.

Anyway, there is a difference between believing in a divine power and believing that the vast majority will be roasted in eternal hellfire because they didn't care to get convinced by the fantastic and unsupported claims of one person.

Let's not mix the two.

Mother exists but god does not.

If God does not exist, then , In your previous post , why you said Mother is "greater" than "GOD". If something does not exists, then how can you compare one thing with a non-existing thing ??? This shows that, In your unconscious mind, you believe in the existence of God.

If God is not there, How our Solar System is functioning smoothly ? How all the Planets are revolving around the Sun without colliding with each other ? How Moon is rotating around Earth without colliding ?
Even a small watch has a creator. A small TV set has a creator. A Computer has got a creator. And You are talking about whole world & Whole Universe , consisting of atleast 100 Billion Galaxies ( Each Galaxy has atleast 1 Crore Stars ) coming into creation by itself ???
Every Creation has got a Creator . Just because God is invisible to us, We should not deny its Existence.
God has promised to disclose himself, how he is , when we go in heaven.

Back
Top Bottom