What's new

BSP MP Insults Vande Mataram in Lok Sabha

BSP MP Shafiqur Rahman Barq walked out of Parliament when Vande Matram was being sung ...

922870_10151370268181548_213177090_n.jpg

I don't think you know that there was actually a reservation of legislative (not parliamentary) seats for Muslims. The problem lay elsewhere.

No very good reason, in my opinion. However, at one point of time, Parliament did adopt Vande Mataram as the National Hymn; not Anthem, as you correctly point out. To change things, we need to include Tarannum-e-Hind, or we need to exclude Vande Mataram.

enlighten me plz on bold part
yah why includ the song which have religious prob just include "sary jahan sy acha"

My personal opinion, If it is against muslim's religion , they shouldn't be forced to do it.

As long as they sing the national anthem , it should be fine.
So religion decides whether he sings or not? Religion decides what an MP should do? And we call India secular??
What about Indians First, eh?

enlighten me plz on bold part
yah why includ the song which have religious prob just include "sary jahan sy acha"

Which part of "there was actually a reservation of legislative...seats for Muslims" did you fail to understand?

The song that is included was included by statute, not by a bunch of busybodies sitting around a coffee table. As I have already stated in my post. And to go on, any other alternative has to be through statute.

So religion decides whether he sings or not? Religion decides what an MP should do? And we call India secular??

Why should there be a problem with that? If the constitution called for the recitation of the Kalima, would a Rarhi Brahmin have problems with doing so, and compromising his religion?

Secularism has nothing to do with country first or religion first.

If tomorrow Hindus in other countries are forced to eat beef or slaughter cows to show love for their country , i am sure quite a few of us hindus would be ticked off by it.

Religious freedom is an important aspect of any truly secular society.

a coward sir..should have stood there atleast,without singing it..

Whats insulting abt the gesture? the song is insulting to muslims.. for muslims Religion comes before country and we dont bow to land.

Whats insulting abt the gesture? the song is insulting to muslims.. for muslims Religion comes before country and we dont bow to land.

It may not agree to your faith but it is hardly insulting. His walking out in the middle of it was in bad taste, no one is asking him to sing it.

It may not agree to your faith but it is hardly insulting. His walking out in the middle of it was in bad taste, no one is asking him to sing it.

Its just a song... it would have been insulting if he had walked away when ur anthem was being played!

The song is not insulting to muslims. It can only be insulting if the muslims were forced to sing it, which is not the case here.

He need not have sung but he should not have walked out like that as well.

I am a Indian muslim, and for me my nation comes before my religion.

but one has to be careful not to force somebody to do something that they dont want to. I guess he wanted to avoid but could not leave fast enough.

Its just a song... it would have been insulting if he had walked away when ur anthem was being played!

LOL.national song.. i repeat he need not sing it,his own wish,but should have stayed their keeping mum..

I am a Indian muslim, and for me my nation comes before my religion.

I appreciate you said that but minorities should not have been placed in a position to make a choice between religion and nation in this particular case(choice of national song). There was opposition all over from different religious groups for this song and so this should have been dropped completely for another song or should have dumped this notion of national song while there is a national anthem.

Back
Top Bottom