What's new

BSP MP Insults Vande Mataram in Lok Sabha

seriously discussing about songs, heck our jehovah witness don't even stand up for the national anthem and yet they are very much nationalist Canadienne, come on pakistan and inde people, are your hearts this little, I mean think bigger. This particular folk should be judged on his performance not on some mere symbol and I do think though national anthem should be respect to a degree unless your religion is against that but national song/hymn give me a break. Majoritie of politicans are crooks and they are considered patriotic, heck how can they even stand there everyday listening to the anthem and not feel guilty, I am talking universally not just pakistan and inde!
@Joe Shearer, I went through your post and I think we have had some chats before this in particular about a similar however after spending time on this website, I would suggest simply skip these threads or simply write a monologue hoping that some sane person will will learn a thing or two from that. :disagree: Time is too precious for such pity arguement and I do not understand the whole thing against secularism, I mean secularism=progress=islam so what is the controversy with these over the top religious debates on this forum mon ami!

Edit: I mentioned religion and by no way I am preaching my faith or saying another religion is inferior just annoyed with this secular/hindau, muslum debate, this is a defence forum fyi

Last edited by a moderator:
Sir 1st of all Allah is reality for muslims ok it is our faith dont call imaginary plz
and yes in Islam we dont even bow to mother we only bow in front of All Mighty Allah only not even Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H)

Then I am sorry to say dude you are a idiot
Bowing down to god but not to your mother did the mighty Allah made you what you are today or your parents
Shame on you

If it is his religion not to bow he should not be forced but he should have shown some respect.
The disturbing thing about Vande Mataram is, it is part of a novel Anand Math which is quite offensive to muslims.
If you guys have time, please read it. It describes british as saviour from the cluches of barbaric muslims.

I find it weird that it was chosen for freedom struggle.

I'm not sure if anybody replied this post yet. In the first edition of anandamath the word yaban was used to portray the villains, yaban was commonly used against British.

After the novel gained popularity among fringe groups fighting against British, govt banned it and Bankim Chandra was forced to write another version. Since he was an government employee he was asked to alter his novel or get transfer to some obscure place or possible jail term. He bowed before the pressure and replaced the word yaban with mlechho.

You probably read an English version, not sure what they used there.

Bowing down to god but not to your mother did the mighty Allah made you what you are today or your parents
Shame on you

mind you language dude its our faith not yours we respect our mother and even hidath says that haveen is beneath mothers foots so dont tell us the importance of mother but we bow to only All Mighty
Allah none other

Ah, I understand.

So they went away and made Pakistan, where they are not oppressed.

Perfect logic.

its was the requierment not logic when muslim league demand for fair share in parlement in muslim mejority areas it was congress who rejected it. so it was congress who made muslim the situation if you can understand even Quaid-e-Azam M.Ali jinah was in congress then he left it due to this matter

Ah, I understand.

So they went away and made Pakistan, where they are not oppressed.

Perfect logic.

its was the requierment not logic when muslim league demand for fair share in parlement in muslim mejority areas it was congress who rejected it. so it was congress who made muslim the situation if you can understand even Quaid-e-Azam M.Ali jinah was in congress then he left it due to this matter

He doesn't mind bowing down to Behenji though. ;)

And all that kornish during the Mughal times, complete prostration...

Anyway, who cares for this buffoon. He can go ***** himself.

Ya i wonder what would happen if they had told all those Muslim rulers that they wouldn't bow to them. Might have ended up being impaled on a spike..........

Now being secular doesnt mean... agreeing with people people who dont respect your National song ...

yah not anthem , why would you sing national song in parliment when you know that muslim have rejected it why not "sary jahan sy acha"

Shame on you

Well being the bearers of our birth and being younger than them Islam (and our culture) also demands people to respect their elders
This is just an issue of a community not subscribing to dharmic traditions. india being democratic and all should accept right to free speech and right to silence

mind you language dude its our faith not yours we respect our mother and even hidath says that haveen is beneath mothers foots so dont tell us the importance of mother but we bow to only All Mighty
Allah none other

I don't think you know that there was actually a reservation of legislative (not parliamentary) seats for Muslims. The problem lay elsewhere.

yah not anthem , why would you sing national song in parliment when you know that muslim have rejected it why not "sary jahan sy acha"

No very good reason, in my opinion. However, at one point of time, Parliament did adopt Vande Mataram as the National Hymn; not Anthem, as you correctly point out. To change things, we need to include Tarannum-e-Hind, or we need to exclude Vande Mataram.

india being democratic and all should accept right to free speech and right to silence

Both are accepted. What is in question is the unnecessary insult to the national song. As the gentleman in question said, he regularly chooses not to present himself when this is played. That is acceptable but having found himself in a situation where he was present, he should have stood up silently without singing. Does his idiotic logic also hold for being silent? Let me give you an example. Suppose the British national anthem(God save the Queen) is being sung/played in the Indian parliament/ceremonial occasion involving a state visit. Would this man, an elected member of the Indian Parliament show the same disrespect because he doesn't agree with the lyrics and is probably against his interpretation of Islam?

Back
Top Bottom