What's new

Brutal Over charging in electricity bills by PMLN.

First I thought it was giant spiderweb, then I looked closer and found it was a web of kundas. :D

See the difference. Do you guys have loadshedding in India?

It depends on the area/State, The state i live put load shedding of 1 hour for about 1 month in a year, and previous 2 years there was no power cut/load shedding

LOL, even in Pakistani capital, there is load shedding every other hour. LOL :D

Well i hope Pak government fixes these issues . Saala inflation salary ki value waise hi kam ker deta hai usme bhi tum unbearable electricity charge daal do .

They do, but the goal of this is not to generate long-term cheap electricity as was the case during the 60's but to quickly get commision on foreign backed low-cost fossil fuel power plants:
Electricity sector in Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's why every new power plant project is a disaster and milking the system as we call it here in Norway.

These projects have been on the paper for decades without anything done in practice like Bhasha Dam, Kalabagh Dam etc:
Kalabagh Dam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to that wikipedia ,Electricity of Pakistan is more dependent on fossil fuels .Fossil fuel will cause huge burden on consumers if they dont manage it very well.Any slightest inefficiencies in distributing network will spike bill because of the expense of fossil fuel .
China can give you more expertise in solar systems .A Hybrid system with less nuclear more hydro ,coal and solar will indeed helpful.

depends according to area like in kolkata its half hours a month(depend on service provider) , but in case of my house its like 1-3 hrs per day depending on time and season of year

First I thought it was giant spiderweb, then I looked closer and found it was a web of kundas. :D

IMF would then tax the people for stealing "sunlight", no worries :D

Look like Spiderman attacked Pakistan:D

Well i hope Pak government fixes these issues . Saala inflation salary ki value waise hi kam ker deta hai usme bhi tum unbearable electricity charge daal do .

Yes, just keep hoping. They could fix the problem in the 90's when I was back home before moving abroad to Norway. Back then, it was only load shedding for like an hour or two in a week. And that was in villages and towns. There was no loadshedding in cities back then. But now its complete chaos. I was in Islamabad in July this year and load shedding was unbearable as I had become accustomed to ZERO power cuts. Even cars, air conditioners, heaters run on electricity here :D

According to that wikipedia ,Electricity of Pakistan is more dependent on fossil fuels .Fossil fuel will cause huge burden on consumers if they dont manage it very well.Any slightest inefficiencies in distributing network will spike bill because of the expense of fossil fuel .
China can give you more expertise in solar systems .A Hybrid system with less nuclear more hydro ,coal and solar will indeed helpful.

Creating more dams would be a good idea, that solves 2 problem, one water shortage and the other is power shortage....

There is a power station in pathanamthitta, where they make electicity twice using the same water..... Created 2 dams, and put 1 power stations between the damns and 1 after the second one..... Innovation is the way ahead for solving such issues....

Creating more dams would be a good idea, that solves 2 problem, one water shortage and the other is power shortage....

You are right .More check dams and less huge dams like Idukki project will be more helpful.
Pakistan NW area is more prone to earthquake .So huge dams will be dangerous .A clear study will give a good picture.
And comparatively less expense due to water resources in Pakistan.

@nair You are mentioing about Sabarigir project .Am I rigght?

Last edited:

There is a power station in pathanamthitta, where they make electicity twice using the same water..... Created 2 dams, and put 1 power stations between the damns and 1 after the second one..... Innovation is the way ahead for solving such issues....

You indians are smart. After Islamization infested our nation in the 70's and 80's, all innovation and ingenuity is gone from this nation. Only looters and thugs left for exploitation. Pakistan is not a democracy but a kleptocracy. Btw, if you indians had build more dams on the rivers that lead to our nation, it could have solved our flooding problem. Plz build more dams and help us from overflowing every other year.

Yes, absolutely legal, 100%.
You have brains? Only a few percent of bills are actually metered correctly in Pakistan. The rest is based on assumptions.

And what good would it do? Loan payments would still be there. Only poor people shall suffer.

Removal of fuel subsidies improves the government's finances.

It might be legal mate, but it is not affordable and unacceptable....

Unaffordability is a separate economic issue, not related to the legality of the bills themselves.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom