What's new

Brunei adopts sharia law

That was Wiki but it may be over blown.
I thought so

Now look here:

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/208428.pdf

This is the government statistics.

It shows 83% Muslim. Since you say that is justified for applying a blanket Islamic law, why do your countrymen cry and fume about our country having a hindu/buddhist/sikh set of customs and culture? Why demand extra secularism? Because you think you can?
Because you hide it under the democratic and secular curtain! While Brunei didnt say that they say they are a Sultanate and hence can have Shariah...You can declare yourself Hindu and have your laws in your customs and culture :enjoy:

This is just a backward and stupid law. srry no offence

lets just wait for pakistan to accept this lunacy
Do you know the law? :coffee:

lol....bad for Brunei......
we will soon see its after effect in their society......and those saying indian having stomach ache over it..... why they don't agree with TTP of having sharia in their nation......Indians will be really happy if they do so......:agree:

1stly, how are women treated differently infront of this law...bring proof of this from this law as you claim!

Rest reported for derailing into Pakistan which is unrelated!

1.) Ok, then how is forcing women to wear burqas not violating their freedom?

2.) Unrelated? I know that Pakistan does not have sharia law, but this case is a valid example how religious fundamentalism threatens modern law and human rights.

1.) I know that Christians used it in Europe.... but we are living in 2014 and not 1400 AD. They dont use it anymore.
Muslims dont use it...it is media who uses that word...We say Kafir those who reject not blasphemy!
2.) Most heinous crimes? How is adultery most heinous? How is blasphemy most heinous?!
Adultery degrades a society...breaks a family...Will it be fine if you get an unfaithful wife? and under Shariah Adultery must be proven by 4 people who have witnessed it...the whole act! So tell me where will you get 4 people to be witness and testify in court?

Tell me something ,,,,,punishment for a women who gets pregnant outside marriage,and people here, women included are supporting these 17th century notion...shame on you guys.
What was your question? So Indians like bastard (its original meaning is out of wedlock) children? Really you find nothing wrong?

Secondly the woman is only punished for adultery not for getting pregnant!

So , why exactly has the crowd gone berserk ? Their country , their laws .

Death penalty for which crimes? And sufficient proof..? Thats great, but whats sufficient proof for a bunch of clerics running a "court" ?
Clerics wont run a court....Only a person who has a degree in Shariah can run a Shariah court ...and such a person is trained to ask for evidence and has to be up to date about science (basics he/ she doesnt need to know every detail) and they can have consultants, second opinion...I am not sure what you people think...It is a set of laws its not stated how the evidence needs to look like...just that it should be enough when asked scientist or a medical examiner...if they feel more tests need to be done then more will be asked to be done...seriously what is wrong with some people?!

Muslims dont use it...it is media who uses that word...We say Kafir those who reject not blasphemy!
Adultery degrades a society...breaks a family...Will it be fine if you get an unfaithful wife? and under Shariah Adultery must be proven by 4 people who have witnessed it...the whole act! So tell me where will you get 4 people to be witness and testify in court?

What was your question? So Indians like bastard (its original meaning is out of wedlock) children? Really you find nothing wrong?

Secondly the woman is only punished for adultery not for getting pregnant!

Keep talking to yourself..... or to your fundamentalist friends. Anyone who even tries to defend the murder of people for having sex or for speaking freely is a helpless case...
And why are you only talk about the punishment for women? Will men not killed and murdered for adultery?
But do whatever you want in your country, you are the ones who will see and feel the results of this backwardness

That cliche is always used to justify a bad law.
Yet it is always used by Indians to justify American and Israeli laws :agree:

Keep talking to yourself..... or to your fundamentalist friends. Anyone who even tries to defend the murder of people for having sex or for speaking freely is a helpless case...

But do whatever you want in your country, you are the ones who will see and feel the results of this backwardness
You are the 1 quoting me!

Then suit yourself....next time dont cry when someone is having sex in India (and it turns bad)....I will make sure to use your line about fundamentalists!

Yet it is always used by Indians to justify American and Israeli laws :agree:

You are the 1 quoting me!

Then suit yourself....next time dont cry when someone is having sex in India (and it turns bad)....I will make sure to use your line about fundamentalists!

Do it! You can wait for a long time till I do it!

Can't believe she said someone having sex in india and it turns bad. :lol:

Indians need to get laid more and smoke a lot more ganja.

That will make us chilled out more and less fundamentalist.

@Koovie

Imagine getting punished in kerala for being adulterous.

Imagine the genocide.

1.) Ok, then how is forcing women to wear burqas not violating their freedom?
Ok now you are sounding stupid! Wearing a burqa is not Shariah...Bruneians dont wear Burqas! Now I can see what Shariah is in your mind....well shame on you! Being ignorant like that and ranting about something that it isnt coz of your lack of knowledge! :tsk:
2.) Unrelated? I know that Pakistan does not have sharia law, but this case is a valid example how religious fundamentalism threatens modern law and human rights.
Depends how you define modern...Some define it by partying all night in a really small dress while other define it by being modest enough to be presentable so that not to attract the opposite gender's attention sexually ....As for human rights...who wrote that? Also peoples! Same people who sometimes end up giving fortunes to women who go around marrying rich men and then seeking a divorce....and I can give you alot of examples but yea 1 eye is always blind!

I have never denied in fact prob on page 3 I have written only those implementing the law may corrupt it but the law as far as I have read ....in terms of the points you raised is sound and your points just highlight how little you know about something you so hate!
Brainwashed? Maybe!

Beg your pardon?

NVM ....... you will see the results of these "laws" on the countries who adopted it.... may it be the economic, social, and political ones.
I am not going to rant against someone who defends the murder of people for having sex, the murder of people who speak whats on their mind etc etc etc

Sure, my knowledge about this matter is not very good, but I know that very wrong things happened and keep happening and that is enough for me.!

And I sincerely hope that Pakistan will never adopt it.

NVM ....... you will see the results of these "laws" on the countries who adopted it.... may it be the economic, social, and political ones.

And I hope that Pakistan will never adopt it

More importantly, I hope India never adopts it.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom