What's new

Brunei adopts sharia law

Yes you wouldn't but you want others to live under Islamic laws. Many might find it barbaric. I doubt any non Muslim would be willing to live under sharia. That is religious discrimination.
Because you havent been able to prove to me about how it is unjust to non Muslims...

The only ones finding it barbaric are the ones who dont even know it (in this thread Indians)

As for any Non-Muslim want to live under Shariah...well , we have a hand few but they converted to Islam

Global Muslim Survey Finds Support for Sharia, But Also Religious Pluralism

and I am sure you can google the rest :agree:

Many people actually support their dictatorships like all Saudis I have ever spoken to say we have seen democracy in the middle east, no thank you lol.

Then good for them:rolleyes:

Like people have a say in what goes on in your country.

You must not understand how. Representative democracy works. But then again youre probably some brainwashed religious fanatic that idolizes clerics and your dictators.

America isn't perfect. By any stretch of the imagination but we do get to choose our representative democratically.

Shameful that in the 21st century, Brunei still has a medieval attitude.
Kindly elaborate on this attitude...

Yet so far 2 Indians have agreed that they want a fast and brutal judgement for rapist but once such a law is available, the other page is turned?

On the rape threads Indians were giving galiyan, crying crocodile tears because it was not their relative but we Muslims believe that everyone should be treated the way you would want to be treated....hence any rape should be killed...bad law right?

And non Muslim citizens of Brunei (20%) don't?
1st prove they will be oppressed by this law! They may be oppressed by implementors...but my question is the law because that is what you are discussing

At least they upfront about it, meanwhile in India extremist hindu is going to be PM.

Kindly elaborate on this attitude...

Yet so far 2 Indians have agreed that they want a fast and brutal judgement for rapist but once such a law is available, the other page is turned?

On the rape threads Indians were giving galiyan, crying crocodile tears because it was not their relative but we Muslims believe that everyone should be treated the way you would want to be treated....hence any rape should be killed...bad law right?
Yes bad law.
The difference is that laws can be changed depending on the society's demand and wants.

Whereas in Sharia, there is supposedly laws given by God, which can not be changed even if society wants them to.

Plus there are other ridiculous medieval laws - like paying blood money to clear a man of murder, women getting married before 18, tons of other such things which are medieval at best.

You must not understand how. Representative democracy works. But then again youre probably some brainwashed religious fanatic that idolizes clerics and your dictators.

America isn't perfect. By any stretch of the imagination but we do get to choose our representative democratically.
Probably.

Yes you wouldn't but you want others to live under Islamic laws. Many might find it barbaric. I doubt any non Muslim would be willing to live under sharia. That is religious discrimination.
according to most muslims sharia is just,just how perhaps a christian law would be just for a christian,hindu law for a hindu.
everyone will say that their version is perfect,but as a minority i'd rather stay in a country which has same laws for each and everyone rather than a religious country which has special and different laws for me and where i am not given the same rights as the majority.
simple logic..

1st prove they will be oppressed by this law! They may be oppressed by implementors...but my question is the law because that is what you are discussing

Because you havent been able to prove to me about how it is unjust to non Muslims...

It is unjust by the basic design. It is a religious law which is being forced on people from other religions. Can't get more discriminatory than that.

Yes bad law.
The difference is that laws can be changed depending on the society's demand and wants.

Whereas in Sharia, there is supposedly laws given by God, which can not be changed even if society wants them to.
Lack of understanding leads to such conclusions...

Shariah can be changed...it is derived from the Quran but it is not the Quran....Lack of understanding makes you lot scared and fight against something you know not!
Plus there are other ridiculous medieval laws - like paying blood money to clear a man of murder, women getting married before 18, tons of other such things which are medieval at best.
Again lack of knowledge makes you look a little ....anyway I have addressed the blood money in this very thread

There is no law of women getting married before 18...Stop confusing culture/ customs of paidu and Mullah with Shariah!

according to most muslims sharia is just,just how perhaps a christian law would be just for a christian,hindu law for a hindu.
everyone will say that their version is perfect,but as a minority i'd rather stay in a country which has same laws for each and everyone rather than a religious country which has special and different laws for me and where i am not given the same rights as the majority.
simple logic..

The weird thing is these Pakistanis don't want sharia in their own country, as they think it might be misused. Funny they don't have similar concerns for other countries. Such hypocrites!

It is unjust by the basic design. It is a religious law which is being forced on people from other religions. Can't get more discriminatory than that.
It would be discriminatory had it stopped their right to practice their religion, did it do that? No

It would be discriminatory if it cuts you into Muslims and Non Muslims like cast system..did it do that? No

It would be discriminatory if you are treated unjustly based on a category. Does it do that? No...so how is it discriminatory? Kindly do explain you phobia!

It would be discriminatory had it stopped their right to practice their religion, did it do that? No

It would be discriminatory if it cuts you into Muslims and Non Muslims like cast system..did it do that? No

It would be discriminatory if you are treated unjustly based on a category. Does it do that? No...so how is it discriminatory? Kindly do explain you phobia!

It might be the best law under the sun, that is not even the point.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom