What's new

Brunei adopts sharia law

Sultan of Brunei is just using Islam as a political tool for political gains. Sharia'h without a people's representative electoral system is like a car without a fuel tank.
He wont be the judge...he is Sultan so he can choose his own law...He had British law for long enough....

Secondly, yes I do agree but he only implemented the Shariah for punishment to bring down crime rate not other parts of Shariah otherwise Indians would get a heartattack!

It is now the law of the land...be it Islamic or man made...it is a law...they have lived in that country for years when it had shariah court, partial shariah law and code of conduct...now whats their problem? They heard Indians Whining from across the ocean?! :unsure:

Don't get personal. My nationality has nothing to do with it. It is an instrument of religious discrimination of non Muslim population. I would have said the same if I was a Muslim. Would you want to live under some religious law of another religion? I am sure you won't. It is basic human rights.

I talked about decision making you are stuck on laws!

The topic is a change of law in a country. Pentagon can't take any decision which is against the written laws of the USA.

Their country, their rules.

Only its not their country. It belongs to the dictator, I mean sultan. And the people don't have a say. So no it's not their country and no it's not their rules. Logical fallacy destroyed.

Thank you. Come again.

Don't get personal. My nationality has nothing to do with it. It is an instrument of religious discrimination of non Muslim population. I would have said the same if I was a Muslim. Would you want to live under some religious law of another religion? I am sure you won't. It is basic human rights.
Prove to me it is discrimination....No I wouldnt, unless it is just!

The topic is a change of law in a country. Pentagon can't take any decision which is against the written laws of the USA.
I know that is why I said it went off topic

Only its not their country. It belongs to the dictator, I mean sultan. And the people don't have a say. So no it's not their country and no it's not their rules. Logical fallacy destroyed.

Thank you. Come again.
Like people have a say in what goes on in your country.

sultan of Brunei seems like a humble and pious man lmao

Sure I expect you would say the same when Muslims criticize countries like France or Norway. And FYI I am talking about non Muslim citizens of that country.

Saudi Arabia criticises Norway over human rights record - News - The Independent
1 thing under freedom of everything is that in Norway they dont allow the slaughter of meat...hence Muslims cant get Zahibha meat and hence that is also hindering religious practice but since we are not strict carnivores and also because Muslims import the meat, no one raises any voice....but the same country does have some irks which are brushed under the rug!

No country is perfect...Dig enough you find junk in everyone's closet!

Prove to me it is discrimination....No I wouldnt, unless it is just!

Yes you wouldn't but you want others to live under Islamic laws. Many might find it barbaric. I doubt any non Muslim would be willing to live under sharia. That is religious discrimination.

Like people have a say in what goes on in your country.

Is that your argument?

1 thing under freedom of everything is that in Norway they dont allow the slaughter of meat...hence Muslims cant get Zahibha meat and hence that is also hindering religious practice but since we are not strict carnivores and also because Muslims import the meat, no one raises any voice....but the same country does have some irks which are brushed under the rug!

No country is perfect...Dig enough you find junk in everyone's closet!

It was in reply to his post "their country their rules". When you can criticize other countries, others can also criticize you. I am not supporting Norway here.

You seem to have a backward mindset. These Muslim citizens have been living in those country for 3-4 generations. They have a right to speak about the country's policies.

And non Muslim citizens of Brunei (20%) don't?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom