What's new

British Defence Minister seeks closer aerospace ties

220 is not un-achievable .. but as you said if they cooperate in the TOT ..then I think its very much possible ...we need 42X20=840...... if number reach 220 then the LCA will become a really potent platform with Kaveri engine and world class Electronic ware fare suits.
and I think Rafale and FGFA will be last imports in fighter class air craft.

I'm being conservative with the Rafale numbers, 90 more (to be made in India ) is what Dassualt and the GoI are offically in talks for right now but if you factor in orginal MMRCA requirements and the IN's needs the total number is another >220++

I mean 42 total sectioned squatdrons ... I mean 5 Squadrons for Air force and 5 squadrons for Navy. Lets see how AMCA will go.
42 SQNs of Rafale are not needed, there will be >15 SQNs of MKIs and 10 SQNs of LCA not to mention 10+ SQNs of AMCA in the long term. I think the IAF would like 8-9 Rafale SQNs.

The French are increidible businessmen, they are clearly doing all they can to clinch the follow on Rafale order (>90 units) and the GoI have been smart to dangle that carrot out to them and hold back until they see progress on these offsets.

If India upholds its end of the bargin, the French will do the same- they have never crossed India and have always been there for India.
Agree, France is a reliable and pragmatic supplier as well, but so is Britain. Both countries have their own share of issues though(depending on their interests/threats perception), for example even though France and Britain (as Europe's two leading military powers) do have their fair share of limiting/halting their defence exports when their intetests are threatened and threat perception is high, they seldom do this unlike the world's sole superpower the U.S . :) The few times both powers have limit or influence others to halt their weapons exports are for example Britain intervening to stop the Gripen fighter jet(which had a significant British input) from being exported to Argentina for obvious reasons, while France has stopped the delivery of its Mistral amphibious ship to Russia. However, Britain and France have no conflict of interests with India, not now, not anytime soon. So I fail to see why they will ever dishonour any deal/export with India

Agree, France is a reliable and pragmatic supplier as well, but so is Britain. Both countries have their own share of issues though(depending on their interests/threats perception), for example even though France and Britain (as Europe's two leading military powers) do have their fair share of limiting/halting their defence exports when their intetests are threatened and threat perception is high, they seldom do this unlike the world's sole superpower the U.S . :) The few times both powers have limit or influence others to halt their weapons exports are for example Britain intervening to stop the Gripen fighter jet(which had a significant British input) from being exported to Argentina for obvious reasons, while France has stopped the delivery of its Mistral amphibious ship to Russia. However, Britain and France have no conflict of interests with India, not now, not anytime soon. So I fail to see why they will ever dishonour any deal/export with India
No doubting what you have said mate.

I just don't think India's defence import plans line up with the UK's defence portfolio very much. In terms of big capital deals there isn't really much the UK could offer to India that India is looking to buy from abroad.

In this sense, France, with a massively wider defence portfolio, is a more logical partner and hence why India and France ties are becoming much more strategic in nature.

If India upholds its end of the bargin, the French will do the same- they have never crossed India and have always been there for India.

Yes I think what you say is true. France along with Russia and also Israel have helped India in the past. We didn't ditch India during hard times and because of that we can build a strong relation for the next decades.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom