What's new

Britain refusing visas to Pakistanis in thousands!

We should not qualify our thinking by our heritage. This should be done by the merits of the case. Do you want NHS to collapse with unlimited demands. Do you want house prices to go out of the roof? Do you want your next generation to struggle to get jobs because of migrants have got them. Do you want overcrowding? The reality is UK is a tiny island. We have to think in the broader context.

You know that when ever I see a fellow Pakistan ( migrant or not ) I always help even if they have no money. However we must also be mature and responsible by looking at the broader picture.
I said it before that i am not against any restriction about immigration if they see it having positive impact on their economy. I just want it to apply equally to everyone. Now every immigrants , visitor or even international student pay NHS charges for each year of their stay in UK unlike European/British and they cannot claim any resource to public funds so its them who are paying towards NHS or income tax

Its not one way traffic. For a country to take migrants you have to look at their interests too. They need people who are educated and could contribute to their country's economy. Unfortunately Pakistanis do not fall in any category.. As a Pakistani myself who travelled and lived in pretty much every corner of the world, I'm ashamed to see the level of corruption Pakistanis do. Once they come on foreign land they expect everything will be given to them by spoon feeding. We hate Indians but lets be honest, they are far better community. They are hard working, live by the rules, and live in harmony.

From an honest and unbiased POV, I have to agree with you.

Not true. I live in Abudhabi.
I see Indians in NZ embassy, in AUS embassy and every where else.
It's not about Pakistanis versus Indians. It's just that in ABUDHABI the population of Indians is way higher compared to that in other Emirates of UAE.

Can you provide any credible data to back up your claim?

Well. High Commission work on the instructions of their foreign office, dont they?

So what are these instructions? Every country keeps track of how many visas are issued to a particular country, and of those, how many are used correctly, and how many apply for temporary or permanent adjustments of various kinds. Those numbers are sent back to each relevant High commission or Embassy to use to adjust their procedures accordingly. There is no problem here, but due and correct process.

Engineers, nurses and construction workers are in short supply, depressing the growth in the UK labour market

Shortage of skilled workers drags down UK jobs market, driving up pay inflation - Telegraph

The only major construction going on in UK is probably that Cross-Rail project in London.

Health care is always a shortage not just in U.K but everywhere else in the world.

Never really understood how U.K's economy works. I mean they don't have natural resources and the industries that existed were either scraped, sold or moved to China. The agriculture is probably not so much and probably can't compete with other E.U countries like Spain and Italy.

The only major construction going on in UK is probably that Cross-Rail project in London.

Health care is always a shortage not just in U.K but everywhere else in the world.

Never really understood how U.K's economy works. I mean they don't have natural resources and the industries that existed were either scraped, sold or moved to China. The agriculture is probably not so much and probably can't compete with other E.U countries like Spain and Italy.
The UK has been the fastest growing economy in the G7 for 3 consecutive years as of October 2015. In 2014 the UK was the ninth-largest exporter in the world and the fifth-largest importer, and had the second largest stock of inward foreign direct investment and the second-largest stock of outward foreign direct investment

The service sector dominates the UK economy, contributing around 78% of GDP; the financial services industry is particularly important and London is the world's largest financial centre (tied with New York). The British aerospace industry is the second- or third-largest national aerospace industry depending on the method of measurement.[32][The pharmaceutical industryplays an important role in the economy and the UK has the third-highest share of global pharmaceutical R&D. The automotive industry is also a major employer and exporter. The British economy is boosted by North Sea oil and gas production; its reserves were valued at an estimated £120 billion in 2011.

Economy of the United Kingdom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Currently, there are more than 1.2 million Pakistanis living in the UK and hundreds of thousands are on the waiting list to move to the UK.

But what is the source of that claim? A Pakistani newspaper report?
Which is why I used the word 'allege' when referring to the claims made in my first response to you.

My main issue is over your comment of 'don't go where you aren't welcome' in the context of this piece - the UK government has not made any official statement indicating that 'Pakistanis are not welcome in the UK', and, as you just pointed out above, even the claims of an 'unofficial policy of Pakistanis being unwelcome in the UK' isn't more than an allegation in one Pakistani paper at the moment.

Therefore, there's no reason for Pakistanis to believe that they are 'unwelcome in the UK' is there?

Therefore, there's no reason for Pakistanis to believe that they are 'unwelcome in the UK' is there?

Ergo, they are free to apply by the thousands for visas to the UK. Go for it! No problem here that I can see. :D

Its not one way traffic. For a country to take migrants you have to look at their interests too. They need people who are educated and could contribute to their country's economy. Unfortunately Pakistanis do not fall in any category.. As a Pakistani myself who travelled and lived in pretty much every corner of the world, I'm ashamed to see the level of corruption Pakistanis do. Once they come on foreign land they expect everything will be given to them by spoon feeding. We hate Indians but lets be honest, they are far better community. They are hard working, live by the rules, and live in harmony.

I know a Pakistani here in my college in Canada. He became citizen or so previous year. He applied for unemployment benefit it seems and stopped going part time jobs. And now it has ended he has started to ask every Tom and Harry to refer him for part time jobs.
Even Part time here needs reference.

I don't support indiscriminate refusal of visa based on religion or nationality. But certainly UK should take care that people not abuse its visa system.

two family friends of mine went to UK on workers visa some years back. Tings didn't work out and they went back to Pakistan after two years of hardship there. Some bits of story I got was, they ended up working menial jobs at desi restaurants. Since obtaining a driver's license was impossible and without it finding work very hard. They barely recovered the costs of their visa and travel and had to settle for going back. And pleasantly, they're doing good in Pakistan.

I know a Pakistani here in my college in Canada. He became citizen or so previous year. He applied for unemployment benefit it seems and stopped going part time jobs. And now it has ended he has started to ask every Tom and Harry to refer him for part time jobs.
Even Part time here needs reference.

Exactly...

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom