What's new

Britain and China pledge closer military ties

stax

Reaction score
13:29 GMT, February 4, 2010 LONDON | As the Xinhua news agency reports, a top British military official met on Wednesday with visiting Deputy Chief of General Staff of the Chinese People's Liberation Army Ma Xiaotian, pledging to strengthen bilateral military ties.

Jock Stirrup, Chief of the Defence Staff, said during the meeting that the British military "attaches great importance to the friendly relationship" with the Chinese military and expects more efforts to be made to improve mutual understanding and trust and to step up pragmatic cooperation.

Ma suggested that both sides should maintain high level exchange visits, steadily promote the communication and cooperation of professional personnel, expand cooperation and push forward the relationship between the two militaries.

Ma also met with Simon McDonald, British prime minister's adviser on foreign policy and co-chaired a defence consultation.

Original Link:

defence.professionals | defpro.com

13:29 GMT, February 4, 2010 LONDON | As the Xinhua news agency reports, a top British military official met on Wednesday with visiting Deputy Chief of General Staff of the Chinese People's Liberation Army Ma Xiaotian, pledging to strengthen bilateral military ties.

Jock Stirrup, Chief of the Defence Staff, said during the meeting that the British military "attaches great importance to the friendly relationship" with the Chinese military and expects more efforts to be made to improve mutual understanding and trust and to step up pragmatic cooperation.

Ma suggested that both sides should maintain high level exchange visits, steadily promote the communication and cooperation of professional personnel, expand cooperation and push forward the relationship between the two militaries.

Ma also met with Simon McDonald, British prime minister's adviser on foreign policy and co-chaired a defence consultation.

Original Link:

defence.professionals | defpro.com

I would take caution with these slimeballs. Phony Tony isn't the only one whose phony!

British ties with China will provide useful info for the US, who recently China put military ties on hold.

Is this britain that britain which strongly protested china of execused their citizen who tried to bring drug into china?:lol:
Is there two britain on this planet?:lol:

Is this britain that britain which strongly protested china of execused their citizen who tried to bring drug into china?:lol:
Is there two britain on this planet?:lol:

that was protest from the government, go to British news sites, most do not mind china's sentence on the drug mule

that was protest from the government, go to British news sites, most do not mind china's sentence on the drug mule

Politicians are just some excellent actors.
Never care what a politician said.

Now Hilary is criticizing China, but in the future she may say "China is US's friend".

:azn:

UK is good for nothing

U are no longer power

only USA and BRIC are powers!

Oh! i didn't knew that. And this thing is just on paper no military cooperation will take place. If UK is that bad as you think, then why the hell i see so many chinese these days here in UK? Get the facts right yours is developing and we are developed. ;)

Oh! i didn't knew that. And this thing is just on paper no military cooperation will take place. If UK is that bad as you think, then why the hell i see so many chinese these days here in UK? Get the facts right yours is developing and we are developed. ;)

Dude's right, China is developing and one day when it's developed, you guys got something to go on. In the meantime, focus on your way up and stop bragging.

Dude's right, China is developing and one day when it's developed, you guys got something to go on. In the meantime, focus on your way up and stop bragging.

Alrighty! yea i could see them developed in about 15-20 years? I think USA is more concerned about china rather than UK. Chinese are demanding cold war on USA :china: perhaps an eye opner? :azn: When china is developed USA will be like :cry: rather than UK :tup:

UK will be mirginalized by BRIC, Muslim World and even European Union (continental) itself. :smokin:

Last edited:
Lol. How will the European continent be a part of this? Explain.

UK has much more rivals in European continent like France and Germany

UK is not in Euro Zone, but France and Germany are main supporter of Euro.

UK doesn't want to take risk of fluctuation of Euro exchange rate and still keeps Pounds.

France and Germany don't trust UK in European affairs. :)

UK has much more rivals in European continent like France and Germany

UK is not in Euro Zone, but France and Germany are main supporter of Euro.

UK doesn't want to take risk of fluctuation of Euro exchange rate and still keeps Pounds.

France and Germany don't trust UK in European affairs. :)

Rivals? How did you jump to that conclusion. And i would like to make a point here its france who is hostile towards muslim world.
Eg - Nicolas Sarkozy: burqa not welcome in France - Telegraph

Link for that second point of your's.

They dont trust, Hell yeah. Who does in this world? :azn:
Everyone is up for their own interest and same goes with European continent.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom