What's new

Beijing, New Delhi poised for closer ties - China daily

My friend,we are not saying that border issue is not important. But we can convince ourselves that as of now our priorities must be different.Practically speaking Indo-China boundary disputes will not be solved as easily as the Sino-Russian dispute.But we have a lot of potentials in trade and for now we can exploit it and make money. Once we take our large population out of poverty barriers,give them proper education and basic human needs, other issues will be solved it's own with due course of time.

I don't know how that will solve the issue, Japan which is a developed country made a sudden purchase of Diaoyu didn't solve the matter now did it?

Forfeit claim to AP, which is a culturally Indian state, and we can be mitr till the end of time.

I don't know how that will solve the issue, Japan which is a developed country made a sudden purchase of Diaoyu didn't solve the matter now did it?
Mate, it is not like we had no option for a border settlement in the past. Please remember when Zhou Enlai visited Delhi in April'1960 he made a magnanimous offer. He said," you keep what you hold,you take too anything that is in dispute and occupied by neither,and we keep what we hold."
But our leadership failed to realize the importance of such amicable solution and missed this opportunity to settle the issue for which we paid a heavy price two years later. Our historical ignorance of the subject,our idiotic adherence to the meaningless Johnson line made the things look forever complicated. What we can do is to go back in our 1960 position and make a new start from there. But this process should be slow and devoid of nationalistic jingoism and we need to educate our people with the importance of peace and tranquility with neighbors and build a new world order.

The largest religion in Arunachal Pradesh is Hinduism so it belongs to India.

Well, for Modi, I think his priority is to develop economy in a sustaining way like what was done in China for the past 30 years.

He need get those in poverty out of poverty soon. To do so, he need create a lot of jobs. Developing india's infrastructure should be a better way to hire a lot of people, for instance.

And india need a lot of investment to carry on all types of development projects.

It won't be easy but very promising if he can set his target straight.

China is open about border disputes, it's India who don't want to make any compromise. India is imperialist. I don't what Modi will do, hopefully he is less stupid that his predecessor.

what is johnson line? I thought it is the mcmahon line we object. Here "we" means Qing Empire, ROC and PRC. Basically, none of the Chinese Central Governments recognize that british's land grabbing nonsense.

Mate, it is not like we had no option for a border settlement in the past. Please remember when Zhou Enlai visited Delhi in April'1960 he made a magnanimous offer. He said," you keep what you hold,you take too anything that is in dispute and occupied by neither,and we keep what we hold."
But our leadership failed to realize the importance of such amicable solution and missed this opportunity to settle the issue for which we paid a heavy price two years later. Our historical ignorance of the subject,our idiotic adherence to the meaningless Johnson line made the things look forever complicated. What we can do is to go back in our 1960 position and make a new start from there. But this process should be slow and devoid of nationalistic jingoism and we need to educate our people with the importance of peace and tranquility with neighbors and build a new world order.

United states of america wont leave any stone unturned for a close relation with india..it is up to china either to beat war drum or to make peace with india ..we are tough democracy when it comes to border issue ..no govt will sign border deal untill and unless people buy it ..so being autocratic its china which can push itself without selling it to the people i guess ..

It's not right coz China abandoned the outer hinggan mountains lands lost in Qing dynasty, it's bigger than South Tibet lands.

So today the South Tibet disput between India and China, lands also lost in Qing dynasty to the Great Britain.
You know what?South Tibet is now in our own maps and we are not talking about relation with Russian.

We do business with everyone, even with enemies like Japan and America.

Not sure why it matters to you, aren't you the traitor who likes to insult the PLA?
PLA should be blamed,I say again.

No other more enemy but only Indian for Senkaku neither one occupied and America just a far away country.

Modi has taken several trips to China. I am sure that multiple deals are in the making. China has already made the pledge of large funds available. India needs to work up a project list and I think the negotiation will soon be on the way. I think a state visit would be announced very soon and big deals would be signed.

Chinese FM will be coming to India soon too that will be the first step and I am sure a state visit will be on cards sooner rather than later.

Well, for Modi, I think his priority is to develop economy in a sustaining way like what was done in China for the past 30 years.

He need get those in poverty out of poverty soon. To do so, he need create a lot of jobs. Developing india's infrastructure should be a better way to hire a lot of people, for instance.

And india need a lot of investment to carry on all types of development projects.

It won't be easy but very promising if he can set his target straight.

what is johnson line? I thought it is the mcmahon line we object. Here "we" means Qing Empire, ROC and PRC. Basically, none of the Chinese Central Governments recognize that british's land grabbing nonsense.
it won't work for these indians. China's case is different set in different time. Every country knows it now so countries are not so stupid to transfer the tech and put their own people out of work anymore.

Indians are just dreaming trying to emulate China. The question is why? I thought indians say Chinese are inferior to them, lol. :lol:

W H Johnson was a surveyor who worked for the princely state of Kashmir. In his survey in 1865,he put Aksai China within the boundary of Kashmir. This boundary was later called Johnson Ardagh line along the crest of Kun Lun mountains in Aksai China.

Sino-Indian boundary dispute is actually three folded. One in the north west (Ladakh/Aksai China), the middle sector (Himachal/Uttar Pradesh with Tibet) and the third in South East( NEFA).All three are entangled with each other and specially the disputes in Northern sector and South Eastern sectors are remarkably intertwined with each other. In 1960, Zhou Enlai offered a status quo in which he offered us to have NEFA and in return he wanted India to reject its ludicrous claim on the basis of Johnson Ardagh line which we did not agree. India claimed Aksai China as an integral part of it within its pious border which had no historical merit at all. If we accepted China's offer then perhaps we could have averted a lot of humiliation later.

It seems that british's plot to steal land from tibet, a.k.a. really from Qing Empire, started long before mcmahon.

By what you described, british actually stole the land for itself since there is no india but british empire. I bet it would have not done so if it has to give up india less than 100 years later.

I would not waste my time dispute with any indian members again though I do believe those land are part of tibet, therefore part of China.

I would simply state that: for each dalai lama, he always chose his successor within tibet region and never outside. However, the birth place of sixth dalai lama, Dawang is now occupied by india, which is called south tibet in China.

I would rather look for more export possibilities......
W H Johnson was a surveyor who worked for the princely state of Kashmir. In his survey in 1865,he put Aksai China within the boundary of Kashmir. This boundary was later called Johnson Ardagh line along the crest of Kun Lun mountains in Aksai China.

Sino-Indian boundary dispute is actually three folded. One in the north west (Ladakh/Aksai China), the middle sector (Himachal/Uttar Pradesh with Tibet) and the third in South East( NEFA).All three are entangled with each other and specially the disputes in Northern sector and South Eastern sectors are remarkably intertwined with each other. In 1960, Zhou Enlai offered a status quo in which he offered us to have NEFA and in return he wanted India to reject its ludicrous claim on the basis of Johnson Ardagh line which we did not agree. India claimed Aksai China as an integral part of it within its pious border which had no historical merit at all. If we accepted China's offer then perhaps we could have averted a lot of humiliation later.

Chinese should hand over Kailash and other parts of Tibet to India for religious reasons :enjoy:

It seems that british's plot to steal land from tibet, a.k.a. really from Qing Empire, started long before mcmahon.

By what you described, british actually stole the land for itself since there is no india but british empire. I bet it would have not done so if it has to give up india less than 100 years later.

I would not waste my time dispute with any indian members again though I do believe those land are part of tibet, therefore part of China.

I would simply state that: for each dalai lama, he always chose his successor within tibet region and never outside. However, the birth place of sixth dalai lama, Dawang is now occupied by india, which is called south tibet in China.
The British know well what are good things so later they made a new line instead of the Johnson line and more later made the McMahon line.

Chinese should hand over Kailash and other parts of Tibet to India for religious reasons :enjoy:
Kailash for you and the AP for?

With Kashmir issue resolved and Indian assurances of not infiltrating the Pakistani culture, Asia will more or less become a power. A power that won't counter Europe/America.

A power that will eliminate corruption and lift people off poverty. A power that will spend on its people and their well being. A power that will work with all the countries to go beyond the horizons.

It just takes few sacrifices from both sides to settle the dispute once and for all.

India is in a better position right now.

If they want, peace can prevail.

Back
Top Bottom