What's new

Breaking: US Navy destroyer intercepts multiple missiles off the coast of Yemen

Kindly provide a breakdown of these supposed 1000 "vertical launch cells" in the Red Sea region

IMG_3966.jpeg

My apologies, 900 vertical launch cells, but then you add in ESSM and RAM launchers, EW, and decoy defenses. And it’s highly likely an SSGN is in the Med with 154 Tomahawk missile capacity.

And by region, I mean in defense of Israel. And the Eisenhower group will be arriving in region soon.

I see people in forums and otherwise desperate that why islamic countries not doing anything against israel.

Problem isn't Israel actually. Problem is the United States which enables Israel to carry out massive strikes without any worry of outside consequences. US has its multiple carrier fleets in the region for Israel protection and to show of force that no one can even think to join this war against Israel. In addition, the United states has multiple bases in multiple countries in the region. So those countries can't do much even if they want to.

Solution:
There is no short term solution, but in the long term the key countries in middle east need to shift their total dependence on the US and shift to China/Russia. I see some small improvements already, KSA warming up relations with Russia and China. UAE bought light attack / trainer aircrafts from China, Not sure but any of the countries bought Chinese drones as well However, this process needs to step up, Islamic block needs to understand that when it comes to Israel Versus any islamic country, US will ALWAYS choose Israel. It has forever supported it with billions in cash and weapons and it will KEEP supporting it FOREVER.

View attachment 963573

My apologies, 900 vertical launch cells, but then you add in ESSM and RAM launchers, EW, and decoy defenses. And it’s highly likely an SSGN is in the Med with 154 Tomahawk missile capacity.

And by region, I mean in defense of Israel. And the Eisenhower group will be arriving in region soon.

US makes sure that no other country even think to join this war against Israel.

US aircraft carrier strike groups is ultimate power project capability. It can stop nations to plan anything with just show of force.

View attachment 963573

How many of those VLS cells are for SAMs vs SSMs?

I am not sure SM-2/3 etc can intercept missiles fired from Yemen at targets in southern Israel (such as Eilat) from the Med, those two US CSGs are c. 300km away from Eilat

How many of those VLS cells are for SAMs vs SSMs?

I am not sure SM-2/3 etc can intercept missiles fired from Yemen at targets in southern Israel (such as Eilat) from the Med, those two US CSGs are c. 300km away from Eilat

SM-6 ranges out to 300 miles.

For the cruisers, 90-100

The destroyers 50-60. And they can quad pack ESSMs.

SM-6 ranges out to 300 miles.

For the cruisers, 90-100

The destroyers 50-60. And they can quad pack ESSMs.
SM-6 is a formidable beast, but they would have to fly across all of Israel first and risk debris over Israel itself, not sure they would do that

How many of those cruisers and destroyers (1) are in the Red Sea and, for those in the Med (2) how many SM-6 missiles do they carry? I would guess the answer to these two questions results in a total number of relevant VLS cells well below 1000

The US has up to 1,000 vertical launch cells in the region. Nobody is overwhelming the USN
We are overwhelmed with verbal diarrhea of those who do not WTF they are talking about. By the way, remember when we were swamped with how the SM system cannot intercept missiles?

US Destroyers in this class typically carry c. 40-50 SAMs. Can be overwhelmed quite easily.
I know for a fact that this is wrong. Well, even if we are don't count the magazine compartment, you are talking about 2/3 of 96 VLS are loaded with either SM-2/3/6 or Quad-Pack RIM-162. US destroyer doesn't generally carry SSM in their VLS, they have Harpoon and Torpedo launcher separately for that. Only small amount of US DDG VLS carry Tomahawk missile in ready to use config

As for how many a single Destroyer actually carries. It's depending on the mission profile. But it would be more, a lot more than just 40-50 SAMs......I don't think even OHP class frigate carry that amount.

I know for a fact that this is wrong. Well, even if we are don't count the magazine compartment, you are talking about 2/3 of 96 VLS are loaded with either SM-2/3/6 or Quad-Pack RIM-162.
OK, 64 instead of 50. Doesn't change much.

Do those Houthi missiles even have enough range?
to where? Israel seems too far off, isn't it? Also, one would need real good control & guidance technology to achieve any degree of accuracy with that long cruise, unless the intent is general terror sowing.

Whoa - shades of Saddam days again, with long range missiles flying.

Not looking good.

I hope everyone involved knows where things are going.

This is for sure a warning shot across the bow.

How many countries can Is-rail bomb with their air force?

to where? Israel seems too far off, isn't it?
Israel is c. 1600km away from Yemen (/Ansarallah controlled territory).

Ansarallah possesses cruise missiles, ballistic missiles and drones with a sufficient range to strike targets in southern Israel.

<1600km (<1000 miles) from North Yemen to south Israel. 1700km to Dimona. 1750km to Beer Sheba. 1800km to Tel Aviv.

yem.png

Last edited:
OK, 64 instead of 50. Doesn't change much.
64 on ready to use, you get double or trip that in the magazine compartment that can load those VLS in seconds and that's just for 1 ship

Why are the Americans even there

You turn up off the coast of multiple countries, you support apartheid and oppression and then when people have had enough,, you act innocent
take your fcuking ship back to America

US is there to protect Yemeni and Saudi Muslims against Iranian-backed militia. The missiles intercepted may have been heading to Saudi Arabia.

There is no short term solution, but in the long term the key countries in middle east need to shift their total dependence on the US and shift to China/Russia.

Which CCP?

As opposed to:

Or Russia:

Your white knights are as clean as your claimed perpetrators.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom