What's new

Breaking: Trump to Deliver Statement on Syria

Russian PROPAGANDA MACHINE in full gear now.

Damascus was supposed to be heavily defended per local sources and under Russian umbrella of protection. What happened?

To be fair, Russian defenses are probably there to protect Russian assets. Unless the US starts sending Tomahawks indiscriminately into Khmeimim Air Base or anywhere with a significant Russian presence, Moscow will stay put.

THAADs are much more advanced and capable. Lot of evidence of its intercept in various tests.

THAAD and S-400 are two different types of systems with different roles. They are not directly comparable.

Apparently a Russian frigate was stalking the Cook during the attack. The Cook was heavily armed with air defense measures though.

US F-15's and F-16's also provided air cover over the East Med from potential Russian fighter and anti-ship missile attacks.

Apparently a Russian frigate was stalking the Cook during the attack. The Cook was heavily armed with air defense measures though.

US F-15's and F-16's also provided air cover over the East Med from potential Russian fighter and anti-ship missile attacks.

Any idea if any F-35s were involved in the operation? They could integrate JASSM missiles as well, if I'm not mistaken.

To be fair, Russian defenses are probably there to protect Russian assets. Unless the US starts sending Tomahawks indiscriminately into Khmeimim Air Base or anywhere with a significant Russian presence, Moscow will stay put.
Russian ambassador to Lebanon actually boasted that Russians WILL shoot down any missile that would violate Syrian airspace. We are mocking him and Russian propaganda-bots; not Russians on the whole. There are sensible Russians who understand their limits.

In other words, humility is a thing. Don't make TALL CLAIMS that you cannot live up to.

THAAD and S-400 are two different types of systems with different roles. They are not directly comparable.
True! Agreed.

I appreciate honesty and legitimate arguments.

Russian ambassador to Lebanon actually boasted that Russians shoot down any missile that would violate Syrian airspace.

We are mocking him; not Russians on the whole. There are sensible Russians who understand their limits.

However, humility is a thing. Don't make TALL CLAIMS that you cannot live up to.

Unless the Russian MoD or Ministry Of Foreign Affairs makes such a statement, it's good to keep in mind that anyone with fingers and access to the Internet can make such statements "on behalf" of a nation.

Russian ambassador to Lebanon actually boasted that Russians WILL shoot down any missile that would violate Syrian airspace.

We are mocking him and Russian propaganda-bots; not Russians on the whole. There are sensible Russians who understand their limits.

However, humility is a thing. Don't make TALL CLAIMS that you cannot live up to.

True! Agreed.

I appreciate honesty and legitimate arguments.

No, US *** licking propaganda bot, Russian ambassador said that Russia "reserve the right" to shoot down missiles. There was no single missile fired near Russian air-defence sites.

Unless the Russian MoD or Ministry Of Foreign Affairs makes such a statement, it's good to keep in mind that anyone with fingers and access to the Internet can make such statements "on behalf" of a nation.
Ambassadors are representatives of a state. People will take the claims of any ambassador at face value because we can expect each to be privy to sensitive matters behind-the-scenes. Sometimes, a message from the state is conveyed through an ambassador in another country.

B/W Damascus was supposed to be off-limits based on what I heard before the strike. US delivering strikes in the heart of power of Syria does not reflect well on Russian ability to protect its allies in the face of an onslaught.

According to propagandists like you, your allies might have stopped every cruise missile. You are not fooling anybody.

US didn't promise to cripple the entire defense network of Syria; this operation is intended to convey a message.

Do you ever shut your blowhole? If ever there was a propagandist it was you. I literally said multiple times that Syrian air defenses were ancient and can easily be overwhelmed. I have said it for a long time.

And since when did the US ever fly into hostile airspace without trying to suppress enemy air defenses? Do you think the US would risk the embarrassment of losing aircraft and hundreds of millions of dollars due to aircraft and cruise missile losses?

You are a US cheerleader, you have been know to say the dumbest things to support US perceived superiority.

Clearly the US and coalition failed to supress Syrian air defense. It must sting inside.

Any idea if any F-35s were involved in the operation? They could integrate JASSM missiles as well, if I'm not mistaken.

I've seen nothing on the F-35 or F-22 being involved for that matter.

No, US *** licking propaganda bot, Russian ambassador said that Russia "reserve the right" to shoot down missiles. There was no single missile fired near Russian air-defence sites.
Twisting his words now?

“If there is a strike by the Americans, then...the missiles will be downed and even the sources from which the missiles were fired,” Zasypkin told Hezbollah’s al-Manar TV, speaking in Arabic.

Source: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ired-at-syria-will-be-shot-down-idUSKBN1HI0PU

You lying sumbag.

Ambassadors are representatives of a state. People will take the claims of any ambassador at face value because we can expect each to be privy to sensitive matters behind-the-scenes. Sometimes, a message from the state is conveyed through an ambassador in another country.

B/W Damascus was supposed to be off-limits based on what I heard before the strike. US delivering strikes in the heart of power of Syria does not reflect well on Russian ability to protect its allies in the face of an onslaught.

Ambassadors certainly are responsible for what they say, but in an less-than-ideal world that isn't always the case, and hence in times of crisis their words should be evaluated for what they are - words - unless a more authoritative body could corroborate them.

Do you ever shut your blowhole? If ever there was a propagandist it was you. I literally said multiple times that Syrian air defenses were ancient and can easily be overwhelmed. I have said it for a long time.

And since when did the US ever fly into hostile airspace without trying to suppress enemy air defenses? Do you think the US would risk the embarrassment of losing aircraft and hundreds of millions of dollars due to aircraft and cruise missile losses?

You are a US cheerleader, you have been know to say the dumbest things to support US perceived superiority.
Talk sensibly; don't make tall claims.

Syrian air defenses aren't ancient - they are not sufficient to stop American firepower however.

Yes; I am aware of that. However, depends upon the scale and objectives of a mission. So far, no indication that US wants to reduce entire set of Syrian defenses to dust. Strikes have occurred in Damascus and Homs per my knowledge.

No; I am calling out on Russian "empty boasts." Trump proved that you guys boast a lot but cannot protect your allies from American onslaught.

Clearly the US and coalition failed to supress Syrian air defense. It must sting inside.
Trying to invent imaginary failures now? I can understand your pain.

there IS one common characteristic in both systems; NEITHER OF THEM WORK! :woot:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom