What's new

#BREAKING Recep Tayyip Erdoğan wins presidential election

What choice does Erdogan have if he wants he changes to last, unless there is another mechanism he leaves in place to allow the changes to outlast his rule?

Btw, there is even talk that Turkey will be asked to sell the S-400 on to India to get into the good graces of the US, and to get a major IMF deal, which Turkey needs to attract western FDI. Not sure how much water that holds.

This is per that first video in my earlier on this thread.

This is why the economy is so important, it allows a nation to maintain any semblance of real independence.
You’re not very well informed Turkiye will never sell its S-400 let alone to India. If it was really necessary Turkiye had the option to transfer the system to Azerbaijan, Qatar etc but India??? no chance at all. SSB President Ismail Demir recently said that at this point even if they gave F35’s for free we wont take it anymore because we have our own Kaan which will be better in terms of capabilities. So if F35 is out of the question what will they offer in return for S-400 to be transferred to another country? sounds like total BS to me.

Bro don’t be a typical Greek hater. They are awash in cash from what I observed. Only issue is him getting stuck in Syria like a fool. Should’ve not gotten involved but he tried to expand the borders when the relationships between Syria and Turkey were going well. Basically did a Pakistan 1980s policy
Who are you calling a fool don’t be an asshole

Erdo is getting authoritarian, but the divide between Islamist vs Secular is so strong that make the Islamist population will keep backing Erdo regardless his getting more authoritarian + bad economic policy.

Many Indians who wants Turkey becomes more secular will cry for this result
We need a strong leader we are not like Indonesians. Most Turks think Erdogan is soft. We hope a more fierce Leader will replace him in the future.

thats fine that he won the elections in his country, but why delusional idiot pakistanis are celebrating is victory in Pakistan, that shows how serious we are with our country especially under the current prevailing situation, bloody low lives.

What I mean is not like that. Turkey is still pretty liberal, the current state is already pretty decent for the secular liberal people.

What I mean is that Erdo should not become authoritarian. Like the way he put Istanbul Governoor into prison and also many journalists who are critical to him.

Harmony should be created between political parties, so who ever wins election is not really a matter of life and dead for the competing political powers in the country. Healthy competition between political parties should be created to create strong democracy and nation.
what are you talking about there is no any Istanbul governor in prison the one who is in prison is former leader of hdp who in 2018 im not sure about the date caused the killings of 54 innocent people after he called for uprising and his supporters committed massacres on the streets in southern Turkiye.

And those so called “journalists” everyone in Turkiye knows who those journalists are what kind of journalist for example carries explosives in his fking car??

This 16 year old boy was one of his victims that day he was brutally lynched, burned and his body multiple times run over by cars by the supporters of selahattin demirtas this so called innocent politician.

IMG_1891.png

Last edited:
Erdogan himself is secular. He is right-wing but still a secular individual
Erdogan is not a secular just because he wears a suit doesnt make him secular. if he was really secular the Turkish secular faction would build his statues everywhere. The reason they oppose him and hate him so much is because he is not one of them. The rest is bs and narratives to fool the masses.

Modi Ji > erdogan
Why do you pajeets compare Our Commander in Chief with that monkey called modi all the time??

No,I'm simply pointing out the facts
Sure those are facts, but singular facts don't mean anything in isolation. There has to be context as well. For example, at the same time, Turkey is becoming a defense exports juggernaut. It's in uniquely favorable position w.r.t the Ukraine war that it wouldn't be if a US lackey was in charge.

lol he is probably on suicide watch right now that Tayip won. lol, this guy would post nonstop about it, and tried doing everything he could to spread that anti arab anti pakistani type racism propaganda in the runup to the election. I hope he stays banned permanently. lol
I second that. It was hella sus the way he was flaming and being racist. Either he is a child (I called him that) or a shit-stirrer. Either way, it's good that he's banned.

Nah even before then, they have been attacking him since davos, where he walked off the stage. I remember that whole clash happened and suddenly all sorts of whisper campaigns stated appearing in Newpaper Opeds and think tank pieces. Suddenly he was the big bad mozlamic boogeyman, It exacerbated during the syrian conflict, but they started before that.

Damn. I never knew about this. I respect him for not sitting there quietly. He said he'd only gotten half the time that Peres got to speak.

The guy can have a hundred faults. He's a human like everyone else. But he is not criticizes for having faults. He is criticized for not falling in line like a good boy. Otherwise, Pakistan has much more ruthless dictator ruling it right now and we haven't heard a word from the champions of human rights and democracy, the last 13 months.

A headline from the Greek media: "The Sultan is Back! Having embarrassed the American and European media, which had predicted his downfall, Erdoğan came back strong and dangerous."

FxR9-7cWIAAZM1l

You’re not very well informed Turkiye will never sell its S-400 let alone to India. If it was really necessary Turkiye had the option to transfer the system to Azerbaijan, Qatar etc but India??? no chance at all. SSB President Ismail Demir recently said that at this point even if they gave F35’s for free we wont take it anymore because we have our own Kaan which will be better in terms of capabilities. So if F35 is out of the question what will they offer in return for S-400 to be transferred to another country? sounds like total BS to me.

Who are you calling a fool don’t be an asshole

We need a strong leader we are not like Indonesians. Most Turks think Erdogan is soft. We hope a more fierce Leader will replace him in the future.
I miss heard the person in that video (which sounded so shocking and I want to see if this was ever mentioned elsewhere) and corrected myself in a follow up post. I know Erdogan won’t want to supply significant arms to India at the behest of the west to couriy favor.

Btw, is the following a fair analysis of what happened in the elections? Btw, Erdogan is going make Swedish ascension to NATO costly. Do you think he will get concessions on Kurdish groups operating there? Or something else?

Last edited:
It is absolutely true that the real election has been made in Turkey. It is impossible to commit election theft in Turkey.

but the fact is that erdogan is feeding a huge army of media and trolls. Everyone in Turkey knows how he found such big money.

This election was a real election, but it was never fair.

If 90 percent of all TV channels work for your opponent, even getting 48 percent of the votes is a miracle.

He is not a good guy and you know it Foinikas, just b/c he is politically expedient for you doesn't mean you should ignore the fact that on a personal level, he is a horrible human being.
Well he does have the tendecy to badmouth people easily...but people who are pissing him off

Congratulations to Erdogan. He was an inspiring person and a great Muslim leader for the first 15 years of his rule. Now he is clung onto power for too long and I still like him for many reasons.. but feel like he should have retired

Well he does have the tendecy to badmouth people easily...

B/c he lacks basic human decency.

but people who are pissing him off

You and I disagree all the time, and I disagree with so many people all the time, but I'm not cursing your family or you cursing mine or making racist comments. Its a decency thing, he lacks dignity.

Back
Top Bottom