What's new

#BREAKING Recep Tayyip Erdoğan wins presidential election

I don't think this is good for secular turkey. Erdogan is a dictator. There is ban on freedom of speech. If Teacher, Lawyers,or anybody criticize Erdogan, he throws them in prison. There are serious violation of human rights under Erdogan arm.
Turkish secularism has fundamental flaws. On one hand they claim they are not Muslims but Turkish nationalists denoting to Central Asian heritage which is false because genetically they are very diverse. For the sake of argument even if one assumes this is correct and consider Ataturk's vision, how can someone claim European culture while being Central Asian Turk? If you have to be a Central Asian Turk you have to accept that you were Muslim and your culture being tribal.

Now as for Erdogan clearly the elections were conducted democratically. I don't think anyone can challenge this argument. Heck even the existing mayors of Istanbul and Ankara are seculars from CHP. What is banned under AKP?? As far as I know no woman is forced to wear a hijab or forced to dress in a certain way that you would expect in the Middle East and South Asia. There is no ban on alcohol, prostitution, or change in laws that allow men to have polygamous relationships. Turks are free to do what they want. If anything, they actually offer more freedom of life as compared to many Western countries.

Last edited:
Turkish secularism has fundamental flaws. On one hand they claim they are not Muslims but Turkish nationalists denoting to Central Asian heritage which is false because genetically they are very diverse. For the sake of argument even if one assumes this is correct and consider Ataturk's vision, how can someone claim European culture while being Central Asian Turk? If you have to be a Central Asian Turk you have to accept that you were Muslim and your culture being tribal.

Now as for Erdogan clearly the elections were conducted democratically. I don't think anyone can challenge this argument. Heck even the existing mayors of Istanbul and Ankara are seculars from CHP. What is banned under AKP?? As far as I know no woman is forced to wear a hijab or forced to dress in a certain way that you would expect in the Middle East and South Asia. There is no ban on alcohol, prostitution, or change in laws that allow men to have polygamous relationships. Turks are free to do what they want. If anything, they actually offer more freedom of life as compared to many Western countries.

this

Unfortunately,Legionnaire talks bad a lot. And yes,he is banned.

Thanks god and good riddance, i was busy with other stuff so i missed the drama on here, let me guess was it racism or was he cursing someone's mother again? lol

How on earth am I "baiting" MMM-E? Are you serious?

You know what you do, Foiny bby 8-), don't play. lol

half the threads are you and him going back and forth. lol

I don't really like these Islamists. But it seems to me that it was these "secularists" who gave him all the votes he needed.

By imposing their Europeanized lifestyles onto the masses, they only triggered more Islamism.

Ironically, it's also these Islamists that have tried to reconcile with the Armenians. It seems the "secularists" are the deniers of past atrocities against non-Muslims.

In my view, that country suffers a severe imbalance between false secularism and right-wing Islamism.

Those balanced people in Turkey are not influential enough and given Turkey's geography and history, it's difficult to be center-left.

It's similar to Pakistan. We've got an enormous right-wing Islamist class and a financially powerful Europeanized upper class; especially amongst the Muhajir & Sindhi elites.

An imbalanced power struggle.

Last edited:
Oh he changed it for sure. And then kept changing it...to the point where there's no foreign currency reserves.
C'mon now. You're worried about turkey's forex reserves?

They do interfere or atleast did in the past, Erdogan cleaned house after 2015 and restored civilian control over the military, if there are any cretins hiding in the shadows thinking about a coup it will be much harder for them to pull it off these day.
And ever since he cleaned house, western media's been baying for his blood. He's a dictator, fascist, narcissist and what not

I'm a what?
Fitna - choas/discord. When applied to a person, it means "agent of choas".

Just translating for you. I personally think you're cool. :-)

Thanks god and good riddance, i was busy with other stuff so i missed the drama on here, let me guess was it racism or was he cursing someone's mother again? lol
Last I saw, he blew his gasket because apparently Pakistanis were searching "turkish girl" on google.

Annoying little twat. I'd had enough of the guy so I gave him a piece of my mind. Don't know if he got banned then or later.

See, I’m not a rabid sectarian like some members thing I am. I support all Muslims except the Takfiri Salafist scums.
Good but not sure who was asking. :lol:

Last edited:
Last I saw, he blew his gasket because apparently Pakistanis were searching "turkish girl" on google.

Annoying little twat. I'd had enough of the guy so I gave him a piece of my mind. Don't know if he got banned then or later.

lol he is probably on suicide watch right now that Tayip won. lol, this guy would post nonstop about it, and tried doing everything he could to spread that anti arab anti pakistani type racism propaganda in the runup to the election. I hope he stays banned permanently. lol

And ever since he cleaned house, western media's been baying for his blood. He's a dictator, fascist, narcissist and what not

Nah even before then, they have been attacking him since davos, where he walked off the stage. I remember that whole clash happened and suddenly all sorts of whisper campaigns stated appearing in Newpaper Opeds and think tank pieces. Suddenly he was the big bad mozlamic boogeyman, It exacerbated during the syrian conflict, but they started before that.

Last edited:

I think he's a good guy,but...well he was gonna get banned sooner or later with all that badmouthing :P

I don't really like these Islamists. But it seems to me that it was these "secularists" who gave him all the votes he needed.

By imposing their Europeanized lifestyles onto the masses, they only triggered more Islamism.

Ironically, it's also these Islamists that have tried to reconcile with Armenians. It seems the "secularists" are the deniers of past atrocities against non-Muslims.

In my view, that country suffers a severe imbalance between false secularism and right-wing Islamism.

Those balanced people in Turkey are not influential enough and given Turkey's geography and history, it's difficult to be center-left.

It's similar to Pakistan. We've got an enormous right-wing Islamist class and a financially powerful Europeanized upper class; especially amongst the Muhajir & Sindhi upper classes.

An imbalanced power struggle.

Ataturk was no saint. But let’s be honest Erdogan did more for turkey last 20 years . Just the infrastructure is like a day and night

Back
Top Bottom