What's new

Breaking: Pakistan, Iran to set up joint 'rapid reaction force' for border security

This is good news , I hope this develops into a full fledged rapid response force to tackle even bigger issues.

Monday, 22 April, 2019 - 11:00
a_handout_picture_provided_by_the_iranian_presidency_shows_iranian_president_hassan_rouhani_l_and_pakistani_pm_imran_khan_reviewing_the_honor_guard_in_tehran_on_monday._afp.jpg

A handout picture provided by the Iranian presidency shows Iranian President Hassan Rouhani (L) and Pakistani PM Imran Khan reviewing the honor guard in Tehran on Monday. (AFP)

Asharq Al-Awsat

Pakistan and Iran will form a rapid response force to combat militant activity on their shared border.

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani made the announcement Monday during a televised press conference in Tehran with Pakistan’s Prime Minister Imran Khan.

“We agreed to increase the security cooperation of the two countries, our border forces, our intelligence forces,” Rouhani said. “And also to form a joint quick reaction force on the border of the two countries for fighting terrorism.”

Khan said that militant activity at the border could be a source of tension.

“The most important reason why I’m here, Mr. President, is because I felt that the issue of terrorism was going to ... increase differences between our countries,” Khan said during the joint press conference. “So it was very important for me to come here and come with our security chief that we resolve this issue.”

Khan had arrived in Iran on Sunday to discuss security and regional issues, Iranian state TV reported, a day after Islamabad urged Tehran to act against militants behind killings in Pakistan’s Baluchistan province.

Relations between Iran and Pakistan have been strained in recent months, with both sides accusing each other of not doing enough to stamp out militants allegedly sheltering across the border.

A new umbrella group representing various insurgent groups operating in Baluchistan claimed responsibility for an attack on Thursday when 14 passengers were killed after being kidnapped from buses in the province, which borders Iran.

Pakistani Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi said on Saturday the training and logistical camps of the new alliance that carried out the attack were based inside Iran and called on Iran to take action against the insurgents.

Tehran has stepped up security along its long border with Pakistan after a suicide bomber killed 27 members of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards in mid-February in southeastern Iran, with Iranian officials saying the attackers were based inside Pakistan.

https://aawsat.com/english/home/article/1690216/pakistan-iran-form-rapid-response-force-border

This is a very good initiative from Pakistani Side. And at last Pakistan dared to visit Iran, otherwise in other "Washington Controlled Governments", it was simply impossible. Salute to IK for such a bold step!

Iran MUST take care of its adjoining areas with Pakistan and eradicate all Terrorist elements detrimental to Pakistan. Since there are NO Border conflicts among India & Iran, therefore, India-Iran relations are lest of my concern, however, Iran MUST NOT allow India to use its soil against Pakistan.

And in turn, Pakistan MUST start immediate crackdown on all Terrorist Organizations responsible for turmoil & chaos inside Iran. These organizations are also detrimental for Pakistani Society.

These are the gifts, Pakistan & Iran can exchange in return for everlasting peace, security and economic betterment.

Not so sure about the materialization or effectiveness of this announcement. Because iranian president has almost no control on armed forces.
Forces are under supreme leader, but if that announcement will be made in the presence of supreme leader and IRGC head then it will be a different story.

Why are the Iranian guard wearing sunglasses? Looks like a cheap fashion accessory.

This joint Force will be created by joint teams comprising of Saberin Takavaan force of IRGC (commandos) and Special Services Group SSG of Pakistan Army.

LOL at 3-4 sectarian paid trolls on this forum.

7201826135540835170298.jpg

iran_special_forces_220217.jpg

19511479_822133814616608_7536324107564931877_n.jpg

This joint Force will be created by joint teams comprising of Saberin Takavaan force of IRGC (commandos) and Special Services Group SSG of Pakistan Army.

LOL at 3-4 sectarian paid trolls on this forum.

7201826135540835170298.jpg

iran_special_forces_220217.jpg

19511479_822133814616608_7536324107564931877_n.jpg

We must cooperate more, joint airforce, Navy army exercises on the way.

We must cooperate more, joint airforce, Navy army exercises on the way.

Things will get very interesting in near future between the two countries despite what few trolls here say.

oh great so in which programming languages and frameworks you have skills?
I have done full stack development in both java and . Net. Last time I coded was around 6 to 7 years ago at least. I mostly manage various teams now

lots of dirty work going on through Afghanistan. now isis emerges from nowhere in Srilanka.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom