What's new

Breaking News: Khadim Rizvi charged with treason, terrorism: information minister

I welcome this news but the Government must carefully handle this case. TLP comes wity large followership across the country due to both polical and spritual reasons and if only 0.005% people gone nuts in protest of this decision it might lead to doom of this government. Frankly speaking TLP belongs to one of the most popular sects in Pakistan and taking action against them requires a lot of courage and determination. It is not easy to swallow them and the backlash is almost guaranteed
The problem is the party was started by someone in the UAE it is not clear who and therefore he is taken. Forget everything, what about the things that were said about the sahabas? should the government not challenge that I don't understand why there is a council of islam ideology.

Being scared of Jahil mullahs will only empower the Jahil mullahs.
He's intellectual personality, A Hafiz-e-Quran, and Sheikh-ul-Hadith, and has a deep understanding of Allam Iqbal's Poetry. Gov already put behind the bars the main person of his party who went against of army and CJP. I think don't put him too much pressure on him and his family that he become nuts and lead the grand caravan against Gov and Army. We can't fight with them and start killing our own Muslim brother, This school of thought have a majority in whole country.

Dawn.com December 01, 2018

5c027e04ba984.jpg

TLP chief Khadim Hussain Rizvi was taken into protective custody last week in Lahore. — File photo

Information minister Fawad Chaudhry on Saturday announced that Tehreek-i-Labbaik Pakistan (TLP) chief Khadim Hussain Rizvi has been charged with treason and terrorism at Lahore's Civil Lines police station.

Several other TLP leaders have also been charged with treason and terrorism at other police stations in Punjab, he announced.

The minister was briefing the media regarding last week's countrywide crackdown against TLP leaders and workers at a press conference in Islamabad.

On November 23, Rizvi was taken into "protective custody" by police from Lahore as law enforcement agencies launched a massive crackdown against workers of TLP and Tehreek-i-Labbaik Ya Rasool Allah (TLYRA).

Chaudhry revealed that a total of 2,899 people were taken into protective custody from across Punjab while 139 persons from Sindh and 126 from Islamabad were also taken into custody.

The crackdown had come ahead of Rizvi's call to party members to observe martyrs’ day on November 25. He had asked workers and supporters to gather at Faizabad in the federal capital — the same venue where the party had staged a weeks-long sit-in last year that had virtually paralysed the federal capital and led to several people losing their lives.

Rizvi and his fellow party leaders are accused of staging violent protests, passing incendiary remarks against the judiciary and the prime minister as well as provoking the military to stage a mutiny — all in the aftermath of the Supreme Court's acquittal of Aasia Bibi in a blasphemy case
https://www.dawn.com/news/1448807/t...d-with-treason-terrorism-information-minister

Chalo ji ho gaya kam.

He's intellectual personality, A Hafiz-e-Quran, and Sheikh-ul-Hadith, and has a deep understanding of Allam Iqbal's Poetry.

And he swears like a drunken sailor and spews anti state hatred anainst it's institutions and is for Terrorism against Pakistan's minorities. He is most probably a sexual predator... A rapist.. and a pedophile... They all are.

All Jahil mullahs deserve to be hung!
1360538540_3425309-rope-noose-on-black-background.jpg

And he swears like a drunken sailor and spews anti-state hatred against it's institutions and is for Terrorism against Pakistan's minorities.

All Jahil mullahs deserve to be hung!
I agree with you and listen his some speeches, but he belongs to a major religious school of thoughts group, Gov and Army can't able to fight with them if this situation goes out of control process. Gov already put the main person of his party behind the bars who went against of institution. I think Gov should refrain from further action against him.

I think don't put him too much pressure on him and his family that he become nuts and lead the grand caravan against Gov and Army. We can't fight with them and start killing our own Muslim brother, This school of thought have a majority in whole country.
So what? Majority of Barelvis do not even agree with this Pen Di Siri.

I agree with you and listen his some speeches, but he belongs to a major religious school of thoughts group, Gov and Army can't able to fight with them if this situation goes out of control process.

You don't accomodate cancer... You cut it out before it spreads any further. Jahil mullahism is a cancer you have to eradicate it no matter what.

In Pakistan treason case are filed only against those who have no support from cia and west that is why ptm is free to move here and many liberals like asma jahngir who openly gave such statements against institutions are called as leader by cjp and jibran nasir also made wrong false accusitions against army many times but no such cases are filed against him and he is free to move govt should treat all in equal manner

Pakistan clerics in blasphemy case to face treason charges

By Associated Press

December 1 at 9:21 AM

ISLAMABAD — A Pakistani minister says the detained Islamic clerics who disrupted daily life with rallies across Pakistan following the acquittal of a Christian woman in a blasphemy case will face treason and terrorism charges.

Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry said on Saturday that Tehreek-e-Labbaik party chief Khadim Hussain Rizvi and two other leaders have been booked under treason and terrorism charges.

They were initially arrested under pre-emptive laws last week.

Chaudhry said police arrested Rizvi’s and more than 3000 of his supporters who held violent rallies following the Oct. 31 acquittal of Asia Bibi by the Supreme Court.

Bibi had been on death row since 2010 on charges of insulting Islam’s Prophet Muhammad.

Rizvi and other clerics are accused of inciting supporters and making incendiary remarks against the judiciary and military chief.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.9520889c1cf8

Shoot the foul mouthed devil

I agree with you and listen his some speeches, but he belongs to a major religious school of thoughts group, Gov and Army can't able to fight with them if this situation goes out of control process. Gov already put the main person of his party behind the bars who went against of institution. I think Gov should refrain from further action against him.
These people are good at throwing stones and trying to kill a lone woman. Kill a few of the jahils they will foeget all about the prophet pbuh and phen de siri

Back
Top Bottom