What's new

BREAKING NEWS : K-4 MISSILE TESTED

From Indian express, I read it is not K-4 but 750 Kms range Bo-5 (K-15). But K-4 with 3000 kms. range will be tested shortly.

Interesting...

Passengers bound for Kuala Lumpur from here by an Air India Express flight were sent to Chennai by a bus after the airline’ s flight in Singapore–Tiruchi–Chennai sector was cancelled on Monday afternoon.

Flight IX — 681 was cancelled because of launch of an experimental launch vehicle over the Bay of Bengal between noon and 4 p.m., airline sources here said.

Information regarding cancellation of the Air India Express flight was given to passengers who were to board from the international airport here, an Air India official here said.

Chennai-bound passengers from Tiruchi who were travelling by the flight made their own alternative, the sources said.

The 38 Kuala Lumpur-bound passengers who were to travel by the flight to Chennai and take another aircraft of the same airline to the Malaysian capital were put in a bus at the Tiruchi airport.

The airline’s flight to Kuala Lumpur from Chennai, which was scheduled to depart at 4 p.m., was made to leave at 6.30 p.m. to accommodate passengers from Tiruchi, the sources said.

The Hindu

If the two incidents are connected, it looks like they've decided to go the low-profile way while testing missiles. I appreciate that.

India never claim that Brahmos is completely Indeginous. Its a joint venture between India and Russia.

Despite that the following claim:

India is the only country in the world to own a submarine launched supersonic cruise missile.
If above claim is correct, despite BrahMos not being an indigenous. So whats wrong with US SLBM and British submarine marriage and not being listed in such statistics as India?

Thats what I mean/

Has it been confirmed that the missile was K4 itself ??

Because there was reports earlier (from 2 March 2014) that DRDO was going to test K15/B05 again soon .

So the chances that this test was of K15 rather than K4 are high .

Because there was reports earlier (from 2 March 2014) that DRDO was going to test K15/B05 again soon .

Times of India confirms it's K-4

The new SLBM with a range over 2,000 km, tentatively dubbed K-4, was tested from a submersible pontoon in the Bay of Bengal on Monday.

India tests new underwater nuclear missile - The Times of India

It is K4.

They also reported the test of K15 last year as K5 test .

So I will not be surprised if they are proven wrong .

What is even more weird is that there is no confirmation from DRDO untill now .

I hope it didnt explode in the air , that have been happening quite frequently in the past :D

You are posting in the wrong thread ...... This thread is not about Pakistani missiles .

Back
Top Bottom