What's new

Breaking News : Blast outside Karachi railway station kills six

karan.1970

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
KARACHI: At least six people were killed when a loud explosion ripped apart a passenger bus parked outside the gates of Karachi Cantonment Station, the main railway station in the city.

The large blast completely ripped opened the roof of the bus, scheduled to depart for Sargodha, which caught fire following the explosion.

“There are reports of five people being killed in the blast. The injured have been shifted to Jinnah Hospital,” said Ahmed Chinoy, the head of the Citizen Police Liaison Committee (CPLC).

At least 40 other people were also injured in the blast, with five of them said to be in critical condition, hospital officials said.

The nature of the explosion could not be ascertained.

“So far, we are unable to say whether the explosion was a terrorist attack or a cylinder blast,” said Chinoy.

Karachi’s Cantt Station is one of the busiest areas of the city. It is one of the main terminals for inter-city travel as well as outside the city. The bus and coach terminals right outside the station are also used by hundreds everyday for travel to different parts of the country.

An emergency was enforced at the Jinnah Hospital, which is located close to the blast site.

The terror situation in Pakistan is not getting out of hands but it is way out of the hands. Is the army and isi sleeping or what? Why dont they hit them hard, go after them till they are on the run for their lives! how many poor civilians will die before this is all over!

OOPs no match today & no closing of cellphones in karachi by rehman and we get a bomb blast! weird ehh

The terror situation in Pakistan is not getting out of hands but it is way out of the hands. Is the army and isi sleeping or what? Why dont they hit them hard, go after them till they are on the run for their lives! how many poor civilians will die before this is all over!

my indian friend don't worry army is fighting them everywhere! but these terrorists come out through unsealed border with afghanistan. we can't stop them all. everyone remembers the goals that the goal keeper fails to save!

just chill this nonsense will end

OOPs no match today & no closing of cellphones in karachi by rehman and we get a bomb blast! weird ehh

my indian friend don't worry army is fighting them everywhere! but these terrorists come out through unsealed border with afghanistan. we can't stop them all. everyone remembers the goals that the goal keeper fails to save!

Why does Iran have no such problems? Do they protect their borders better?

So just cuz I beleive that Pakistan army and ISI is not really getting to the root of the problem, you call me Indian? Interesting stuff. Let's say if I was to curse them, then maybe you would start calling me infidel or a zionist. Just a fyi, I love Pakistan Army and ISI!

they are not supporting NATO's WoT sadly. and their border is not as mountainous like ours. for example we get no elements sneaking in from plains of Balochistan. all come from places where there are mountains & easier place to hide.

Any news on the cause of explosion ?

Any news on the cause of explosion ?
It was a bomb acc. to reuters:
Blast in Pakistan's Karachi kills six on bus, 48 hurt.

By Imtiaz Shah
KARACHI, Pakistan | Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:30am EST
(Reuters) - A bomb went off on a bus in the southern Pakistani city of Karachi on Saturday killing six people and wounding 48, police and a hospital official said.

Pakistan's commercial capital and biggest city has seen numerous militant attacks over the past 10 years and is also plagued by violence between rival ethnic-based factions.

The bus sustained serious damage in the explosion and a subsequent fire. While police said the bomb had been planted on the bus, provincial official Sharfud Din Memon said it was left on a motor-bike and went off as the bus passed.

Eight of the wounded were in critical condition, said Seemi Jamali, a doctor at Jinnah Hospital.

(Writing By Katharine Houreld; Editing by Robert Birsel)

reported.......

Multiple ID troll banned.

Engaged in creating anti-Pakistani threads and banned topics. Other nationalities now cannot create negative Pakistani social news. Please be aware.

By WebMaster

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/announcements/90105-multiple-ids-creations.html#post3740398

KARACHI: At least six people were killed when a loud explosion ripped apart a passenger bus parked outside the gates of Karachi Cantonment Station, the main railway station in the city.

The large blast completely ripped opened the roof of the bus, scheduled to depart for Sargodha, which caught fire following the explosion.

“There are reports of five people being killed in the blast. The injured have been shifted to Jinnah Hospital,” said Ahmed Chinoy, the head of the Citizen Police Liaison Committee (CPLC).

At least 40 other people were also injured in the blast, with five of them said to be in critical condition, hospital officials said.

The nature of the explosion could not be ascertained.

“So far, we are unable to say whether the explosion was a terrorist attack or a cylinder blast,” said Chinoy.

Karachi’s Cantt Station is one of the busiest areas of the city. It is one of the main terminals for inter-city travel as well as outside the city. The bus and coach terminals right outside the station are also used by hundreds everyday for travel to different parts of the country.

An emergency was enforced at the Jinnah Hospital, which is located close to the blast site.

My cousin is not getting any rest tonight. Her shift was suppose to end at Jinnah, she's been awake since 30 hours. Guess she has to stay there longer... Karachi police is a joke. Its political parties that are trying to get army to intervene so that elections get postponed. Stupid zardari and his thugs.

Nope, they occasionally show North America (including Canada) the middle finger. We should do this too, maybe that would make this nonsense stop

reported.......

You also fall into such category. Stop trolling

Back
Top Bottom